[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

Why you should play this particular build:

The best part of this build is that the entry point is so low. You can easily hit 200k damage on found gear and have no problem clearing any map in the game. It's fully Aztiri capable. The build also provides a lot of room for IIQ/IIR making it an ideal first build in every league. It's has a fairly low skill cap, meaning brand new players can use this build to clear end game maps easily. Yet at the same time there is substantial room for growth in skill, skill will go a long way to upping your clear speed. Gear also has a lot of upwards mobility. You could easily do 200k on this build in all white gear provided it had the right sockets and links. But my 12ex-ish geared character does 500k peak dps to bosses. No joke, 500k.

Maps are a cinch, the only maps that should give you any problem are ones with lots of AoE (which can be played around). I can typically clear 10-12 lvl 75+ maps in an hour. This is mostly thanks to Vaal Haste. With your increased duration nodes and an increased duration gem on vaal haste it nearly has 100% uptime. This means you zoom through maps.

The only unique in the build runs about 1c. Very few stats on rares significantly up your DPS (really only cast speed, +1 minion on a chest, and minion damage on gloves). This means almost all of your stats can go exclusively towards defense cheaply. Check the price point difference between a 100 res ring with 50 hp and a 100 res ring with 50 hp and cirt and physical damage. Not needing damage on items lets you pick up top end gear for a few chaos.

The other nice thing about the build isn't only how cheap damage comes but the defense provided by zombies and a skelly totem can't be over stated. Every second you're summon 2 skeletons each with about 2,500 hp. That's 5,000 a second + the 100,000+ hp in zombies. By the time something does 150,000 damage you've typically killed it, a few times over. And the odds of incidental damage getting you are fairly low due to the 7,000ish hp you'll get from being hybrid.

This build also has great synergy with other people. Odds are they will benefit from at least one of your auras and double curse. You provide them EE.

It also has some other massive advantages. Reflect immune, curse immune, can deal with -max res if you are careful. There isn't a single map mod you can't do.

IGN: CrowsArmy Feel free to message me with any questions

2.0 CHANGES
Spoiler

Pro's:
-Zombies tankier
-Freed up some gem slots
-Jewels are great for summoners
-Runs 2 curse now
-Room for specter
-Going hybrid makes 7k total health fairly easy

Con's
-Loss of about 25% overall damage
-Cant maintain haste, hatred, and clarity
-Some act4 bosses/mobs kill minions really well

I'd say over all 2.0 was a slight nerf

DAMAGE CALCULATION:

Spoiler

Assumptions:
Spoiler

After full ramp up 16 SRS, 9 Zombies, Flesh offering and Elemental Equilibrium will have a 100% up time. This is fairly accurate provided zombies aren’t dying and I’m not having to cast desecrate to keep flesh offering up. We will assume that roughly 5% of SRS duration will be spent traveling.

All damage values are gathered from. https://docs.google.com/a/grindinggear.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=0.

Assuming realistic numbers of lvl 20 srs, lvl 20 zombie, lvl 3 empower. Other gems are just what I have on ranging form 18-19.
All dps values are single target.

SRS Damage:
Spoiler

Increased damage for zombie and SRS:
15% (Sidhebreth)
119% (passives)
15% (gloves)
28% vulnerability

Total: 149% or 2.77 coefficent

More/Less damage SRS:

30% less or .7 coefficient (multistrike)
49% more or 1.49 coefficient (minion damage)
10% less or .9 coefficient (echo)

APS SRS:

91% More (Multistrike)
39% increased (flesh offering)
20% increase (passives)
20% increased (minion speed gem)
Total coefficient: 1.91*1.79= 3.41
Base APS: 1.627
Modified APS: 4.54

Damage for SRS
Base damage range: 370 – 554, Average: 462
Damage before fire: 462*2.77*4.54*(.7)*(.9)*(1.49)*.7 = 3817
Physical: 1908
Fire with EE and elemental weakness: 1908*1.88 = 3587
Hatred coefficient with aura boost. Ele weakness, and EE: .35(1.88)(1.48) = .973
Hatred Damage: .973*1908= 1856
Total damage per SRS: =1908+ 3587 + 1856= 7351
Total damage for all 15 with a 5% travel time SRS: 104,751

Zombie damage:
Spoiler
15% (Sidhebreth)
119% (passives)
15% (gloves)
28% vulnerability

