[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

First of all, awesome build. The guide for this ES tank has really been an inspiration for me when considering my dream build. Since I think I may have finally gathered enough currency in Tempest/Hardcore to craft or buy adequate gear, I've started looking at maximizing ES more closely. I noticed the same thing mrjoey523 pointed out with net gains from overlapping Energy from Within radii now that each one transforms at 100%. The tree I'm now working on takes it a bit further by taking an extra jewel socket to get the nice "Constitution" conversion, as well as doubling up on another small life node, not to mention the extra 12% ES from yet another one of those jewels. Not a huge overall benefit, but every little bit counts, especially when you've already taken all the 6% ES nodes in the tree naturally.

To get these goodies, I had to tweak the original Dy'Ness tree to free up some points. I chose to forgo the nodes mostly related to DPS. I didn't have to give up too many defensive things, and in the end I think it will make me even more tanky. The tree I'll have eventually is here, in case anyone is interested:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAW8GDgn2C2EMXw18EVAV1xcvGFYZLho-GmwbJRynHNwdFCL0JLAn7Sj6KS4spiy_L280CjWSNbk3ZjeDOuE8LUGHQ2NFnUmxS65N41NSU6VWY1cNV8lboFxrXz9mnmh0aPJsC20Zbztwu3FNeA17w3wOfLh_xoCkgseDX4PMhEiGrot6jHaPGo9GkyeUoJrPmuCbXZuhna6hL6ZXpuunCKcrp1Womq9stAy18rcxtz64k76KwBrBxcNtxBXEWMT2xq7K09R818_YTdi92RPZW9lh2mLi9-kC6rrr7uwY74jxrPJF8pf2SPfB99f5N_no-tL-Cv6P

(I'll be using Energy from Within in every slot, unless I decide Fragile Bloom is worth it in the slot directly west of the Scion start.)

If I've done something stupid or inefficient, feel free to point it out. My tree is mostly theoretical since I've just started leveling with it, but the life wheel is proving to be really nice in hardcore for safety before I go CI and convert it to ES (while leveling I can use damage jewels in my sockets for better DPS).
Drawn by a haunting voice, you come to the PoE forums. It is an odd place, filled with a motley assortment of feedback... and shameless trolling. There, the whining posts are all around you, and the gamers are silent, as the grind takes ahold of them. One by one, their lives seem lost to its call.
"
Turophile wrote:
First of all, awesome build. The guide for this ES tank has really been an inspiration for me when considering my dream build. Since I think I may have finally gathered enough currency in Tempest/Hardcore to craft or buy adequate gear, I've started looking at maximizing ES more closely. I noticed the same thing mrjoey523 pointed out with net gains from overlapping Energy from Within radii now that each one transforms at 100%. The tree I'm now working on takes it a bit further by taking an extra jewel socket to get the nice "Constitution" conversion, as well as doubling up on another small life node, not to mention the extra 12% ES from yet another one of those jewels. Not a huge overall benefit, but every little bit counts, especially when you've already taken all the 6% ES nodes in the tree naturally.

To get these goodies, I had to tweak the original Dy'Ness tree to free up some points. I chose to forgo the nodes mostly related to DPS. I didn't have to give up too many defensive things, and in the end I think it will make me even more tanky. The tree I'll have eventually is here, in case anyone is interested:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAW8GDgn2C2EMXw18EVAV1xcvGFYZLho-GmwbJRynHNwdFCL0JLAn7Sj6KS4spiy_L280CjWSNbk3ZjeDOuE8LUGHQ2NFnUmxS65N41NSU6VWY1cNV8lboFxrXz9mnmh0aPJsC20Zbztwu3FNeA17w3wOfLh_xoCkgseDX4PMhEiGrot6jHaPGo9GkyeUoJrPmuCbXZuhna6hL6ZXpuunCKcrp1Womq9stAy18rcxtz64k76KwBrBxcNtxBXEWMT2xq7K09R818_YTdi92RPZW9lh2mLi9-kC6rrr7uwY74jxrPJF8pf2SPfB99f5N_no-tL-Cv6P

(I'll be using Energy from Within in every slot, unless I decide Fragile Bloom is worth it in the slot directly west of the Scion start.)

If I've done something stupid or inefficient, feel free to point it out. My tree is mostly theoretical since I've just started leveling with it, but the life wheel is proving to be really nice in hardcore for safety before I go CI and convert it to ES (while leveling I can use damage jewels in my sockets for better DPS).

