[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

Hey, read ur guide and im thinking to give this build a try when this new torment league comes out:P never played a summoner b4 tho.
I have no clue what content you're supposed to be able to do safely, as I've never been this high level before.. But I'm 77 now, have barely adequate gear, just over 2.5k life, and I've started dying on level 71-72 Zana daily mission maps when I don't play carefully. This is the first challenges the game has presented me with so far playing my slight modification of this build, and I'm sure gear upgrades for the last 2x10% resists and more life and maybe a 5 link for SRS would make everything a breeze again.

I'm mostly doing 67 maps right now as my 68 pool is not that big yet. But as I said, I can do 72 Zana dailies with a little care. I'm not sure what that says about the power of the build, as I have little experience with this part of the game, but that's my personal experience.

Oh, I did play a 68 map with the mod that spawns nasty dudes when you kill enemies close together. That was a bit of a challenge too. Those big dudes destroyed my zombies and the red shots they fire could almost twoshot me.
i dont seem to have enough mana even with clarity
do you think the vertex would be a good choice with its large amount of ES for mana?
"
Kermodei wrote:
i dont seem to have enough mana even with clarity
do you think the vertex would be a good choice with its large amount of ES for mana?
I'm sitting at 220 regen with a lvl 19 clarity and no ES on my armor. You shouldn't have any regen problems if you prioritize regen on gear.
"
Chromodar wrote:
I have no clue what content you're supposed to be able to do safely, as I've never been this high level before.. But I'm 77 now, have barely adequate gear, just over 2.5k life, and I've started dying on level 71-72 Zana daily mission maps when I don't play carefully. This is the first challenges the game has presented me with so far playing my slight modification of this build, and I'm sure gear upgrades for the last 2x10% resists and more life and maybe a 5 link for SRS would make everything a breeze again.

I'm mostly doing 67 maps right now as my 68 pool is not that big yet. But as I said, I can do 72 Zana dailies with a little care. I'm not sure what that says about the power of the build, as I have little experience with this part of the game, but that's my personal experience.

Oh, I did play a 68 map with the mod that spawns nasty dudes when you kill enemies close together. That was a bit of a challenge too. Those big dudes destroyed my zombies and the red shots they fire could almost twoshot me.
Gotta cap resist and have a health pool to do maps in the 70's. Glad you like it though.
I decided to give this build a try for the torment/bloodlines 1m race. It's definitely fun to play but I've been extremely unlucky finding/crafting gear and am basically stuck in the low 60's. It seems like the survivability of this build fully relies on having all/most of the gem links and killing things before they see you ("best D is a good O" philosophy). Any mob with a movement ability (leap slam/tele/charge/flicker/etc) ignores my minions and instantly destroys me in 2-3 hits. That's with capped resists and a decent amount of life + ES (havent taken EB yet). All it takes is 1 second of desync and a group of chargers will charge straight through all my minions and insta-gib me.

It's also not great for handling a lot of the bloodlines mods or any rogue exile with aoe; one aoe spell will obliterate all my minions, causing me to have to constantly run away and reset the instance to avoid dying. It's also impossible to kill tormented spirits with minions unless they posses another mob as the minions stop attacking them as soon as they run away. I guess I just picked the wrong league for this build. D:

I see the potential but without the entire set of skills running, it's extremely vulnerable and really difficult to progress unless you are blessed with good RNG or play it in a league with a well-established economy where you can buy what you need. Hopefully RNGsus will come around and allow me to see it fully functional. Regardless, great job on the guide and looks like a very fun build with all skill gems functional.

Props!

Last edited by ownjizu on Mar 29, 2015, 7:04:56 PM
"
ownjizu wrote:
I decided to give this build a try for the torment/bloodlines 1m race. It's definitely fun to play but I've been extremely unlucky finding/crafting gear and am basically stuck in the low 60's. It seems like the survivability of this build fully relies on having all/most of the gem links and killing things before they see you ("best D is a good O" philosophy). Any mob with a movement ability (leap slam/tele/charge/flicker/etc) ignores my minions and instantly destroys me in 2-3 hits. That's with capped resists and a decent amount of life + ES (havent taken EB yet). All it takes is 1 second of desync and a group of chargers will charge straight through all my minions and insta-gib me.

It's also not great for handling a lot of the bloodlines mods or any rogue exile with aoe; one aoe spell will obliterate all my minions, causing me to have to constantly run away and reset the instance to avoid dying. It's also impossible to kill tormented spirits with minions unless they posses another mob as the minions stop attacking them as soon as they run away. I guess I just picked the wrong league for this build. D:

I see the potential but without the entire set of skills running, it's extremely vulnerable and really difficult to progress unless you are blessed with good RNG or play it in a league with a well-established economy where you can buy what you need. Hopefully RNGsus will come around and allow me to see it fully functional. Regardless, great job on the guide and looks like a very fun build with all skill gems functional.

Props!

The Blood lines packs definitely hurt his build. Once your gems gain some levels nothing will really kill your zombies though...
I really like this build! Everytime someone creates a cheap build that is able to do everything a message like "YOU WIN!" should appear on his screen. :)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
I really like this build! Everytime someone creates a cheap build that is able to do everything a message like "YOU WIN!" should appear on his screen. :)

Agreed. I always expect something to get nerfed when I start a build like this though. (-__-)
Do you think a 6 socket belly of the beast would be just as good of an alternative as lightning coil?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info