Total: 149% or 2.77 coefficent

More/Less damage Zombie:
30% less or .7 coefficient (multistrike)
49% more or 1.49 coefficient (minion damage)

APS Zombie:
91% More (Multistrike)
20% increase (passives)
Total coefficient: 1.91*1.59= 3.036
Base APS: .625
Modified APS: 1.89

Total damage Zombie:
Base damage range: 568- 1326 ; Average: 947
Physical Damage = (947)(2.77)(1.89)(1.49)(0.7) = 5171
Hatred coefficient with aura boost. Ele weakness, and EE: .35(1.88)(1.48) = .973
Hatred Damage (5171)( .937) = 4845
Total damage per zombie: 10016
Total damage for all zombies: 90,144

104,751 from SRS + 90,144 from zombies puts us pretty close to 200k. Add in things like vaal haste, skeletons, specters and you're sitting pretty close to 250k.

THE BUILD:
Spoiler

Bandits: Oak - Kill All - Kill All

Leveling
Spoiler

End Game
[Spoiler]
At this point your are mostly picking up HP and ES. Any further points go into the health or ES wheels. All of your gear should have a MINIMUM of 100 es. You should be running all 3 auras by now, possibly you may need Jewels to make this happen.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZfRhr2-yKTLMEB4PbVcY6WKyY99fMvEQETbmFYKrEm6FI549GpwjZCyqY-oDr7jLRRUeIQKaskDOa4EWdU1Ic3I8auJMo-pitgscdvjOHA-7T-2qsWpGoffnoQYe3Pv4K2L01krXybqpKyD8nX5hZbc8yIvRsC8k9v5fyHgj0wFRqQ8BmBLOiALzqGGo5UlgHeC985S2LH8cdFPrSFy9k51XWgKRXyQ18EVA1uacrhEhca8NtE2wGSRCXS64bJdlbkyfviPk3189JsQ==

[/spoiler]

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Gem Slots:
Spoiler

1) Zombie - Multi Strike - Minion Damage- Minion Resist
2) Clarity
3) Hatred - Generosity
4) SRS - Echo - Minion Damage - Multi Strike - Minion Speed OR Melee Physical OR Empower (lvl 3+)
5) Elemental Weakness - Curse on hit - Vulnerability- Ball of lightning
6) Summon skelly - spell totem
7) Desecrate
8) Vaal Haste - Increased duration
9) Chaos Golem
10) Summon Spectre
11) Discipline

On #4, the SRS slot i wouldn't swap out melee splash on a 5l with anything short of a lvl 3 empower.

Gear Tips:
Spoiler
Nothing is really mandatory on this build. Except a +2 helm (or Geofri's Crest) and sidhebreath. But here is some general advice on gearing.

-You want either a good +2 summon helm or Geofri. Geofri ‘s pretty hard to beat so you probably just want to pick up one of those. If you go with Geofri make sure you have an empower in it, even if it is only lvl 1.
-You’d be a fool not to get a sidhebreath. It's full of stats that are excellent on the build. And they run 1-2c depending on how good they are.
-Unset rings are great in this build and typically cheap. Through spectre or vaal haste in them. TBH vaal haste is better but spectre is more fun.
-I don’t think boots of Ullr are worth it. You want high hp/es boots, between geofri and sidhebreath not giving much hp. Avoid Ullr other than for leveling.
-Mon'tregul's Grasp is bad. It has "increased damage" not more damage. This means your giving up a massive amount of zombie damage, and not allowing yourself to use a staff.
-If you can get a +3 staff, you don't need highly linked armor since zombies will be in your hat.
-A 5l +2/1 staff is the point where it makes sense to convert over to staves. Make sure this won't drop your health (life+es) below 6,000.
-Once you get a +2/1 all staff you want to pick up a lvl 3 empower next.
-In terms of rares defense stats are by far the most important thing to look for. Everything should have ES and life. You should have capped resistances. The only stat that helps your dps in any significant way is cast speed. Even this is fairly marginal (mostly due to mana constraints). Defense Defense Defense.
- IIR: Not having to buy DPS stats on rares makes your gear typically very cheap (that's why we can do this build on 1ex). This makes IIR on gear very affordable.

