[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

why dont you use Essence Drain as main spell?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Greetings!

"
Rupenus wrote:
why dont you use Essence Drain as main spell?

I use it as a secondary. When I link it up to cover a mob, the damage drops to where it takes them forever to die. Maybe I dont have it supported right, the supports are a low level, or a mix of anything in between.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
@DyNess
Unfortunately Essense Drain is a single target spell. It does nto work on mobs. You have to use 2 spells in tandem: Cast Essense and then cast Contagion on entire mob. Then they start dying really quickly. You also have to use Wither. So it is quite involved gameplay, juggling 3 spells. Good news Essesnse is a really strong single target.

Links:

Essense Drain - Controlled Destruction - Void Manip. - Rapid Decay - Slower Proj.

Contagion - Inc. AOE - Inc. Duration

Spell Totem - Wither - (optionally) - Inc Duration - Faster Casting

I'm trying it right now on my alter char with Shavronnes but mainly following Dyness build (pick up all regen) and it is quite strong even on not leveled gems. But it is quite painful to level the gems.
wow nice build , do you think i could do this build with 30 exalts? what do you recommend?
Firestorm links question.

Before 2.1 i had (5 link):
Firestorm - Spell Echo - Concentrated Effect - Fire Pen - Increased Duration

With 2.1 new gems would Controlled Destruction (more spell damage) be better than Increased Durauion?

Greetings!

@EspadaDelPanico: Just have fun. The gear I linked is all high end, as that is how my build ended up. Yes for 30 Ex you can get some decent gear and run a fairly solid tank.

"
diablomig wrote:
Firestorm links question.

Before 2.1 i had (5 link):
Firestorm - Spell Echo - Concentrated Effect - Fire Pen - Increased Duration

With 2.1 new gems would Controlled Destruction (more spell damage) be better than Increased Durauion?

I honestly dont know. I am currently powering up a Controlled Destruction on my Talisman toon to check it out. Although, I only have a 4link there atm. While it would be a nice boost to imediate damage, I am not sure if it would be more damage than the extra few seconds provide. However, I tend to run with more damage and less duration, because targets tend to move. I would make the replacement.

~Dy'Ness
I've been running something similar to this in THC, but using abyssal cry and bladefall as my primary spells, with a pretty massive warlord's mark aura for endurance charges. I find that it helps my clear speed in maps a lot, compared to when I did this with firestorm in tempest.

I had tried using essence drain, but it just felt really clunky and without a lot of damage nodes it wasn't that impressive.

Bladefall is just in a Geofri's with controlled destruction/conc effect/spell echo.

Blasphemy + Warlords Mark works well with ghost reaver, and I find makes it pretty safe to dive into packs and abyssal cry

For codt I only have glacial cascade + molten shell in a 5L with controlled destruction and inc AOE
- the increased aoe is probably unnecessary, but I enjoy seeing the cascade go off the screen

The playstyle ends up feeling pretty fluid; fortify/whirling blades from pack to pack, abyssal cry, and the whole pack will often blow itself up on molten shell before I can cast bladefall. In group maps the abyssal results in instantly blowing up some pretty gnarly packs.

It's nothing groundbreaking, but here's the tree I've been using:
tree

Since I'm not using firestorm I pick up a bunch of increased aoe nodes

Edit- changed up abyssal cry to run in 4l with inc aoe/inc dur/ void manip and the pack clear ended up a lot better.

Bladefall's damage is actually capable of outpacing my regen on phys reflect maps, which makes them pretty unsafe. The disclaimer is that I only have ~10K ES with 1k/sec regen in my setup (only 10% regen on tree and my gear isn't great). They are still possible thanks to being able to trigger abyssal cry by killing stuff with codt, but its much slower than normal.
Last edited by wewtzor on Jan 2, 2016, 10:10:45 AM
Any advices on levelling? I managed to reach level 50, I have decent es and regen even with bad gear(act 4 cruel and still no gear check). The problem is that my damage is lacking. Investing all skill points into ES and regen nodes makes it difficult to kill mobs. I can barely go further(currently using flameblast + faster casting + added lightning damage + controlled destruction)
Nothing here
Greetings!

The issues I had in Act 4 were at the end. Mainly the boss and Piety and I just took out a chunk of their life, died, live die repeat.

I cannot say about Flameblast's damage. I used a summon skeleton totem (spell totem + skel + faster casting + added light) to assist with tanking at the time.

~Dy'Ness
What Flask do you run?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info