[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

"
Cyzax wrote:
Would this be worth 6S'ing, and then try to 5/6L?

(not quite ready to use it yet)

Current gear at L53:
Spoiler

...and working like a charm :-)
IMHO that staff is worth a 6s then 5/6l go for it
I have a question about the use of Hatred...

On the description it say: "You and your allies gain XX% of your physical damage as extra cold damage"...
The key word here seem to be 'your', as this will not usually be much as we're not investing into physical damage. I suppose with a good damage staff it may be different...

I'm currently using a Lifesprig, so definitely not much physical damage there :-p

Am I wrong on this?
No, the phrasing isn't really clear but your minions gain 30% of their physical damage added as cold damage, so it's really an excellent aura for a Summoner in any case.
"
Vadler wrote:
No, the phrasing isn't really clear but your minions gain 30% of their physical damage added as cold damage, so it's really an excellent aura for a Summoner in any case.

hello, i just wanted to thank you for this build, because i was a summoner back then when the game came out , i had a ton of minions about 30+ xD , then i had to quit it, now im back and there are so many changes that i had to find a new build and re-make my lv 77 witch which i did with your build.

now im having troubles to tank mobs on the lv 70 maps like i die super fast, only thing i can think off is my resitances not being high enough, well this is my stuff

Spoiler

just so you tell me if im right or not , i should change my chest and whatelse ? btw i also got this

but cant really get the links to be what i need(the Tri-Color and the 2red+1green)

thank you in advance for your help :).
Hey how am i suppose to get a 3/3 body?
Get an armor/Energy Shield chest and you will get it look
I tried doing this build, spent about 4 hours today just trying to get items for it. I just came back to the game and basically dirt poor and hoped that with the exalt I had I'd be able to farm more. I do no damage at all and I'm lost. Here is my build:

I know I'm missing some slots, but that's because I don't have enough money to fuse my gloves. Can anybody tell me why my damage is so low? I don't know how to play this build at all.
"
xphailedx wrote:
Can anybody tell me why my damage is so low? I don't know how to play this build at all.

Some things...

The only thing you really need on the wand is cast speed (on rings too if you can). Spell damage, crit chance etc. doesn't matter as it it your minions (including the spirits) that'll do the damage, and they don't benefit from those (those bonus only affect you). Other than that, mana regen and stats/resists are what the wand is good for. You can use a Mace as well (I do).

Your Raise Zombie gem is too low level to do much at higher level game content... You SRS should be higher level too. This build is very dependent on the gems being high enough level.

You have two Melee Splash in the helmet. You can only use one. You need to replace one of them with Multistrike.

The Empower in the helmet gives you nothing as you're not using Geofri's helmet. At L1, Empower doesn't give any benefits. Using Geofri's mean you get +1 to Empower level (making it +1 to all linked gem levels), thus giving a combined +2 to all other gems in the helmet.

Given that you have next to no ES armour, Eldritch Battery gives you no benefit. This will limit the aura's you can keep up.

How to play?

Well, I rush headlong forward until running into something that make me go 'whelp!', then call forth my minions... This is possibly not the best strategy :-p

You can use the Lightning Ball to 'guide' your zombies. If you shoot in a direction, they'll go there, and will attack enemies you shoot at. I make sure I have my maximum zombies at all time, direct them towards the enemy, put up a skeleton totem, and start spamming spirits.

For reference, here is my current gear. I'm doing lower levels maps with relative ease using this.
Spoiler
Every single item is self-found...

Main piece of advice: Start at a place in the game (most likely in Cruel difficulty, maybe very early Merciless), where your Zombies and Spirits clear things with ease, then start levelling up your gems from that point, playing up towards Merciless and Maps. Once you get there, your gems should be at a high enough level to handle things.

If you look here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Raise_Zombie
...you can see why you don't do much damage. Your Raise Zombie is L8, giving 46-108 base damage (which will then be modified by your skill tree). Compare that to my L17 gem, with +1 from Geofri's and Empower (making it effectively L19), which will be doing 422-985 damage, and with far more survivability for the Zombies (which are your meat shield).

Oh, and don't level Clarity too high... The reserved mana increases per level, and you may run out... I'm keeping mine at L13 at the moment.
Last edited by Cyzax on May 2, 2015, 7:09:00 PM
Hey Cyzax thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I was ready to quit once again but I'll try and grind to level up my skill gems. I'll also try to purchase a Geofri's helmet. Man I didn't even notice the double Melee Splash, thanks!

Edit: Something really crucial. I can only summon maximum of 9 RS, why is this? (Says in the tooltip top left.) Also.. It says that zombies should have 100k? It says mine only has 600..
Last edited by xphailedx on May 2, 2015, 8:14:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info