Im rich and I wanna spend more than 1ex what do I buy?
Spoiler

-#1 expensive buy is a 6l +2 fire +1 all staff.
-21/20 or 21/0 SRS and Zombie. SRS first.
-6s Lightning coil is a potential buy. This in of itself isn't that expensive. But you need to be able to maintain max light defense and that is costly.
-Amazing UNSET rings. There is lots of gems
-IIR/IIQ/Cast speed on rares. Pick up as much on rares as possible while maintaining +HP on everything and max resist.

Play tips:
Spoiler

-For trash cast priority: Vaal haste > Ball of lightning > SRS
-For non-trash cast priority: Summon Skelly Totem > Max Zombies > Vaal Haste > Ball of lightning > Flesh offering > SRS
-Your alternate weapon slot should be filled with SRS gems. When they hit 20 vaal them all. Sell all the bricks and use any that hit +1 if you are so lucky.
-Totem walking: On higher level maps often you can get murdered by being ambushed by leaping goat men or devourers. On any map 74 or higher I typically totem walk. This means casting a totem as far is can in front of me, running half the distance to the totem, then recasting it at max range. You repeat this process as you walk. This way your totem is always infront and it draws the agro of any potential ambush. You probably wanna cast a totem before you run in a room also.

-Fast clears revolve around keeping vaal haste up. Quadrupedal dips in this build: your movement speed, you casting of srs, srs movement speed, then srs attack speed

Q/A
Spoiler

Q. Why EE?
A. A huge portion of both zombies and SRS damage is actually elemental. Generosity passively buffed hatred is super strong. SRS is half converted to fire. Since minions don't proc EE 1 spell gives you this benefit and it stays on.

Q. What should I do with extra gem slots?
A. Lots of vaal gems are good with this build, vaal skellies is probably best

Q. How do you get base minion values?
A. https://docs.google.com/a/grindinggear.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=4

Q. How do you change for party play?
I swap vulnerability and elemental weakness depending on my party occasionally to elemental specific curses (fire or cold). Any of these curses give almost identical DPS to you. Playing with melee is pretty awesome. Odds are your auras/curses will boost their dps. Your minions soak a lot of damage for them.

Q. In group play what do i do about EE?
A. You can always swap out ball of lighting for fireball if they are lightning. If you have fire and lightning in your party go with artic breath.

[/spoiler]
Last edited by Crowcide on Sep 6, 2015, 4:43:18 PM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2016, 1:16:43 PM
OLD 1.3 INFO
Spoiler

Intro: The best part of this build is that the entry point is so low. You can easily hit 200k damage on found gear and have no problem clearing any map in the game. It's fully Aztiri capable. The build also provides a lot of room for IIQ/IIR making it an ideal first build in every league. It's has a fairly low skill cap, meaning brand new players can use this build to clear 78 maps easily. Yet at the same time there is substantial room for growth in skill, skill will go a long way to upping your clear speed. Gear also has a lot of upwards mobility. You could easily do 200k on this build in all white gear provided it had the right sockets and links. But my currently 12ex-ish geared character does 1 million peak dps to bosses.

Maps are a cinch, the only maps that should give you any problem are ones with lots of AoE (which can be played around) and one with 0 regen. I can typically clear 10-12 lvl 75+ maps in an hour. This is mostly thanks to Vaal Haste. With your increased duration nodes and an increased duration gem on vaal haste it nearly has 100% uptime. This means you zoom through maps. Since every minion is linked with a melee splash gem you have substantial aoe.

The only uniques in the build run about 6c total. Very few stats on rares significantly up your DPS (really only cast speed and +1 minion on a chest). This means almost all of your stats can go exclusively towards defense cheaply. Check the price point difference between a 100 res ring with 50 hp and a 100 res ring with 50 hp and cirt and physical damage. Not needing damage on items lets you pick up top end gear for a few chaos.

The other nice thing about the build isn't only how cheap damage comes but the defense provided by zombies and a skelly totem can't be over stated. Every second you're summon 2 skeletons each with about 1,500 hp. That's 3,000 a second + the 100,000 hp in zombies. By the time something does 150,000 damage you've typically killed it, a few times over.

This build also has great synergy with other people. Odds are they will benefit from at least one of your auras. You provide them EE. You can swap out elemental weakness with vulnerability for almost 0 damage loss.

It also has some massive massive advantages. Reflect immune, curse immune, can deal with -max res if you are careful. There isn't a single map mod you can't do.