I spent an exalt to buy regrets to try this out. I like it, good utility, especially on the right side with the life/ES nodes near the Shadow starting area.

I'm sitting at ~7,500 ES and I'm not wearing the chest I have saved yet, so it should be ~8,500 soon enough.
Apparently some people really love your build in the Hall of Grandmasters :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3jeqnz/trolled_by_a_grandmaster_what_even_is_this_guy/
Greetings!

Today I finally have the internet hooked up again and will update the first post this weekend.

"
Vadler wrote:
Apparently some people really love your build in the Hall of Grandmasters :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3jeqnz/trolled_by_a_grandmaster_what_even_is_this_guy/

Thank you for that link.

Concerning overlapping the Energy From Within, I will give it a shot this weekend and see just how high I can raise my ES and regen. Assuming it isnt a bug and is not patched out before then.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Also, I'm going to try a variation on the concept of high ES and regen based on the Whispering Ice staff but in a different way from classic CI builds, I'll keep you updated once I set this through (probably at the end of Warbands, Whispering Ice + Astramentis are way too expensive in Standard right now), I think it'll be interesting !
So, I want to try this build with a lvl 90 Templar respec i have, but I'm torn between these 2 setups:

#1:

Go for Armour/ES. I think I can hit around 12k ES // 12k AR based off some theorycrafting. Main items:

#2:

Go all out ES. I think I can hit 20k+ pure ES. Items:

Which setup do u think would be better?

edit- i linked wrong chest, it's ~950 for the one i will use
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Sep 3, 2015, 2:45:03 PM
Thanks for this guide, I'm gonna do something similar
The build focuses more on ES than Armour!So that means that ES gear is getting a bigger boost than armour gear!But since every build needs some armour against physical hits a 1000 armour/300+ Es shield is a good option!Now i dont think a full hybrid gear is recommended but shield + chest are good options since the gear the guy linked has top rolls and are seriously good items!

So my final view is that the build should have some armour but not go too far!Its better i think to have 18k ES and 4k armour than 20k ES!You will lose some regen sure but the phys hits will hit you less!4k armour with a granite flask of Iron skin will do the job perfectly i guess!

But i havent tested with such good gear!Iam at 15k es atm with ES gear and 300armour from shield!

I just bought a good shield from warbands and iam trying to 6link an 850 ES vaal regalia!

Finally i will try to see if the build can get rid of mana leech with elreon jewelry!(if anyone tried this plz tell if its possible for this build)
Greetings!

"
The build focuses more on ES than Armour!So that means that ES gear is getting a bigger boost than armour gear!But since every build needs some armour against physical hits a 1000 armour/300+ Es shield is a good option!Now i dont think a full hybrid gear is recommended but shield + chest are good options since the gear the guy linked has top rolls and are seriously good items!

So my final view is that the build should have some armour but not go too far!Its better i think to have 18k ES and 4k armour than 20k ES!You will lose some regen sure but the phys hits will hit you less!4k armour with a granite flask of Iron skin will do the job perfectly i guess!

But i havent tested with such good gear!Iam at 15k es atm with ES gear and 300armour from shield!

I just bought a good shield from warbands and iam trying to 6link an 850 ES vaal regalia!

Finally i will try to see if the build can get rid of mana leech with elreon jewelry!(if anyone tried this plz tell if its possible for this build)

I am more in line with this. I would say use the ES/Armor chest and shield you linked, and then run for ES on everything else. Although, if you say its a ~950 chest, that would definitely be something to use. Assuming it has other mods which are also useful. For the belt, you should be able to find one with +250 armor fairly easily to go with those two items. Molten Shell does wonders to the amount of armor you have as well, especially a high level one.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
"
DyNess wrote:
Greetings!

"

I am more in line with this. I would say use the ES/Armor chest and shield you linked, and then run for ES on everything else. Although, if you say its a ~950 chest, that would definitely be something to use. Assuming it has other mods which are also useful. For the belt, you should be able to find one with +250 armor fairly easily to go with those two items. Molten Shell does wonders to the amount of armor you have as well, especially a high level one.

~Dy'Ness

TY for responding.

I actually attained 19k ES and 12k AR, but my regen is only 2200 per second. Can someone please dual me and give some feedback? ign Raynouard
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info