[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Hi Dyness, i started building this tank 3-4 weeks ago!

Now i have this stats:
Res 75/75/76
ES about 11k
Regen 1300/s

I need gloves and a shield(armour + ES) in order to increase my ES to 15k(or more, i hope)

Are 15k ES, about 2000/s regen(maybe without Shavronne's Revelation, i'm working for this) + 75/75/76 enough for end game content(Atziri/uber Atziri, level 80+ maps)?

Now i'm playing maps level 75/76, no boss can kill me(exept lag)

My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
Does shaper's seed work in this setup?
2% health regen passive
(+1% health regen aura) - does this affect you as well or just allies?

I was planning to use it as a "budget" alternative to the shav ring - running 2 rare moonstones(both crafted with +% max es, rolled a 12 and a 20!) instead.

Haven't rerolled my witch yet, stopped to wonder if the seed was really a legit replacement.
"
Donut_Harvest wrote:
Does shaper's seed work in this setup?
2% health regen passive
(+1% health regen aura) - does this affect you as well or just allies?

I was planning to use it as a "budget" alternative to the shav ring - running 2 rare moonstones(both crafted with +% max es, rolled a 12 and a 20!) instead.

Haven't rerolled my witch yet, stopped to wonder if the seed was really a legit replacement.

I think Dy would tell you it is, judging from what he's told me in-game. I'm running shapers seed now too and it works nicely once you have a good es pool to not get one shot.
Ugh effort
Facetanked abaxoth for 10 minutes straight in a 77 plateou with vulnerability on this build.
Spoiler
Ugh effort
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
Shavronnes ring is the big regen boost (3-4%) plus the unique jewel with another 2% regen (but 10% more damage taken)

Just for the record, the unique Fragile Bloom jewel is a trap for this build mathematically speaking. Every strong ES regen build is better off using just about any other jewel - including, with the gear in Dy'Ness current gearpost, any barebones ES jewel of 7% or more, rather than a single Fragile Bloom.*

It should only ever be used in high regen% builds if one wants to spend a jewel slot on triggering CWDTs more often rather than using it on using the slot on tanking or damagedealing.

I seriously doubt Dy'Ness is using it anymore after we discussed it - unless it is for triggering CWDTs because survivability is already obscenely good, of course.

* A few notes for the mathematically inclined.
Spoiler

This is because while the regeneration increases from ~17.4% to ~19.4%, the damage taken increases from 100% to 110%, so the effective regeneration for survivability purposes goes from ~17.4%/100% = ~17.4% to ~19.4%/110% = ~17.63%, an increase of a mere 0.23% to effective regeneration.

For ~18000 ES with the build's current gear and stats, you need a mere 7% ES extra from gear at 100% damagefactor to match a 0.23% increase to effective regeneration... so basically any ES jewel will do, since by dumping the Fragile Bloom you not only end up with higher effective regeneration, you also are less vulnerable to spike damage when your MaxES is only suffering 100% damage hits rather than 110% damage ones.)

In short, if you are ever thinking of taking a Fragile Bloom to increase tanking ability in a high regeneration build due to the on paper higher numbers, do yourself a favour and slot in another Energy From Within or rare ES jewel. You'll end up better both at tanking spike damage and at sustainable tanking damage over time.

Thx for the math. I'm starting to think a rare crafted moonstone ring could maybe beat out Shav's ring, or be close.

You can hypothetically have a moonstone with:

76 flat es, 70+ int, 20% ES, 20% AR.

Not sure how that compares to the regen on a Shavs, but it would definitely give you more ES and AR, and since your ES regen is based off your maximum ES, well, someone else can do the math!

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
Wadjet wrote:
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
"
Shavronnes ring is the big regen boost (3-4%) plus the unique jewel with another 2% regen (but 10% more damage taken)

Just for the record, the unique Fragile Bloom jewel is a trap for this build mathematically speaking. Every strong ES regen build is better off using just about any other jewel - including, with the gear in Dy'Ness current gearpost, any barebones ES jewel of 7% or more, rather than a single Fragile Bloom.*

It should only ever be used in high regen% builds if one wants to spend a jewel slot on triggering CWDTs more often rather than using it on using the slot on tanking or damagedealing.

I seriously doubt Dy'Ness is using it anymore after we discussed it - unless it is for triggering CWDTs because survivability is already obscenely good, of course.

* A few notes for the mathematically inclined.
Spoiler

This is because while the regeneration increases from ~17.4% to ~19.4%, the damage taken increases from 100% to 110%, so the effective regeneration for survivability purposes goes from ~17.4%/100% = ~17.4% to ~19.4%/110% = ~17.63%, an increase of a mere 0.23% to effective regeneration.

For ~18000 ES with the build's current gear and stats, you need a mere 7% ES extra from gear at 100% damagefactor to match a 0.23% increase to effective regeneration... so basically any ES jewel will do, since by dumping the Fragile Bloom you not only end up with higher effective regeneration, you also are less vulnerable to spike damage when your MaxES is only suffering 100% damage hits rather than 110% damage ones.)

