[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

"
jimoc wrote:
I'm using incinerate instead of Firestorm as well in the chest :

I recoloured as well to try Firestorm but I just cant seem to get a handle on the playstyle of firestorm.
I much rather the hosing mechanic of Incinerate and also it seems to be a lot faster.
I just could not figure out the mechanic for the Firestorms and also to me it seemed to be a lot slower and I was getting hit a lot more.

Mana is a slight issue at the moment and I sometimes run out but never long enough to actually lose my stacks.
Of course the mana issue is my own fault because I'm using
, without those gloves I dont have any issues with mana.

Once I get a better pair of rare gloves I will be taking those off and that should sort me out.

All in all, this is a great build, I just passed 86 and thanks to my new self crafted ring
I just passed 11K Shield.
One question on that ring though, can I put the Multi craft mod on it now, or does that have to be the first one to go on?

Multimod has to go on first.
Ugh effort
"
jimoc wrote:
I'm using incinerate instead of Firestorm as well in the chest :

I recoloured as well to try Firestorm but I just cant seem to get a handle on the playstyle of firestorm.
I much rather the hosing mechanic of Incinerate and also it seems to be a lot faster.
I just could not figure out the mechanic for the Firestorms and also to me it seemed to be a lot slower and I was getting hit a lot more.

Mana is a slight issue at the moment and I sometimes run out but never long enough to actually lose my stacks.
Of course the mana issue is my own fault because I'm using
, without those gloves I dont have any issues with mana.

Once I get a better pair of rare gloves I will be taking those off and that should sort me out.

All in all, this is a great build, I just passed 86 and thanks to my new self crafted ring
I just passed 11K Shield.
One question on that ring though, can I put the Multi craft mod on it now, or does that have to be the first one to go on?

Nice ring.

I finished crafting one of mine, I'll divine for 20/20 but divines are expensive.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Greetings!

These two videos are provided courtesy of LibritanniaES. Thank you for the fun time and the loot.

[2.0] Hall Of Grand Masters - With LibritanniaES - Run 1
https://youtu.be/MuaPop4p87c (21:00)

[2.0] Hall Of Grand Masters - With LibritanniaES - Run 2
https://youtu.be/SkT8UWbalII (19:27)

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Sep 21, 2015, 11:21:59 PM
not sure if someone noted that allrdy but u got a pathing misstake on top of ur skilltree.
the 4 int points next to minion instability can be disconnected while u connect two bottom path and two next to faith and steel - u gain 8%ar and 5% es for 10 int
Last edited by PvtPJ on Sep 22, 2015, 6:41:44 PM
Greetings!

"
PvtPJ wrote:
not sure if someone noted that allrdy but u got a pathing misstake on top of ur skilltree.
the 4 int points next to minion instability can be disconnected while u connect two bottom path and two next to faith and steel - u gain 8%ar and 5% es for 10 int

Thank you. I completely missed that as I used to use the last points on that wheel for changing out the tree slightly to test things.

Overall it works out to a gain of 8% Armor and 3% ES (-2% ES for the loss of 10 int). Still a nice tweak. It works out to around 100 ES and more regen. For those who were wondering, its a change requiring 6 regrets.

Thanks again.

~Dy'Ness
Hi, Dyness!
I really like your build. Before, I used to play the Whispering Ice build, the damage is good but the defensive is bad (even though you get really high es from stacking INT) and I don't like the idea of taking Vaal Pact + Ghost Reaver.

Then I tried your build, the ES regen is amazing but in the end I want to be a little bit more aggressive so I come up with another build. My ideas are combining the Whispering Ice build with the your tank. Here is my tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E2UoBhW2mJodPnoKPqCx48aHNy4kw18V8nqurQMytOhL76Kkyd_xqKjUXTB8y0flSBMs-_r0B8snK-bEFiHZREtfIPr7tWm5CLtPJo7gpu2hu0gfEto8lugp1V8DprPQ2NxTa9sC2HGroNfPC0MXxynU6XE9sQV7BjBxSy_VmOGrhXXL2_ZE3C7GS4n7Qn21HwGDlcN2WEpLvGsGj58uF8_9kjEWKcIKU-ePIx27DiFe2ZUna4abPfBNAqQ1iymN2ZoZfObA-4zhx2-jummmTW5HU-nKxFQbRlLrhsl2VvpAsBmRUe1BA=

You need to 2 X BRUTE FORCE SOLUTION JEWEL to put in. The first one near Combat Stamina and 2nd go near Armour Mastery. The other gems should be Cold Damage, Area Damage, Max ES & Resistance to scale up.

