Three acts only is a shame

"
Martinezz123 wrote:
Have you watched first Star Wars several times?
I didn't.

Yep! I sure did.

Re-experiencing something I enjoyed may not have that first kick of experiencing it blind, but it lets me re-examine certain things with a different outlook. Not to mention, if it's good enough? It's still fun.

You're missing out big-time.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
ok, ok I've seen Alien 1 a few times :)
Last edited by Martinezz123 on Jan 24, 2015, 5:06:42 PM
"
Wraeclast has one of the richest lores in my gaming experience. Far richer than Sanctuary's. You only need to look at that history of Wraeclast wiki entry to see that.

And lore trumps story when it comes to game narrative. I find that things go pear shaped when people try to do both at once. Bad lore delivery is info dumping; bad story execution is just plot.

PoE delivers its lore very expertly: it's in the items,the architecture, the incidental lore items, NPC chatter/responses.

Is the story lacking? Only if you mistake the game for the story of the Exile. It's not. It's the story of Wraeclast's history; the Exile is just a lens or torch shedding light on the obfuscated mysteries.

Doesn't mean the Exile can't have a story. Just don't expect the game to hand it to you. Its busy enough telling a different, much bigger story in a way we can grasp.

Yes, I have read the history article in the Path of Exile Wiki, that was the first I did before getting committed with the game, reason why I affirm that Path of Exile has such a rich lore.

What I would like to see is that background being exploited with a more novelist and linear narrative, adding books in-game as in Tibia or the Elder Scrolls series would be interesting, or making quests with more interesting objectives that makes you feel you're doing something meaningful, maybe with game events teaming up with other players as you do in Warframe; or raids, with long quests that implies to find many NPCs in the process and making decisions. Quests likes "Kill Fulano", "Go to X dot in the map" or "Find the Deus Ex Machina" are not good enough for story driving purposes. I strongly believe that exploring that history with your actions in-game is what makes the story of a game good. Not only finding out the past, but exploring the present and surviving it.

By the other hand, I find a little big discouraging that even though the articles in the Wiki are useful to know better the history in Wraeclast (useful because that is actually a compilation made by players of the all the pieces you find in-game about the lore of Wraeclast, being this, a puzzle), that article tells the history in a very superficial way. Of course this is just my opinion. There are players that enjoy exploring the lore solving puzzles and putting pieces together. Everything but cutscenes and quicktime events will be welcome to please players like the OP.
"
Reserved for samkiud reply.

Dude, I've been waiting your reply for years. You should have written: "Typing a message..."

Just bump and let me know.
Please delete this post
Last edited by Martinezz123 on Jan 26, 2015, 8:14:59 AM
I hope there will be more plot in the act 4. Not only kill this kill that.

What would YOU like to see in act 4??
"
Me.

Just log in after the 1.4 patch with one of your characters and voila...you're in the game in Act IV. ;)
"

It does not mean who, or are you "something"?
"
Martinezz123 wrote:
"

It does not mean who, or are you "something"?
(joke it was a joke)
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
Martinezz123 wrote:
So I've finished the third act and killed Dominus and... what, am I supposed to play this game again but on a higher difficuulty level?
Com one people!
You're making this game for years now. Can not you add an act or two more?
I can't play the same stuff again. It's stupid.

PLEASE ADD AN ACT 4 AND 5.

LoL.OmG.Lol.
You heard about endgame maps?
Last edited by And1111 on Jan 26, 2015, 1:13:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info