In short, if you are ever thinking of taking a Fragile Bloom to increase tanking ability in a high regeneration build due to the on paper higher numbers, do yourself a favour and slot in another Energy From Within or rare ES jewel. You'll end up better both at tanking spike damage and at sustainable tanking damage over time.

Thx for the math. I'm starting to think a rare crafted moonstone ring could maybe beat out Shav's ring, or be close.

Not sure how that compares to the regen on a Shavs, but it would definitely give you more ES and AR, and since your ES regen is based off your maximum ES, well, someone else can do the math!

Nah, my amulet with t1 flat es and 19% maximum es still gave me 100 less regen than a shapers seed so you can figure out the rest. :p
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:
"
Wadjet wrote:

Nah, my amulet with t1 flat es and 19% maximum es still gave me 100 less regen than a shapers seed so you can figure out the rest. :p

Yes, I know it probably wont beat it out, but your neck had 19% ES, a perfect moonstone could add 34% ES, plus 76 flat ES. And 20% Armour rating. Oh and no downside of mana regen.

It wouldn't even be that hard to craft. Alt spam until you get T1 flat ES/T1 Int; craft multiple mods, craft % ES/AR. You'd have to be pretty lucky to get 20% rolls, and they cost an exalt each. You even have 1 suffix left; perfect roll would be all stats. Elreon can craft 6-11 all attributes, so assuming perfect int rolls you can reach 66int~12% ES, added to perfect 20% prefix. Yeah...i'm gonna craft 2.

150 flat ES, 65% ES, 40% AR, 66 mana from 2 rings? Better than Shav's imo

You didn't give the rest of your stats on your amulet, but amulets can go much higher than 19%ES. A perfect rolled lapis amulet will give you 45%+ increased maximum energy shield, and can also roll flat ES as well.
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Sep 10, 2015, 2:56:18 PM
Greetings!

I have been messing around with some of my jewelry, and a corrupted Shapers Seed and a non corrupted Shavs give me higher regen but lower overall ES than a non corrupted Shapers Seed and my corrupted shavs.

It will be very hard to beat a 4%, or even a 3% regen. You will probably end up with a higher overall ES. But the regen would be higher if you ran a shavs.

Best of luck on your crafting!

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
"
DyNess wrote:
Greetings!

I have been messing around with some of my jewelry, and a corrupted Shapers Seed and a non corrupted Shavs give me higher regen but lower overall ES than a non corrupted Shapers Seed and my corrupted shavs.

It will be very hard to beat a 4%, or even a 3% regen. You will probably end up with a higher overall ES. But the regen would be higher if you ran a shavs.

Best of luck on your crafting!

~Dy'Ness

Well, you won't probably end up with more ES, you most definitely will. Like tons more. The regen won't be as high obviously, but I'm just trying to maintain 2k/sec and everything extra goes to ES/AR rating. I'm very close to breaking 20k/25k AR/ES.

And thx. I will continue to post my thoughts and findings.
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Sep 10, 2015, 9:55:39 PM
Firstly I would like to say to Dy'ness, thank you very much for your build.
It has now forced the retirement of all of my other characters because this one is just too much fun not to play.

I'm currently playing around with a slightly underpowered version of this build and I'm having great fun with it.

My Tree :

I've got about 10 more ES nodes to take which should push me close to or over 10K shield.
I'm currently running at 7.7K with just over 1K regen which was able to handle everything up to a level 76 map with Elemental Reflect. Forgetting to stop attacking finished me off a couple of times but my regen can handle all the CWDT reflects by itself if I dont use incinerate at the same time.

My Gear :
Spoiler

Spell damage, cast speed, mana regen. Doesn't get much nicer than this.

Needs some improvement here I think.

I'm losing out on a lot of armour to use this shield but the 74% spell damage is just too good to pass up.

My first ever 6L :)

Still leveling my empower and enlighten slowly for this. I've got a spare set of them in my offhand with is a Haku weapon with +4% quality to speed them up a little.

Loving this amulet I have to say and for the price its well worth it.
I'm currently saving up to purchase a second one so I can Vaal this one without worrying about turning it back into a rare :)
I've got the two Energy Within jewels in and also a couple of more with Shield and damage in the other slots.

I've made some changes to the gems as well trying to figure out which is the most effective ones to run in the CWDTs, so far I'm liking shock nova and ice nova simply because of the huge explosions but I'm still unsure as to what spells actually do the most damage.
I'm running Incinerate in my chest as I just like that spell too much to give it up :)
When I can get a corrupted ring or amulet I can replace the mana leech with a 20% qual faster projectiles I have waiting in my stash.

Future plans :
I've got
waiting in the wings until I can 6L it and can get some more ES on my passive tree. Once I get that in then I can put the mother of all CWDT setups in my chest and go wild :)
Corrupt my amulet or rings for mana gain on damage.
Get a little more reservation reduction so I can run another aura, don't know which one yet.
Get a Shavronne's Ring which I have about as much hope of affording as I do turning in a stack of Emperors cards and getting 5 Mirrors :)

If anyone has any advice on anything else I can do to improve the build I'm always willing to learn :)
Went SSF in Delve and I'm never going back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info