[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Thanks Randy_TheStalker for keeping the thread alive with responses. DyNess is not going to be able to be playing for any meaningful time for at least the next 2 months so he will not be able to post any updates to the build probably until the next league.

He has been playing a little and testing out CWC with Scorching Ray. Don't want to put words in his mouth, but he is rather amused that CWC cast essentially as fast as a regular cast with echo.
"
felixselwyn wrote:
Thanks Randy_TheStalker for keeping the thread alive with responses. DyNess is not going to be able to be playing for any meaningful time for at least the next 2 months so he will not be able to post any updates to the build probably until the next league.

He has been playing a little and testing out CWC with Scorching Ray. Don't want to put words in his mouth, but he is rather amused that CWC cast essentially as fast as a regular cast with echo.

I have no problem to keep the thread alive in this moment, waiting for DyNess return ;)

Anyway, yesterday i made a video about this build vs Uber Izaro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOGllcl10GM&feature=youtu.be
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
I play on a craptop so I usually lag to death instead of poor mechanics/game knowledge. Can't decide on a max block build vs this one. How does it perform in breaches ? I don't mind if it takes hours to kill bosses; just safety from deaths due to fps. :p
"
korynx wrote:
I play on a craptop so I usually lag to death instead of poor mechanics/game knowledge. Can't decide on a max block build vs this one. How does it perform in breaches ? I don't mind if it takes hours to kill bosses; just safety from deaths due to fps. :p

used this build in breach league, i switch the fire storm to bladefall, 77lvl 8000+es 8 red ball, no problem with regular map bosses fight, but i'm having much trouble with breach, usually can't kill half enemies in breach and sometimes die.
"
korynx wrote:
I don't mind if it takes hours to kill bosses; just safety from deaths due to fps. :p

Months ago i had problem with lag and poor internet connection. And this build was amazing ;)
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
"

used this build in breach league, i switch the fire storm to bladefall, 77lvl 8000+es 8 red ball, no problem with regular map bosses fight, but i'm having much trouble with breach, usually can't kill half enemies in breach and sometimes die.

As someone who has played a build very similar to this extensively (I think currently I have a level 93 witch running an approximation of this build in the permanent hardcore league), I can confirm that you will struggle in breaches (or breach-like conditions). The lack of armor (and evasion, I guess) means that you won't be able to mitigate lots of little hits very well, which are exactly the breach conditions. This build excels against things like bosses that typically tend to hit extremely hard, but not too frequently, and struggles with getting overrun by too many enemies. Although CI regen tanks have become my favorite kind of PoE build in general, I'm running a life-based max blocker in BHC so that I can do breaches (somewhat) safely.

Bladefall seems like a perfectly good choice though. Since most people running this style of build don't take too many damage nodes from the tree, you're pretty flexible in terms of what spells you can run.
The Cast When Channeling, Scorching Ray, Firestorm linkup casts pretty much as fast as a regular Spell Echo Firestorm. Then you also have the benefit of cutting through the fire resists of tougher mobs. At least that is what Dy'Ness and I were experimenting with.
Hello guys.
I am a big fan of the DyNess tank and this was the most tankiest build I ever made, until I made my Xirgil's max block Witch. Yes, this build dies superfast in Esh's Breaches, dodge the lightning balls and run around. I'm lvl 81 atm and got 16500 Energy shield with 4k regen, I die superfast in pvp and Pve. Commandment of Light 10k regen is a lie, u dont get 10k regen, I ran 10 times to get that enchantment (With twice enchanted) and then this...

With 4 end charges and the ground + 2% boots enchantment, I get around 4600 regen, way too less.
Honestly, I only died 3 times, always in Breaches of Esh. Izaro and his traps are peanuts.
I use Incinerate with Cwc and glacial cascade + elemental equi and the dmg is a ton.
Reflection maps are an issue, be careful, dont use a spell and let cwdt do the thing.
DONT use Noobing Ray and Firestorm, ur mana drains superfast, I tried alot.
Also, I'm running vigilant strike for dmg red., enduring cry to get the end charges fast (stun is a b****) and shield charge to escape fast if u're in trouble.

Whatever, u are actually more tanky than a pure dps build, but a Xirgil's Witch with max block is unkillable in Breaches and cheaper.

Maybe DyNess would be broken with some spell block, but the es is also very important, so decide, block is broken af.

Just my opinion about this ''tank'' build, I hope next patches will buff DyNess' build a bit.
U can run a Inquisitor too with the ground, way more regen, but I hate the movement of the Templar, no offense. :D

That's all for now, I will lvl my DyNess more and will give a reply if I'll lvl to 90. Good luck guys.!
"
I'm lvl 81 atm and got 16500 Energy shield with 4k regen

Your ES is incredible ! I'm about to ding 80, and I only have a bit less than 7k, how did you got so much ES?
Last edited by Zekk on Feb 18, 2017, 7:42:54 AM
"
Zekk wrote:
"
I'm lvl 81 atm and got 16500 Energy shield with 4k regen

Your ES is incredible ! I'm about to ding 80, and I only have a bit less than 7k, how did you got so much ES?

The bonus from equipment is basic. Armour with 600+ ES, The Vertx with Disipline + Vitality, ecc.... and Shavronne Revelation for ES + regen.

My PGs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info