So first things first, since I suspect most people find the damage numbers unbelievable so let's get the damage calculation out of the way:

IGN: ArmyOfCrow Feel free to message me with any questions

DAMAGE CALCULATION:
Assumptions:
Spoiler

After full ramp up 19 SRS, 9 Zombies, Flesh offering and Elemental Equilibrium will have a 100% up time. This is fairly accurate provided zombies aren’t dying and I’m not having to cast desecrate to keep flesh offering up. Vulnerability/Elemental weakness isn’t included because many players choose defensive curses. If you want to include elemental weakness multiple your final dps by about 17%

No travel time. This is a calculation for max dps, which means standing in melee range so SRS don’t travel. If you want to calculate a more realist number measure how many seconds (let’s call this value x) it takes your SRS to travel to the target. Multiple the SRS dps by (3.5-x)/3.5

All damage values are gathered from. https://docs.google.com/a/grindinggear.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=0.

Assuming realistic numbers of lvl 20 srs, lvl 20 zombie, lvl 3 empower. Other gems are just what I have on ranging form 18-19.
All dps values are single target.

SRS Damage:
Spoiler

51% (Multi strike)
51% (Splashed)
15% (Sidhebreth)
105% (passives)
Total: 217% or 3.17 coefficent

More/Less damage SRS:

16% less or .84 coefficient (melee splash).
33% less or .67 coefficient (multistrike)
47% more or 1.47 coefficient (Melee Physical)
10% less or .9 coefficient (echo)

APS SRS:

105% More (Multistrike)
20% increase (passives)
21% increase (haste with passives)
Total coefficient: 2.05*1.80= 3.69
Base APS: 1.627
Modified APS: 6

Damage for SRS
Base damage range: 370 – 554, Average: 462
Damage before fire: 462*3.17*6*(.84)*(.67)*(1.47)*(.9) = 6542
Physical: 3271
Fire with EE: 3271*1.5 = 4926.5
Hatred coefficient with aura boost and EE: .35(1.78)(1.5) = .937
Hatred Damage: .937*6542 = 6129
Total damage per SRS: =3271+ 4926.5 + 6129 = 14326
Total damage for all 19 SRS: 272,194
More realistic number of 10 SRS because we don’t play perfect: 143260

Zombie damage:
Spoiler
51% (Multi strike)
51% (Splashed)
15% (Sidhebreth)
105% (passives)
Total: 217% or 3.17 coefficient

More/Less damage Zombie:
16% less or .84 coefficient (melee splash).
33% less or .67 coefficient (multistrike)

APS Zombie:
105% More (Multistrike)
20% increase (passives)
21% increase (haste with passives)
Total coefficient: 2.05*1.80= 3.69
Base APS: .625
Modified APS: 2.3

Total damage Zombie:
Base damage range: 568- 1326 ; Average: 947
Physical Damage = (947)(2.3)(3.17)(0.84)(0.67) = 3885
Hatred coefficient with aura boost and EE= .35(1.78)(1.5) = .937
Hatred Damage (3885)( .937) = 3640
Total damage per zombie: 7525
Total damage for all zombies: 67,725

67k from zombies + 143k from srs is 210k min. This doesn't even include the damage from skeletons or curses. Again this isn't even an optimal number you will peak at a much higher dps. Most of the time i'm doing somewhere between 200-250k. Not at all bad on 1 ex.

GEAR and the BUILD:

My Original Gear [Aztiri capable was doing 76/77 maps on this]:
Spoiler

My current Gear and build (With Vaal Haste up damage is over 1M):
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAA-4EswZJCPQNjRCXES0TbBZvFy8c3B0UHb4fxyL0JKoksCepKPoqmCycLYsvbzLRM4c1kjbpOlg8LUGHQqNEBEVHRZ1I5025U1JVxlXWVytZbVqRXypfmGTnakNqrGvbbAttGW6qcLt0VXyDfRh-WX_GgKSCHoLHhWCIQIhCj0aQM5itmuCboaIApqynCKh9qsSsmLXytz64k7zqvYK_l8BUwGbBxcauyT3MvM36zzLT-9i92QvZE9sL34rjaukC6-7sGOyK8h731_no-oD60v4K_rM=

Gem Slots:
Spoiler

1) Zombie - Multi Strike- Splash - Empower - Melee Splash
2) Clarity - Haste - Reduced Mana
3) Hatred - Generosity - Reduced Mana
4) SRS - Echo - Melee Physical - Multi Strike - Melee Splash OR Empower (lvl 3+)
5) Elemental Weakness - Curse on hit - GMP - Ball of lightning
6) Summon skelly - spell totem
7) Desecrate
8) Vaal Haste - Increased duration

On #4, the SRS slot i wouldn't swap out melee splash on a 5l with anything short of a lvl 3 empower. If you get a 6l put them all in.

