[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

Build is probably one of the most fun builds I've played so far. I'm currently running with a 6S/5L Searing touch instead of a +2/+1 fire staff and its working just fine.. dps is pretty insane, and it's quite comical when I turn on Vaal Haste, a bosses life just melts away.

Any evaluation for this sidhebreath? I feel like it'd be quite useful for this build
Besides health regen and having a huge sized health pool, are there any additional ways to gain health during combat? i.e. some way to "gain life on hit" or life leech somehow, maybe attached to Ball Lightning, or SRS? Otherwise there's no way to deal with sudden life loss by leaping or ranged mobs except constant use of flasks.
Arcanor
^I've been wondering if Thief's Torment would be enough life on hit to make Ball Lightning a viable heal. Also whether it would allow me to do no regen maps. I suspect it's not worth it though.
Just came back to the game after months off and figured I would finally try an SRS build using whatever random gear I have laying around. Having a lot of fun for now, can't wait for the SRS to become a bit stronger since for now (low 30s) it's still faster to just spam Ice Nova to clear everything, but on bosses I see SRS is amazing. I'm using a 6link Raise Zombie in a Tabula and it's hilarious. Summoning zombies costs me 98% of my total mana but once they are there, watch out! Zombie + Empower (level 2) + splash + multistrike + minion dmg + melee physical makes everything hilarious.

Question for the build down the road. Here's 2 items I could see using for SRS.
Spoiler

Don't mind the gems for now, they are on another character. Assuming I can get the chest to roll 2B4R which will likely cost me like 4000 chromes, which would be better to use? 6link chest or a 5l +2 fire staff? I don't have currency to buy a +1/+2 staff or a 6link staff to craft myself either.
Is there a 3B3R version for SRS that could give similar results? I guess I could do minion damage instead of melee physical? Trade a more multiplier for an increase, but I'll save a couple thousand chromes and my sanity. Is it better to take off splash in this case? I'm not planning on doing Uber Atziri. At best I'll try Atziri (never killed her) and run some 73-74 maps (highest I can sustain in my pool of maps). As long as I can do maps quickly I'll be happy.

Appreciate any help!
Why isnt minion damage used?
"
Masterik wrote:
Why isnt minion damage used?

Because the effective damage increase of that gem is the lowest out of all the support gem you want to use with minions.
I'm making my second char - can I use this build to leveling or I there are faster options? Don't have lot of money for fancy stuff
"
I'm making my second char - can I use this build to leveling or I there are faster options? Don't have lot of money for fancy stuff

Assuming you don't have high level gems to switch to later that allows you to level quickly using whatever skills you want, you can do a hybrid summoner while levelling, as long as you equip the gems so they level with you. If you have a Tabula Rasa (cheap to buy one), do a 6 link zombie summoner and use any spell to help you clear with your zombies. I used Ice Nova (no links) with 6 link zombies until level 55 when I switched to SRS in my 6link and Zombies in a +2helm. 6link zombies will destroy everything through early Merciless, Ice Nova for me was to do something while standing around and also to break barrels. I didn't find SRS too great while levelling since you won't have the increased duration nodes yet so they last only 3.5seconds and they won't be buffed by auras/minion damage much, that is why I went with permanent zombies as a better levelling skill.
"

1) Zombie - Multi Strike- Splash - Empower - Melee Splash

"Splash" and "Meele Splash" is that the same? - is it a mistake?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info