[1.3 BOTW ] _*-*Avatar of Fire Shockwave Totems Build*-*_ [VIDEOS][REVISED]

"
link1313 wrote:
Spell Echo would probably show better tooltip DPS but if one cast doesn't crit with spell echo the second one won't either. Plus the burning damage would be reduced by 10%.

Spell Echo has no effect on spell casted by a totem.

You have interesting idea but a bit lack of knowledge about game mechanism.

"

We would be doing 50% fire and 50% lightning and no physical. When we activate avatar of fire the following would happen.
50% of damage would be fire
50% of the 50% lightning damage converted to fire.

We would only be doing 75% effective damage.

PtL gem add 30 % physical damage as lightning at lvl 20.
so you would do 50 % fire / 80 % lightning , which is after AoF 90 % fire and not 75 %.

You can even use Cold to Fire support Gem to convert hatred damage into fire damage, with the same mechanism.

IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Feb 23, 2015, 11:10:42 AM
"
Malone wrote:

Spell Echo has no effect on spell casted by a totem.

You have interesting idea but a bit lack of knowledge about game mechanism.

OK.

"
Malone wrote:

PtL gem add 30 % physical damage as lightning at lvl 20.
so you would do 50 % fire / 80 % lightning , which is after AoF 90 % fire and not 75 %.

You can even use Cold to Fire support Gem to convert hatred damage into fire damage, with the same mechanism.

I only look at conversion on the gem, not damage added. thats like saying Added Fire Gem makes the bonus fire base damage 140%. From pure conversion its 75% using physical to lightning gem conversion.

"
Jernsaxe wrote:
I just did a respec on my witch to try this out, it looks really cool.

Have you considered using a "Curse on hit" setup with the bow? Since you only use one 5 link you could run:

Split arrow - chain - curse on hit - flammability - elemental vulnerability

This curses 15 enemies for basically no mana.

Curse on hit is nice and does work. However since we have blast radius and amplify and the other increased area of effect passives its better to just cast it manually. I will test it out for bosses though, the 10% incerased curse effect with a 20% quality curse on hit could be huge, drop chain for faster attacks.
Last edited by link1313 on Feb 27, 2015, 1:20:45 AM
- added 78 map double dominus video
- starting to work on hardcore variant(currently level 78 bloodlines)
Help me out here lol. I have a witch at lvl 70 with 90 passives spent and with basically the same stuff as u but not the same colors on carcass so i only have 3l instead of 5l. However, if i put tabula in(no 6th link gem) i get like 1.2k dps. Imagining that the tabula was a carcass jack, i would have about 1.5k dps max. I realize my gloves aren't much use but i have no idea how you have like 12k dps while i have only 1k in comparison. Switching gloves in with something different would not give me the same dps that's for sure. Pls help me figure out my dps problem lol.

Gear

Last edited by AgentofStrife on Mar 1, 2015, 7:32:13 PM
Hey just wondering what other types of gear you have making up this build. Can you please post your full gear set? Really enjoying the build so far! Thanks again for posting this build and congrats on BotE.
"
link1313 wrote:

Curse on hit is nice and does work. However since we have blast radius and amplify and the other increased area of effect passives its better to just cast it manually. I will test it out for bosses though, the 10% incerased curse effect with a 20% quality curse on hit could be huge, drop chain for faster attacks.

I did a bit of testing with this myself. The missrate can be annoying but the lowered mana cost does a lot in my opinion. This is also because I don't have quite good enough gear to sustain double curse + double totem.
Path of Hideout fanatic.
King Arthur and the Exiles of the Round table:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1OZlysRNY
The Cults of the Dragon and the Colossus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcSK9UCIzE
"
AgentofStrife wrote:
Help me out here lol. I have a witch at lvl 70 with 90 passives spent and with basically the same stuff as u but not the same colors on carcass so i only have 3l instead of 5l. However, if i put tabula in(no 6th link gem) i get like 1.2k dps. Imagining that the tabula was a carcass jack, i would have about 1.5k dps max. I realize my gloves aren't much use but i have no idea how you have like 12k dps while i have only 1k in comparison. Switching gloves in with something different would not give me the same dps that's for sure. Pls help me figure out my dps problem lol.

Gear

Nice job on the passive tree for level 70. I would recommend dropping the throatseeker wheel it is not as good as i thought it was initially.

I think the low DPS was because the shockwave totem is only level 9? Damage really starts to scale once you level it up.

On hardcore i am showing 4,700 tooltip TPS with a level 17 shockwave/added fire/faster casting and i don't have fire walker, heart of flame, and am not running hatred.

"
Jernsaxe wrote:
"
link1313 wrote:

I did a bit of testing with this myself. The missrate can be annoying but the lowered mana cost does a lot in my opinion. This is also because I don't have quite good enough gear to sustain double curse + double totem.

Good point about the mana cost. I just tested it its actually kind of fun. Could probably attempt to run a low level arctic armor with the saved mana.

"
DistDroid3r wrote:
Hey just wondering what other types of gear you have making up this build. Can you please post your full gear set? Really enjoying the build so far! Thanks again for posting this build and congrats on BotE.

Thanks!

Gear Standard

Gear Hardcore (trying to find currency to upgrade)

Last edited by link1313 on Mar 4, 2015, 10:26:21 PM
have you consider trying vertex for this build ? i made this setup myself and with little differences from yours it makes curses way better than they're initially
Can you tell me please what's your DPS with concentrated effect and what's your mana and mana regen ?
Did you ever work out a HC variant of the build? Was looking to run something similar for the 1MHC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info