[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

"
Kermodei wrote:
Do you think a 6 socket belly of the beast would be just as good of an alternative as lightning coil?
Yes, a 3l-3l LC is probably BIS if you can manage the resist for it
Last edited by Crowcide on Apr 2, 2015, 11:51:11 AM
I must say I am loving your build so far :D, I would enjoy a video of how you map with it as I am kinda overwhelmed with all the skills and stuff to use. Just so many skill to juggle around unlike my old ark build lol :P Only in Merc now but I do destroy everything with just zombies not counting the SRS which I don't even really get to cast much lol.
"
Godsdragon wrote:
.. I am kinda overwhelmed with all the skills and stuff to use. Just so many skill to juggle around..

It basically boils down to:

Auras and zombies up.
When running into uncleared area, always have skele totem in front of you.
As soon as you see enemies, CoH ball lightning once, reposition if you have to, start spamming SRS. Only stop spamming SRS when you need to activate vaal haste, cast a ball lightning at a new pack, place new skele totem, reposition, or renew flesh offering (if you use it).
Also remember that you rarely need line of sight to enemies with this build.

Once you get the rhythm of the build, the most important thing becomes keeping up with all the loot, as your pets tend to sort of drag you through the map ;)

"
Crowcide wrote:
Gotta cap resist and have a health pool to do maps in the 70's.

Yeah, like I said, I feel like I would be blowing through 71-72 maps at 77 with decent gear rather than the outdated crap I have. As is, they are doable with care only.
Last edited by Chromodar on Apr 3, 2015, 5:25:46 AM
Still love the build :D but am finding it a bit squishy atm. Am debating respecting to mana + mana regen lane at the start so I can try Arctic Armour and also help with my current low mana. Am only lvl 61 atm but do notice that I don't have much hp to work with atm at least till I can lvl and get more hp nodes. Can anyone let me know the pro's/con's of going the mana route vs the cast speed one at the start and if Arctic Armour is worth trying to use. thx
"
Godsdragon wrote:
Still love the build :D but am finding it a bit squishy atm. Am debating respecting to mana + mana regen lane at the start so I can try Arctic Armour and also help with my current low mana. Am only lvl 61 atm but do notice that I don't have much hp to work with atm at least till I can lvl and get more hp nodes. Can anyone let me know the pro's/con's of going the mana route vs the cast speed one at the start and if Arctic Armour is worth trying to use. thx
Mana route is always bet if you have the gem slot for AA
Hi, your build is really nice, this is my second character. Previously I played flicker strike shadow base on ES, it was fun but I was dying many times in merciless, just 1 little lag and I was dead.
I had to farm The Docks to reach 53lvl to even start merciless. Now when I'm playing your build it's a lot easier and also fun.
I have question, why did you took spell power and cast speed from tree?
In my opinion is better to take mana + ES, is any specific reason to take it instead of ES + mana?

these are my items:
Spoiler

I have 51lvl for now, actually I don't need any changes, becouse I find leveling very easy.
What items should I possible change in the future?
"
En1CeKa wrote:
Hi, your build is really nice, this is my second character. Previously I played flicker strike shadow base on ES, it was fun but I was dying many times in merciless, just 1 little lag and I was dead.
I had to farm The Docks to reach 53lvl to even start merciless. Now when I'm playing your build it's a lot easier and also fun.
I have question, why did you took spell power and cast speed from tree?
In my opinion is better to take mana + ES, is any specific reason to take it instead of ES + mana?

these are my items:
Spoiler

I have 51lvl for now, actually I don't need any changes, becouse I find leveling very easy.
What items should I possible change in the future?
Mana is just as much of a dead stat as spell power if you don't have AA. Cast speed is always great for SRS.

Once you get AA you swap to the mana route.
Last edited by Crowcide on Apr 5, 2015, 7:43:14 PM
I like the build but seeing as something like 80% of your mana is reserved, it doesn't really seem worth it to me to go into EB. Wouldn't it be better to just focus on armor and HP on gear instead of energy shield, and avoid that branch towards the top right of the tree? You could save 13 points and put them towards more HP for survivability or damage stats.

Keep up the good work.
"
nhouser9 wrote:
I like the build but seeing as something like 80% of your mana is reserved, it doesn't really seem worth it to me to go into EB. Wouldn't it be better to just focus on armor and HP on gear instead of energy shield, and avoid that branch towards the top right of the tree? You could save 13 points and put them towards more HP for survivability or damage stats.

Keep up the good work.

Mana regen is partially based off of base mana. This means the more mana you have the more you regen. The more you regen the higher you can run AA.

This is the point of EB. That extra regen turns into higher levels of AA and more SRS with vaal haste. The top right also gives you better aura and a few other things.

But the build is pretty flexible though, so it wouldn't be a huge build to ignore that top right side.

Would Cloak of Defiance be any good with this build? I'm currently on lvl 53 in the 1 month HC league and I just found a cloak, trying to decide whether to sell it to fund build or just use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info