[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

I love this build. Thank you Dy'Ness for putting this thing together.

Question, I've been trying to somehow find a way to incorporate Aegis Aurora. Have you thought about trying to do something like that? It's a ridiculous thought, but I feel like somehow there might be a way to pull it off. Just.. trying to get all those block nodes... or at least enough of them.

Anyways, this idea is most likely horrible, just wanted to hear your opinion on it, or if you may have tried. Thanks again for a really cool build!
"
iGanc wrote:
I love this build. Thank you Dy'Ness for putting this thing together.

Question, I've been trying to somehow find a way to incorporate Aegis Aurora. Have you thought about trying to do something like that? It's a ridiculous thought, but I feel like somehow there might be a way to pull it off. Just.. trying to get all those block nodes... or at least enough of them.

Anyways, this idea is most likely horrible, just wanted to hear your opinion on it, or if you may have tried. Thanks again for a really cool build!

Take into account that blocking will render CWDT useless
Nothing here
Fell in love once and for all in this guide!
I will give u some advice from what i tried in 2.1

1)I thought Growth and Decay Wheel is a must for the 2% life regen!

2)We now have nearly 30% damage over time that we must find a way to use it somehow since we pick so few dmg nodes!

3)I now use Consuming Dark for my Firestorm which means 75%converted to chaos + it poisons enemies so i dont have to use the poison support gem and it makes damage over time to be useful!

4)Firestorm - Spell Echo - Void Manipulation - Controlled Destruction - Mana Leech (5link)
I have a 6linked chest so final gem in my view should be one of the following (Added Chaos-Rapid Decay-Faster Casting)

5)The tree seems to be so effective with chaos damage that we dont sacrifice many points travelling
Skill Tree i use in 2.1
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXxXySj6uJMc3I8a6-6a4EWdU1KnCI9Gm6H314RIXGvDbVKvrUpn_J2uGmz3wYLH-ehodNpiGFaUoEGHtz6DzDwtg1_GrgxfHKdTpQthr2xo8nwOp1VboP4K2L01krXyeA3AGm87qW55aMEEXz8aPny4KS5VtZ7NpzCfy_ZIxFh34wHchNk0CjdmLKaQ1n_GwcXsGCy_FdeGrlZjcLvZEy9vEZYOSLcw6FomiF3yKwoRL-tjtUh2gsgM

I use only Energy from Within Jewels in every Jewel for as much ES as possible!

My regen with Shavs ring is 3400 and my max ES is 18400!
Last edited by pro17 on Jan 2, 2016, 7:50:54 PM
I'm trying to do this build as a witch, which should be fairly simple, I'm just curious about a few things:

1. I only have 89 points to start with so I'm curious which nodes on your linked build of 119 points would you leave off if you had 89 points to start with? AKA: which 30 points you would recommend getting last?

2. I'm not a huge fan of CI, I'm not sure why, just never floated my boat, so... If you were to make this build a non CI build, how much would you have to change it to make it still work? Any suggestions?

3. If you had to pick a different core spell other than Firestorm, what would it be and would it change the build?
yo, im thinking about going with a pretty similar build to yours, just that ill run 6 endurance charges and the consuming dark for the chaos dmg.

im wondering, is the ghost reaver passive really needed in this build? how is your mana, do u have any problems with it? if no problems with it, would it be possible to somehow include warlords mark on blasphemy(would take ghost reaver too)?

thx, cheers
Greetings!

Sorry, I have been busy with RL for the last week or so.

First and foremost, thank you all for the comments. And the Ghost Reaver on the tree was the test I was going to do, but havnt gotten around to yet.

As far as blocking with Aegis, I have thought about a couple different setups. I have a legacy Aegis, I just lack enough quality armor/es gear to really give it a good run. In theory, it should work out just fine, less damage returning in exchange for less damage taken. My shield provides a massive chunk of resistances, and that will be hard to replace among other gear without sacrificing a large amount of regen. And as far as that damage returning, it would drastically enable more to be dealt via Tempest Shield and the 3 trigger gems.

@Batler: Nice recording, I vaguely remember that night. Well done. I just wonder what I was running at the time lol. If memory serves, the damage was nice but the burn is what really hurt as it cut or out did my regen rate.

@kompogiannitis: Great Idea! It would cost me half the damage vs CI setups in PvP and maybe some on top of but it is wonderful. And it actually fits for what I was going to attempt in normal and am running in Talisman.

6L: Firestorm, Spell Echo, Conc Effect, Mana Leach, Added Chaos, ?? (Empower?)
4L: CWDT, Cold to Fire, Ice Spear, Glacial Cascade (Yea, running this again. It works well.)
4L: CWDT, Rapid Decay, Contagnation, Controlled Destruction (Using this in Talisman)
-----Or Essence Drain instead of Controlled Destruction.
3L: CWDT, Molten Shell, Flame Surge/Essence Drain
3L: CWDT?? / Golem + Curse

That is what has been running through my head at least.
I know that in Talisman with my Essence Drain on 1 CWDT and the Contagnation on the other, it works. None of my Talisman supports are where they need to be and neither are the cwdt, so its mostly mid level stuff, but it will clear a crowd. Goal was to cut the time it was active, so it could happen more often. Using your idea of the dagger, may change things. Thank you.

Concerning starting from a Witch:
Have fun. As you are leveling you should be able to figure out what you need to drop as I cannot tell you at this point. Here is a 41 point tree from Talisman of where I was at.

Concerning trying to do this with life:
I think you might find better advice from a RF build on how to set up a regen tank, just without the RF portion.

@mgasper0: Ghost Reaver was the most recent change, please refer to the 2.0 tree linked on the front page and adjust to get the new regen/es nodes in the Shadow area. It was something I wanted to test, but since I have been playing in Talisman and Real Life caught up to me these past couple weeks, its something I have yet to really test. I will probably drop it in favor of Nullification when I get around to it. Its the problem of brain storming, enjoying the new league to the point of ignoring normal, having life pull you away before you can test, especially when you are asked to post an updated skill tree at the start :) (I know, one hell of a run on sentence. My apologies. I will eventually fix the front page after I test.)

Mana Stability:
With Shav's ring, it does not exist. I maintain mana from the %damage taken gained as mana corruptions or the mana leach. Otherwise it runs dry. If you dont need the extra boost to regen, run The Taming instead. Mana stability is so so, and you are full if you get hit.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Jan 5, 2016, 8:43:21 AM
When this fucken scion shows up in Grandmasters, I am so infuriated almost completely and immediately.

Well fucken done. This build is incredible. props to you.
"
DyNess wrote:
6L: Firestorm, Spell Echo, Conc Effect, Mana Leach, Added Chaos, ?? (Empower?)
4L: CWDT, Cold to Fire, Ice Spear, Glacial Cascade (Yea, running this again. It works well.)
4L: CWDT, Rapid Decay, Contagnation, Controlled Destruction (Using this in Talisman)
-----Or Essence Drain instead of Controlled Destruction.
3L: CWDT, Molten Shell, Flame Surge/Essence Drain
3L: CWDT?? / Golem + Curse

~Dy'Ness

Would this work for PvM? I am still using the old CWDT setup. Is this new gem setup just for PvP or would it be an improvement over the current guide recommendations?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info