tried self found but failed.

I left out endurance charges! Armor is weak ass shit and isn't worth a damn really, but I got seven endurance charges on melee stun and it makes the maps doable.
Self found is fine you just can't go into it with any expectations.

Expecting your drops to be good suggest to me you didn't have a good plan in place to deal with never getting good drops.

I'll agree with you that turning a self found character into a non self found character can almost double it's power instantly with ease. That doesn't mean self found characters have to be powerless or slow at maps. Really a lot of it depends on what build you choose to go with also.
Iv only ever had to buy items if im using a build that runs Arctic armor, with that in mind i was able to find/make some crazy gear last season for my tornado shot char,

"

As you can see it is easy to run those types of builds because like using Arc you dont need Mana regen, but it just proves if you take the time the items will drop.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________

Self found except the rats nest in the one week race, i bought the rats nest at day 6 i think 1 day prior to the end, since i just wanted the move speed buff at that point.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : oi double post armor, my bad, must be because it was such a GG moment in that 1 week, still feel excite when i look at it :).
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 28, 2015, 8:54:48 PM
A 1 in a million, getting a 6 link in a week race SF. Not something to plan around, but an incredible bonus for sure! :)
"
"
Moonyu wrote:
I left out endurance charges! Armor is weak ass shit and isn't worth a damn really, but I got seven endurance charges on melee stun and it makes the maps doable.

Who are you and where did you hide The Ruler of OT's body? It is known that our glorious leader of all things irreverent has never made it off the beach...

I've claimed the crown to his former title. Fits like a glove shaped like a crown.
"
A 1 in a million, getting a 6 link in a week race SF. Not something to plan around, but an incredible bonus for sure! :)

Got rank 21 if i remember correctly, level 91 and i did atziri in that 1 week.

And she dropped a perfect flask for me! (lul at flask haters, in the 1-week that was a pretty epic drop
no-less)

And i think i froze for roughly 30 minutes when that 6-link appeared and then spammed my guild chat for another 30 minutes going ballistic.

The bow is a similar story, did a poorjoy's asylum with a friend when we both hit lvl 74 (2 levels above that map) and it had a "drops rare bows" as its unique modifier. The bows that dropped where total shit, but they provided me the crafting base of a 73 harbinger which i then crafted and exalted eventually :).

got the 147% roll first with multicrit, then regaled the attack speed and then crafted flat phys on it :).
It's obvious what the exalt brought me. <.o
That regal with attack speed was like 1 in XXX chances and it felt good.

Ah, good times, i love a one-week push.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : we took 2 hours to clear that poorjoys if i remember correctly, him with a stun mace build just trying to stun everything and me with the dps behind him. Great fun.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 28, 2015, 9:08:51 PM
"
"
Moonyu wrote:

Who are you and where did you hide The Ruler of OT's body? It is known that our glorious leader of all things irreverent has never made it off the beach...

Blame Lachdanan for playing another game now. It was kinda surprising not dying in the surf for a change.
Playing self-found in a HC league is one of the hardest things you can do in PoE. Good luck with that.
"
It's kind of a pain in the dingus.

You need to cap resists. How do you cap resists? Endless Baal runs. But the best Baal runs, the ones that are the most efficient use of the finite seconds and minutes of your life, are Merciless Baal runs.

With Baal Runs+Masters Crafting, it is possible to play self found now. It's a pity no other area is worth your time, though.

Nope... you sacrifice a few passive points other players might consider "wasted".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info