[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

I'm lvl 83 now with 16909 ES.
Well, 17k ES is a ton, I agree, but I'm still dying..
I have a roughly perfect Vaal Regalia with 927 ES, gloves with 271 ES, helmet with 404 ES and Boots with 256 ES.
I dont use The Vertex, 'cause I want to get as much ES as I can get. Also, I need the Resistances.
I'm also running Elemental Overload and holy shit, u deal insane dmg if u critted recently.! :o
With Ephemeral Edge (48% ES) I have about 18500 ES and I rly dont get how DyNess can get 21k ES, it's almost impossible.
I have a bit better ES gear than DyNess, but lesser Regen (3% Shav's, 1,6% Marble Amulet).
I'm facing now for more ES and additional 1% regen, but I believe I will never reach 20k ES, how dafuq he can get 21k ES...?
I'm using now Firestorm again, it deals more dmg when stacking up, no Elemental Equilibrium.
Also, I'm running no longer Vigilant strike and shield charge, I'm using now cwdt with Lightning warp and it saves lifes in Breaches (also very risky, uncontrollable).

For more questions, I will reply as fast as I can, good luck guys. ^^
I feel so noob with my lvl 81 and my 7k ES... I have no luck finding high tier maps and good stuff.
Simple question: Why Scion? wouldn't occultist be better? due to the regen wont stop once it starts even with dmg being taken.
Dy'Ness started this build before ascendancies came out. The scion is not the best class for this by any metric at this point in the game, although who knows what will happen with future balance changes.

If you're using any kind of reliable DoT (i.e. poision), the trickster is probably best. Increasing your regen by 60% whenever you have killed an enemy recently is extremely strong, as is the 250 flat energy shield you get from shade form. I haven't tried it, but it might be the case that weave the arcane works really well to compensate for a Shavronne's revelation, too. A downside to the trickster is that you have to waste a few skill points to get to the core of the tree, but this isn't a huge deal.

The occultist is also a strong pick. As someone who plays this build with an occultist, the only complaint I have is that the energy shield recharge bonus of wicked ward doesn't seem to be as useful as I thought it might. Once you have enough regen, it will seemingly rarely trigger before your regen gets you close to full health. Vile bastion and wicked ward are probably not as good as shade form and patient reaper, but whatever other two ascendancy nodes you take as occultist are probably better than what you can get as a shadow. Taking the profane bloom/malediction nodes as well as vile bastion/wicked ward seems to be the way to go here.

I imagine you can also make this build work as a guardian, but it seems weaker than the aforementioned two ascendancies. A non-support guardian might be really strong though--I haven't theorycrafted it and can't say much here.

So my recommendation (cum grano salis, obviously) is to take trickster if you're planning on using a DoT, and occultist otherwise.
Well, The Scion is a nice allrounder and yes, I tried this build with Occ too and it's very strong. BUT you are gaining 4 additional skill points with Scion and the stun immunity with the end charges. Ofc, the Occ is freaking op with the curse and chaos explosion, also the regen note at the right is very nice. If u use Occ, pls dont use cwdt, use cast when stunned and enjoy. Cws is freaking op, 'cause u will get stunned from every poop. I put out the Fragile bloom and 2 other jewels for 3 Reckless Defence and I'm more tanky than ever before. Still got 16300 es, which seems legit with the block. Also, you get 1% additional es regen with Scion ascendant. The Occultist is op in Breaches, 'cause if u killed much monster in a short time, u get an insane amount of regen, if skilled. The chaos explosion is gg aswell. If u want dmg and regen, even without the ring, go for Inquisitor and the freaking consecrated ground, it's broken. I will test out Occultist next league, 'cause I did only level one to lvl 60, which isnt complete. ^^

Btw, the Trickster gains 60% increased RECOVERY RATE, this isnt regen my friend, so pls dont do Trickster build. :D I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not regen. ^^

More questions.? Just ask. :D

Have a good day. :b
Hoppe113
Last edited by Tseim on Feb 25, 2017, 8:21:18 PM
"

Btw, the Trickster gains 60% increased RECOVERY RATE, this isnt regen my friend, so pls dont do Trickster build. :D I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not regen. ^^

More questions.? Just ask. :D

Have a good day. :b
Hoppe113

You are right per GGG statements Recovery is all means of recovery: leach, recharge, regen... please do Trickster. Also Beast fur is increased recovery (not shown in tooltip), but it does apply.
is this build still vaible for 2.6 ?
Greetings!

It still works. I havnt been playing much and messing around with a Guardian. Legacy_DyNess is the character. You should be able to view my current gear. It is only lvl 79 but will get there eventually.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Mar 29, 2017, 10:01:28 PM
"
is this build still vaible for 2.6 ?

This build is certainly still viable. It's not awesome for certain things (Atziri, breaches) but is hands down close to the best build possible for some others (labyrinth, PvP).

I have a level 93 occultist running an approximation of this build in the permanent hardcore league that I play from time to time, and everything still works well.

"
It still works. I havnt been playing much and messing around with a Guardian. Legacy_DyNess is the character. You should be able to view my current gear. It is only lvl 79 but will get there eventually.

I couldn't help looking at your build. I tried to do a CI max blocker a couple of leagues ago with advancing fortress, but ripped due to some stupidity before it got fully online (I'm a salty HC player). I went gladiator for the spell block.

This is about what I had in mind:

It gets a ludicrous amount of ES (remember, overlapping energy from withins give you double the energy shield), 9.5% regen, and max block (with advancing fortress and aegis aurora). The main downside is the jewel needs: 5x energy from within, and 1x red nightmare, and you really need three or four of the energy from withins for the build to function, so the cost is probably prohibitive except for permanent leagues. Aegis aurora is relatively cheap these days (probably due to the surrender being so good) so at least this isn't a terrible cost anymore.

Sorry to temporarily hijack the thread, and thanks to Dy'Ness and all others for the comments.
Greetings!

"

This is about what I had in mind:

It gets a ludicrous amount of ES (remember, overlapping energy from withins give you double the energy shield), 9.5% regen, and max block (with advancing fortress and aegis aurora). The main downside is the jewel needs: 5x energy from within, and 1x red nightmare, and you really need three or four of the energy from withins for the build to function, so the cost is probably prohibitive except for permanent leagues. Aegis aurora is relatively cheap these days (probably due to the surrender being so good) so at least this isn't a terrible cost anymore.

Sorry to temporarily hijack the thread, and thanks to Dy'Ness and all others for the comments.

That looks awesome! I may have to try out a duelist next time. I figured the guardian had some nice extra benefits for what I was looking at. And you didnt hijack anything. Thanks to everyone who is keeping this thread alive. Come 3.0 I will get the front page updated.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info