Gear Tips:
Spoiler
Nothing is really mandatory on this build. Except the helm. But here is some general advice on gearing.

-You want either a good +2 summon helm or Geofri. Geofri ‘s pretty hard to beat so you probably just want to pick up one of those. If you go with Geofri make sure you have an empower in it, even if it is only lvl 1.
-You’d be a fool not to get a sidhebreath. It's full of stats that are excellent on the build. And they run 1-2c depending on how good they are.
-Unset rings are great in this build and typically cheap. Through spectre or vaal haste in them. TBH vaal haste is better but spectre is more fun.
-I don’t think boots of Ullr are worth it. You want high hp boots, between geofri and sidhebreath not giving much hp. Avoid Ullr other than for leveling.
-Mon'tregul's Grasp is bad. It has "increased damage" not more damage. This means your giving up a massive amount of zombie damage, and not allowing yourself to use a staff.
-If you can get a +3 staff, pick up 3 link/3 link armor also. Move you aura’s into the armor, your SRS into the staff.
-A 5l +2 fire staff is worth it only if you can pick it up for under 20c. This is the point where it makes sense to convert over to staves. I'd pay up to 30c for a +1 all +1 fire staff.
-Once you get a +1 all staff you want to pick up a lvl 3 empower next. Swap this in for splash on SRS.
-In terms of rares defense stats are by far the most important thing to look for. The only stat that helps your dps in any significant way is cast speed. Even this is fairly marginal. Defense Defense Defense.
- IIR: Not having to buy DPS stats on rares makes your gear typically very cheap (that's why we can do this build on 1ex). This makes IIR on gear very affordable.

Im rich and I wanna spend more than 1ex what do I buy?
Spoiler

-#1 expensive buy is a 6l +2 fire +1 all staff. Once you get this swap Put SRS in it and move auras into a 3l/3l chest.
-21/20 or 21/0 SRS and Zombie. SRS first.
-3l/3l lightning coil would be your next buy. This in of itself isn't that expensive. But you need to be able to maintain max light defense and that is costly.
-Amazing UNSET rings. Put Vaal haste in them.
-IIR/IIQ/Cast speed on rares. Pick up as much on rares as possible while maintaining +HP on everything and max resist.
-If you really wanna get crazy you can pick up an alpha helm or Doedre's Damning and try to fit them in.

Bandits: Oak - Kill All - Kill All

Leveling Guide:

Spoiler

First 12 points:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmya9vsim0ZfRgfxyt4

Use SRS to level, zombies will die too fast to be useful at this point. Get a
to level if at all possible. Elron jewelry (-mana cost) is also useful.

25 points:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmya9vsim0ZfRgfxyt4uJPN-nyDES36gCqY2QunCJAzpqyIQEVHMtE=
This is where you can use Zombies and have them live. You want to link them with Melee Splash ASAP. Spectre are also a descent choice to help you level. If you can can pick up boots of ullr they are useful to level.

39 Points:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmya9vsim0ZfRgfxyt4uJPN-nyDES36gCqY2QunCJAzpqyIQEVHMtFqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPrr7gZJE2z56JitU1JFnZrg

Priority is running hatred/clarity. You should be able to run both with a reduced mana gem at this point. EE is a massive damage boon once you can run hatred. Just cast 1 lightning ball to proc it. EE will surpass any curse in terms of damage.

54 Points:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmya9vsim0ZfRgfxyt4uJPN-nyDES36gCqY2QunCJAzpqyIQEVHMtFqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPrr7gZJE2z56JitU1JFnZrgSOePRk25EJdEBMy899eboarEhWBVxjpYrJhfKnRV

At this point you should have your maxed zombies out at all times. Should have a summon totem with skellies to make bosses trivial. Running hatred and clarity is a must by now. Also both SRS and Zombies should at least have Melee Splash linked if not multistrike.

