Three acts only is a shame

"
Martinezz123 wrote:
I've never played the same stuff in any game in my 25+ yaers gamepleying experience.

"
Act 4 is due to be released early this year.

Wow. Great!!

So, wait. You've never once enjoyed a game enough to replay it?

You poor thing...
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
Enjoy the grinding of the end game, that is what is all about: this is a grinding gears game!
Last edited by Samkiud on Jan 24, 2015, 5:58:26 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Lol. This game releases more content than multi-billion dollar companies. A4 is scheduled for around April btw.

Yeah, can you believe other companies actually spend their time fixing and balancing the game instead of just pumping out new broken content?
"Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there."
- Qarl
"
Deankar wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Lol. This game releases more content than multi-billion dollar companies. A4 is scheduled for around April btw.

Yeah, can you believe other companies actually spend their time fixing and balancing the game instead of just pumping out new broken content?

Rofl, what content have they added recently that is broken?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Loreweaver wrote:
"
Martinezz123 wrote:
I've never played the same stuff in any game in my 25+ yaers gamepleying experience.

"
Act 4 is due to be released early this year.

Wow. Great!!

You poor thing...

Because I'm focused ona story telling. Even as residual as here.
I need a plot, a sense, a goal.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Rofl, what content have they added recently that is broken?

^bro, you gotta take of the shaders from time to time.

I am no PoE hater or a fanboy, i look at the game like it is and react accordingly and i can say if your laughing at people making those statements you seriously got blinders on. Since his point is accurate.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : for clarification, i also agree with slayer. But this results in highly unstable patches and a lot of semi-patches to follow-up and clean shit up.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 24, 2015, 12:21:22 PM
"
Martinezz123 wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:

You poor thing...

Because I'm focused ona story telling. Even as residual as here.
I need a plot, a sense, a goal.

I agree with you. I'm one of those kind of players too. More in-depth lore than visceral-stabby oriented.
"
I hear Diablo 3 has a goal,a plot.

25 years of gaming and you've never done a game that encourages replays? Oookay.

You do realised that most classic games don't have stories or plots, right? Don't play the "I'm an old school gamer" card and then whinge about lacking or recycled content. Pac Man? Space Invaders? Pitfall? Not exactly bristling with engrossing story.

PoE works with its strengths: the character building complexity, itemization, rich setting. You don't really need a plot when the play itself is a story building experience. People bitch about the lack of story; I rejoice at the lack of narrative hand-holding.

You want a great story for an ARPG setting? Go read something. I strongly recommend frostbites' fiction in the community showcase board. Dude does good story.

You want a great ARPG? You got it right here.

Both? No real point. But if you to be guided through the slaughter by way of clichéd bullshit including overly chatty bad guys and a twist so predictable it just makes you roll your eyes? D3 all the way.

And the joke is that D3 is the result of an awesome ARPG series being forced through the sausage grinder of story-by-committee.

So that...went well.

I have to admit you're right. Although I still considering that you can have both in a good video game, and Path of Exile has a good potential for a rich lore and good story. It has awesome voice acting (GGG knows to look for the right people), the concept is original and the background is intriguing. If you exploit that, you'll be able to please both audiences, although, of course, there's no replayability in games based in story, at least you focus it in the player's decisions and their consequences (last Telltale Games and Bioware), and that's way too hard to do well, and it should not be GGG focus for this game anyway.
Last edited by Samkiud on Jan 24, 2015, 1:49:45 PM
Honestly, I kind of hated the voice direction for a bunch of characters in PoE; they kind of sound like they're just...reading off of note cards in a monotone. There ARE a few shining characters, and now that the game's so established and the characters so popular they're obviously not gonna change it, but the voice work is one of the weaker parts in my opinion.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.
"
25 years of gaming and you've never done a game that encourages replays? Oookay.

You do realised that most classic games don't have stories or plots, right? Don't play the "I'm an old school gamer" card and then whinge about lacking or recycled content. Pac Man? Space Invaders? Pitfall? Not exactly bristling with engrossing story.

I've rather prefferred Draconus, Mercenary etc. on my Atari 65xe.

And as you can see I'm NOT PLAYING an old gamer. We live in times when a whole generation of first home computer's players became "old". That's how things work.

And I came through hell a lot of games in my life. So believe me, it's difficult to excite me.

Have you watched first Star Wars several times?
I didn't.
Apart from watching Home Alone each year on christmass and playing Fallout 2 after a few years of a break I rarely do things like that. Even if I would, playing the same content just right after finishing it is a bit... strange?

"
You want a great story for an ARPG setting? Go read something. I strongly recommend frostbites' fiction in the community showcase board. Dude does good story.
I'm sure there are a lot of people like me.
I hear Diablo 3 has a goal,a plot.

As I said. I don't mind a residual story when a gameplay is good enough. That's how the aRPGs are.
Diablo?? Do you consider Diablo's story to be a good one? "A star came down to an earth and it's evil... You need to kill that evil." Hmmm...

Go play "Asrael's Tear" a game from 90ties.
It has a real story.

Last edited by Martinezz123 on Jan 24, 2015, 4:19:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info