tried self found but failed.

This league(torment) has been awesome for me.. just dinged 91 and there has been a lot of my first's in this league...

-first temp.league 6l(with fuses)
Spoiler

-first ever 77+78 maps (also first full 77/78 clears without deaths, unless you count hundreds of zombies/spectres.. :D)

So i can't say i'm failing this time... :D (only 130 74 maps for 92)
d:-D*
Full SFL 1hour per day or so
2exalts found
2 5linked

found in sarn LOL

Zana Unique reward

some nice gear

Still not Found Echoing Shrine ans some Torment Spirits ! :(
Full SFL FUN :)
100% self found here, I haven't traded once. My goal is to reach level 100, even if it takes me a year. (Or longer)

Last edited by Nizreb915 on Jan 29, 2015, 11:35:11 PM

My SSF Ranger, 30-36hour /played, fooled around in last SC league, but got bored. Made to Merciless Act3 with ~-40% all resists.

When playing SSF it's important to pick very strong skill, that does not rely too much (or at all) on items, like for instance Shockwave totem. First character might blow, but with accumulating rare items, unique items, gems, you can start building other character(s).

SSF is more than doable, as the game has become quite easy. It's just a matter of experience, knowledge and "skill".
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Feb 7, 2015, 1:58:39 PM
I played a SF (not self twinked) SRS witch in Bloodlines, which worked pretty well. Found some nice starter gear which I used until lvl 78 (unique spell echo wand and unique +2 minions shield). She then died by the hands of some chaos dmg map boss, simply because I was carelsss and didn't watch out for my zombies, which got slaughtered a bit too fast. But overall I really like this method of playing and will continue to do so.

Last edited by Tanit on Feb 9, 2015, 6:54:55 AM
Raise your hand in this thread if you understand the difference between a *self found* character and a *self twinked* character.

There are but a few true self found characters made and played that fit the job description.

=)
replying so i can find it later thx for the infos guys
I played self-found in Ambush and I was Lv82 with a blue ammy lol. Then again, there wasn't much merit since I was playing a
Spoiler
prolif flameblast
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

The self found idea is great but it doesnt really work in this game. The only way to get gear is to sell items you cant use and buy items you can use.
All the gear on my chars are bought. Maybe some of my chars have 1 item that i found myself.

The diablo 3 "smart" drop system is great for self found and maybe something like that can be implented into here on a self found only league? But i dont think that will workout in this game.
"
royvisser1990 wrote:
The diablo 3 "smart" drop system is great for self found and maybe something like that can be implented into here on a self found only league? But i dont think that will workout in this game.

Diablo 3's SF died the day the AH was closed and items became account-bound... smartdrops are just stupid and has nothing to do with SF, smartdrops are for the ex-AH people that otherwise would jump into PoE.
Maybe if the droprates were equal to D3v, then d3 would be a nice option...

Why do people think that SF needs a different league or droprates? That is not what SF is, atleast not for me.

For me it is about the challenge/journey with my current character, i also like to face the RNG and see what it has to offer.

SF is not for all people, you must have a ton of patience and the ability to be happy for the things yuo have, not the things you want.

BTW, took my 15 months to find a Facebreaker, but finally i have the combo, and even in the same league... :D

Spoiler
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info