78 Points:
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmya9vsim0ZfRgfxyt4uJPN-nyDES36gCqY2QunCJAzpqyIQEVHMtFqrFqRqH3T-4LHKPrr7gZJE2z56JitU1JFnZrgSOePRk25EJdEBMy899eboarEhWBVxjpYrJhfKnRVgKRV1mTnFy_60h0U42oWb_Iev5fJPRzcDY1sCyL0L2_ZE3C77BjBxX_G2wuCHohC

Here we finish out summoning masteries and pick up aura reduction + Eldrich Battery. You should be able to run Haste now. If you have the right gear consider putting geneoristy on your hatred.

Final Form Of the Build:
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMEswZJB6UI9A2NEJcRLRNsFm8XLxzcHRQfxyL0JKoksCepKPoqmCycLYsvbzLRNZI26TpYQYdCo0QERUdFnUjnSbJNuVNSVcZV1lltWpFfKl-YZOdqQ2qsa9tsC20Zbqpwu3RVfIN9GH5Zf8aApIIQgh6Cx4VgiECIQo9GkDOYrZrgm6GiAKaspwiofarErJi18rc-uJO86r-XwFTAZsHFyT3MvM36zzLT-9i92QvZE9rd2wvfsONq6-7sGOyK8h731_no-oD60v4KA-4zhx2-PC3Grg==

End the build by picking up HP and Increased Effect Duration for SRS. Any extra levels should be spent on the health wheel (my personal preference) or cast speed nodes.

Alternate Versions:
-More curses: An alternative would be to give up some regen or hp nodes and pick up whispers of doom. If so you would swap the GMP on ball of lightning.
-Artic Armor: If you get a good unset ring you ran run either specters or artic armor. If you take artic armor instead of going left at the start go right.

PLAY STYLE:

Play tips:
Spoiler

-For trash cast priority: Ball of lightning > SRS
-For non-trash cast priority: Summon Skelly totem > Max Zombies > Ball of lightning > Flesh offering > SRS
-Totem walking: On higher level maps often you can get murdered by being ambushed by leaping goat men or devourers. On any map 74 or higher I typically totem walk. This means casting a totem as far is can in front of me, running half the distance to the totem, then recasting it at max range. You repeat this process as you walk. This way your totem is always infront and it draws the agro of any potietnal ambush. You probably wanna cast a totem before you run in a room also.

Q/A
Spoiler

Q. Why EE?
A. A huge portion of both zombies and SRS damage is actually elemental. Generosity passively buffed hatred is super strong. SRS is half converted to fire. Since minions don't proc EE 1 spell gives you this benefit and it stays on.

Q. Why get death attunement if you don’t use spectres?
A. The 6% attack speed is worth it alone, especially since you are right there already.

Q. What should I do with extra gem slots?
A. Vaal Haste, the answer is always Vaal Haste.

Q. How do you get base minion values?
A. https://docs.google.com/a/grindinggear.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=4

Q. How do you change for party play?
I swap vulnerability and elemental weakness depending on my party. Both of these curses give almost identical DPS to you. Playing with melee is pretty awesome. Odds are your auras will boost their dps. Your minions soak a lot of damage for them

Q. In group play what do i do about EE?
A. You can always swap out ball of lighting for fireball if they are lightning. If you have fire and lightning in your party go with artic breath.

Last edited by Crowcide on Jul 24, 2015, 8:48:23 PM
ttt
I've been meaning to try a minion build after raising some currency in bloodlines with dual SB totems. Looks like fun
I don't think anyone doubts the dps of srs. If they do, ghazzy's srs dps guide on youtube will have you laughing and crying. Millions.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
I don't think anyone doubts the dps of srs. If they do, ghazzy's srs dps guide on youtube will have you laughing and crying. Millions.
The zombies aren't negligible either. once gems are maxed, and if you include curses, they are doing nearly 80k themselves.

the 100k of meat shield between you and mobs is pretty nice too
Last edited by Crowcide on Jan 24, 2015, 11:29:30 AM
"
mintyman wrote:
I've been meaning to try a minion build after raising some currency in bloodlines with dual SB totems. Looks like fun
this one is pretty cheap, cost 1ex tops
bump
What about bandits?

You're missing a lot of things for this to be a well considered guide.
Yeah, this build seems great, but the guide has a lot to be desired. Regardless, I am level 23 using this build so far, just curious as to which bandits I should optimally go for. Guess I will wing it for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info