[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

"
xphailedx wrote:
Edit: Something really crucial. I can only summon maximum of 9 RS, why is this? (Says in the tooltip top left.) Also.. It says that zombies should have 100k? It says mine only has 600..

SRS have a short base duration (3.5 seconds), and I'm not sure exactly what your tree looks like at the moment, but for SRS both cast speed and increased duration nodes are important to pump more out faster and have them last longer. However, I do not believe this build is a strictly SRS focused one, so have only nine out is not too bad, honestly.
As far as the 100K, I believe that is the total damage they will be putting out collectively (given optimal circumstances). The 600 is how much life (?) each one has. I am hesitant about my answer only because I know the tooltip displays their max life, but I do not recall it displaying a damage number for them.

I have only skimmed this guide, honestly, so I may be off with how I expect milestones (like the SRS limit) and mechanics (like the 100K collective Zombie damage) to work out.
"
xphailedx wrote:
Something really crucial. I can only summon maximum of 9 RS, why is this? (Says in the tooltip top left.) Also.. It says that zombies should have 100k? It says mine only has 600..

You should be able to summon 50... if you had phenomenal cast speed and a lot of increased duration for them. The 50 is the theoretical limit. Since they're short-lived, you'll have (way) less... I think I can have around 15 alive at the same time at most.

My hard limits are:
Raging Spirits: 50
Skeletons: 12
Zombies: 8

The 100k are from all your zombies combined (not each one). To reach that number, the gem has to be levelled up and +'ed by Empower/Geofri's.
Last edited by Cyzax on May 3, 2015, 9:26:48 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
xphailedx wrote:
Something really crucial. I can only summon maximum of 9 RS, why is this? (Says in the tooltip top left.) Also.. It says that zombies should have 100k? It says mine only has 600..

You should be able to summon 50... if you had phenomenal cast speed and a lot of increased duration for them. The 50 is the theoretical limit. Since they're short-lived, you'll have (way) less... I think I can have around 15 alive at the same time at most.

My hard limits are:
Raging Spirits: 50
Skeletons: 12
Zombies: 8

The 100k are from all your zombies combined (not each one). To reach that number, the gem has to be levelled up and +'ed by Empower/Geofri's.

Thanks I've bought a Geofri's and a level 18 Raise Zombie so I guess it's 20 now with the empower gem. The health on my zombies are 7k, nowhere near 100k hp TOTAL do you know what limits it? Also, how can I acquire more mana? I think I may need around 200 more.
Last edited by xphailedx on May 3, 2015, 12:00:26 PM
"
xphailedx wrote:
Thanks I've bought a Geofri's and a level 18 Raise Zombie so I guess it's 20 now with the empower gem. The health on my zombies are 7k, nowhere near 100k hp TOTAL do you know what limits it? Also, how can I acquire more mana? I think I may need around 200 more.

I think the calculations for Zombie HP include a L20 Zombie gem, and a L3 Empower. This will bring the effective level in Geofri's up to 24, meaning around 1.5x the amount of HP you have.

More mana have to come from either the nodes around the 'Heart and Soul' passive skill, the +INT nodes in the skill tree, or from energy shield via Eldritch Battery (remember to Q20 your ES gear as that adds a bit more).
The setup I referenced earlier has 166 free mana when running the three auras, which is enough for me.
Last edited by Cyzax on May 3, 2015, 12:29:05 PM
I've hit another wall.. I have 155% cast speed, so I'm casting 3.2 SRS. My question is why am I limited to 11? I saw some guy at 185%, 3.8 casts SRS and he was casting up to 25 SRS, even higher. How can I cast more? One more thing, my skeletons do really low damage, as in really really low. About 12 get stuck on one enemy and would take a minute or two to kill it. Why is this?

Edit: I'm guessing I've found my answer to the SRS, I'm missing the six final increased duration nodes which would increased Skill Duration by 90%. Would this solve as to why I'm only limited to 11 SRS?
Last edited by xphailedx on May 5, 2015, 11:03:22 PM
"
xphailedx wrote:
One more thing, my skeletons do really low damage, as in really really low. About 12 get stuck on one enemy and would take a minute or two to kill it. Why is this?

The skeletons are meat shields, not damage dealers. I've now stopped having extra support gems on them, and instead have my gloves and unset ring like this:

Once you get the increased duration nodes, Vaal Haste with the Increased Duration support gem can run for over 15 seconds, and Flesh Offering for 6+. Use them liberally for lots and lots of extra damage.

"
xphailedx wrote:
Edit: I'm guessing I've found my answer to the SRS, I'm missing the six final increased duration nodes which would increased Skill Duration by 90%. Would this solve as to why I'm only limited to 11 SRS?

The answer is yes :-)
Last edited by Cyzax on May 6, 2015, 2:41:37 AM
Would Atziri's Splendour work on this build? Also, would the life and mana gained on kill work on SRS?
"
xphailedx wrote:
Would Atziri's Splendour work on this build? Also, would the life and mana gained on kill work on SRS?

The life/mana gain would not work as the spirits are doing the killing, not you.
"
xphailedx wrote:
How can I cast more?
Vaal Haste is your BFF
I'm level 80 now with more currency, still feel a little weak and die easily. Also my zombies dies prettt quickly on bosses. Anybody down to add me in game to talk about the build? IGN: BlueYellowBlack

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info