[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Greetings!

Playing so not responding to posts atm.

But sharing...
https://youtu.be/Y7DBmeVfYVw
Current Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAC2EMXw18Gmwc3Cj6KU9FnVNSV8lodGjyfA58S4KbgseTJ5SgmuCdrqcIp1WvbLQMtoa4k76Kxq7K09Wm2E3aYtrd5CLquuvu7DjtIO-I98H56A==
Current Gear:
Spoiler

Video is my first run at Normal Dominus. 2 deaths so far. Both to Talisman holders. I turned on ZO at lvl 34. My ES was almost equal to my HP at the time.

Skill wise, its a mixed bag of what has been found and available to buy (Vendor). Same for the gear. I would prefer a fire or chaos golem... but, when life hands you an Ice Golem, you dont complain, you run an Ice Golem... lol.

Leveling: Using Zombies and Spell Totem + Skeletons for cannon fodder.

I will get around to posting answers to any questions later, still driving forward on this toon and wanted to let you know. Eventually I will make a section on the front page for this toon.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Dec 12, 2015, 7:24:23 AM
Considering that this build is not crit and relies on increased duration to maximize number of firestorm hits, would the Resolute Tecnique benefit it more than simply increased spell / fire damage? My accuracy shows 49% which probably means that half of the firestorm bombs miss the target? Wouldn't that be awfull waste of firestorm and increased duration? One would think that with RT 100% accuracy firestorm would gain 50% of damage over time. Am i correct? or am i missing something and RT is not that benefitial?
Looks like i'm wrong about Resolute Technique. The wiki says spells do not benefit from it. Oh well.
Greetings!

Spells by default have a 100% chance to hit. They can be dodged and blocked.
Melee and ranged attacks chance to hit is based off of your accuracy rating. After that they can be dodged and blocked.

Resolute Technique only eliminates the chance for your attacks to "Miss".

Dodge can be picked up via Acrobatics on the far right side of the tree.

Hope this helps.

~Dy'Ness
Ok, meanwhile i'm trying the "grow and decay" node.

I have the same ES(13.1k), but my regen has passed from 1900, to 2100!! Whitout Shavronne ring...

I love "Grow and Decay" node :D
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
Greetings!

"
diablomig wrote:
@kompogiannitis
Considering there's already quite cheap amulet Shaper's seed with %2 life regen, that talisman does not improve anything for us.

For standard no. But for the Talisman league, it is far easier to get that than a shapers seed. In addition, I am hoping to see that implicit on a very nice rare talisman with something like +20% ES and some other goodies.

@VallenChaosValiant. It does feel like Firestorm got a nice lag improvement and they did say they were going to boost its damage slightly.

I guess I will have to re-allocate a tree for 2.1 I was mainly playing in the Talisman League, but I will look into it tonight before I start playing.

[edit] 2.1 Tree: Around 200 more regen with around 500 less max es.

~DyNess
Last edited by DyNess on Dec 15, 2015, 4:08:10 AM
In order to increase ES you need to activate "Nullification" node(look under Growth and Decay).

My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
@DyNess I see you added a life leech to ES node. What prompted you to try it? Is there a buff to life leech? Are you using Essence Drain gem?
"
diablomig wrote:
@DyNess I see you added a life leech to ES node. What prompted you to try it? Is there a buff to life leech? Are you using Essence Drain gem?

Check the "Responses To Questions/Posts:" section in the opening post. It explains life leech with fire storm.
The short answer is we have so many fireballs hitting the same enemy that we get respectable leech.
Greetings!

"
In order to increase ES you need to activate "Nullification" node(look under Growth and Decay).

I see that. I used those points on Ghost Reaver to give it a shot. I really have not done much other than build out a tree and a quick run into the Sarn Arena. Been focused on the Talisman League. But instead of using Ghost Reaver, that is a viable alternative.

"
diablomig wrote:

I was going to try it again as I there wasnt much that could break the regen and I wanted to try out Essence Drain on the CWDT. Figured it would be the best way. Come to find out, Essense Drain cannot be cast via CWDT... even though it says its a spell... I mean, every other spell works, and they changed the base for Enduring Cry to reflect that it is no longer a spell and will not work... But, on the good news side, I found something interesting. Essense Drain appears to Regenerate wherever your other regeneration goes. So with only ZO, it goes to the ES. Was trying to use it to keep my life topped off in the Talisman League after taking ZO and had to figure out wtf. See above for Ghost Reaver/Nullification. Take the current tree and rip out one of the 10% armor 5% es nodes and grab Nullification for the alternative.

I will have to run a map with No Regen to get a good feel for just how effective the life leech is working (0.2% from scepter). I guess I will add that to my list of things to do.

I updated the stats on the front page to reflect current.

Stats in my HO as of 2.1:
ES: 19,530; down from 20048
Armor: 4,515
Regen: 4,146.9; up from 3959.6
Chaos: 100%
Fire: 75% (162%)
Cold: 75% (192%)
Light: 76% (275%)

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Dec 16, 2015, 3:13:01 AM

Report Forum Post