My stuffs:
Spoiler

Due to Ice Storm requires a lot of mana so I take out the Shav Ring and use Perandus Ring for INT stacking & Regeneration but only use 1 cause I need to scale up resistance also. Black Sun Crest also help me to scale up INT up to 1200+ (you could go up to 1300+ if u have better stuffs) and I have around 1k1 es regen (without Vertex) with 2k5 damaage from Ice Storm. You also could use Velvet Gloves and put in the other Perandus Ring to push higher damage or Atziri's Acuity if u are rich.
What do you think about my build?

Thanks and Sorry for bad English!!
Last edited by trungtin186 on Sep 24, 2015, 10:04:33 AM
Greetings!

Nice setup trungtin186. I am glad my tank idea was able to assist. With 1100 regen, you shouldn't have too many issues with most mobs. Especially if they can be frozen. Grats!

Does your mana regen support a continuous cast? If not, how many casts can you get off before you run "dry" per say?

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Sep 25, 2015, 6:11:16 AM
First of all I would like to thank Dy'ness for this build. I was getting bored with what I was running.

I tried a slight variation of this build and it seems to be working for me. I am running 4 Cast when stunned gems. I have about 2700 regen and 14.5k Es. My resists are all capped.
For offence I have tried so many things. I tried everything from totems to mines (Fire Nova).
What I settled on is Incinerate, added chaos, spell echo, LMP, Fire pen, Mana Leech. I have one ring that grants 3% mana gained when hit, but honestly I dont really need it.

Cast when stunned. I run 2 Molten shells, Enfeeble, Summon Skeletons,chaos golem, Tempest sheild,2 Flame surges and a Summon Zombie.
Here is my thinking on this :
I picked up Minion instability for one point. The skeles have about 3k life and die alot doing some damage when they do. They also along with my 3 zombies provide a huge amount of defense as the mobs hit them quite often.

I also did not get the aura clusters in either place. I am not sure if this is wise but the top cluster gave me about 230 es and .1 regen. To me it did not seem worth it.

I have also toyed with the idea a few times speccing into Dual curse. Its 4 points but allows me to have Temporal chains and Enfeeble or Elemental weakness and enfeeble.

I like the cast when stunned however Corrupted Piety on the level 76 map is not doable as her whirl winds chain stun me. The advantage to the stuns are all of my gems can be lvl 20 and proc alot.

I hope this helps someone. I could make a video if anyone is intrested in seeing the difference in cast when stunned vs CWDT. And it show cases the minions.
Wahou, great idea Kryteck to use skeletons/zombies + minion instability!

Does the fire explosion get bonus from the fire/ele bonus that you have?

Other question for you guys, what is the balance ES/dps you go for?

Currently have 15K ES / almost 2K regen (without shav ring) and 7.5K tooltip incinerate (not counting fire penetration+dual curse bonus). I am curious of your balance.
Last edited by hubdelafonk on Sep 29, 2015, 12:45:54 PM
Greetings!

My tooltip on Firestorm varies between 1100 and almost 1600 per ball. It is based on Empower vs Reduced Mana, The Taming vs Shavs ring and Flame Golem vs Immortal Call.

For general party play and maps, I typically don't need the Shavs with my corrupted Shapers Seed. Using Empower, The Taming and Flame Golem gives me the damage. Without the Shavs I still have over 3000 regen, enough for tanking almost everything minus a few bosses. The mana regen gained on top of the mana leech (vs Block Chance Reduction for pvp) is more than enough to keep moving. I could probably drop the shapers for a non corrupted one, but whatever. I like having options for my mana pool.

Side note: the CWDT setup now varies between pve and pvp.

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Oct 1, 2015, 8:45:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info