[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

I'm level 90 and still struggling with Atziri.

Just trying to farm and slowly upgrade my gear and hope for the best. I'd be pretty gutted if I get to the point of having 15-20ex worth of gear and still struggle.
Hey Oos, great build, loving it. Just seeing what you think of my gear so far and what options I can consider going forward.

My gear:

Couple of notes:
- Currently trying to roll RRR so I can make it cwdt-ic-ld
- Hunting for a good-rolled Daresso's to start fusing to 6L
- Trying to find a good tri-res high EV shield so I can equip a Rat's Nest
- Would a good rolled rare be better than my Prismweave and Surgebinders?
- Would it be a good idea to start looking for wand upgrade? I'm lv85 atm.

Thanks!

184 life total on all your gear? How much HP are you running around with and how often do you die? I'm level 56 now again (ripped last week on tempest) and with mediocre gear I already have 516 life on my gear and ingame my total is about 2.7k. Can't imagine how much you will have :)

As I ripped a few times already this league I tried something different... Duelist kinetic blaster. Since KB basically needs only 4L to work decently I plan on getting a 5L armor and add Blood Magic. I think the life regen plus life leech will be enough to allow me to keep blasting. Also want to use max aura's / heralds and basically just link every active skill to a BM gem so I can remove all mana related skill nodes from the tree and put them in more life/damage etc. nodes.

Hope I don't RIP again to see if it all works but so far this league has been unlucky for me.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Last edited by JohnnyV76 on Aug 17, 2015, 7:25:35 AM
hi guys

yesterday i hit the jackpot with a 6L daresso and a try to color it but i didnt get it from 200 chroms
so i use WED for now instead of phys proj gem

and i realized WED give me more tooltip than phys proj

so why should i try to burn those chroms, why phys proj attack is better than WED? just the physical leech? or am i missing sg?
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
184 life total on all your gear? How much HP are you running around with and how often do you die? I'm level 56 now again (ripped last week on tempest) and with mediocre gear I already have 516 life on my gear and ingame my total is about 2.7k. Can't imagine how much you will have :)

As I ripped a few times already this league I tried something different... Duelist kinetic blaster. Since KB basically needs only 4L to work decently I plan on getting a 5L armor and add Blood Magic. I think the life regen plus life leech will be enough to allow me to keep blasting. Also want to use max aura's / heralds and basically just link every active skill to a BM gem so I can remove all mana related skill nodes from the tree and put them in more life/damage etc. nodes.

Hope I don't RIP again to see if it all works but so far this league has been unlucky for me.

Well, I have jewels that add %life, currently running ~3600 life. I don't really die often, with the exception of Act 4 bosses in the Belly of the Beast and some map bosses.

I'm running most maps up to 76 with ease, and these aren't easy rolls either. I usually pop an alch on maps and run with whatever comes up, regardless of how rip the map might seem. I also vaal my highest 2 map tiers. You just need to tread carefully and not facetank everything you see in hope of killing them faster than they kill you. I do have problem with some map bosses, but it's most likely due to chaos damage.

To me, BM doesn't seem worth it, as it takes a slot for every single skill that you run. I run KB, frenzy, ice golem, flame dash, and frost wall+totem. That's 5 sockets used up for BM for the benefit of one extra aura.
Just curious right now I'm running the archer method with split arrow to level myself up until I can start using a wand. When would be a good time to switch to this spec?
"
Just curious right now I'm running the archer method with split arrow to level myself up until I can start using a wand. When would be a good time to switch to this spec?

Really up to you. Last char (ripped at 69) I switched at level 47 to a 100 DPS twyzel but when switching from bow skills to KB the mana consumption requires some getting used to. My new char is now lvl61 and I'm still using tornado shot. I kill stuff pretty fast in act 1 Merc even without any bow skill nodes. In 2 levels (if I stay alive) I can use the chest I bought with has the right colours for my BM setup... and with iron reflexes will give me about 2k armour.

@ Vipgundam .... using Blood Magic with KB will be a test. Just like playing a duelist kinetic blaster with iron reflexes is :)
I don't think I need 5 slots to link BM to:

BM-KB-GMP-FA-PcOC (chest)
BM-Ice Golem-Lightning Warp (wand)
BM-Frenzy-FA-Crit Damage (boots)
BM-Frost Wall-FC-Increased Duration (gloves)
CWDT-Enfeeble-Increased Duration (shield)
Hatred-HoI-HoL-X (helm)

Something like that should work. Since I'm playing tempest I may even switch to chaos golem for the extra phys damage mitigation. Good thing is that if it doesn't really work I can just remove the BM gem from the secundary skills and run 1 herald or aura less. The benefit of using all BM linked skills is that I can respec all mana related skill nodes and do not need to carry any mana pots. It will be easy to switch if it doesnt work.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Last edited by JohnnyV76 on Aug 18, 2015, 2:58:36 AM
I've resurrected my character in Standard to see how it runs in 2.0 (Had to pop over to do some trades).
Looking good so far. Need to level a frenzy and slower projectiles (I might try running SP instead of faster attacks, if I don't find the attack speed reduction too painful - I'm using a 1.67 aps wand so shouldn't be too bad)

The leech and reserved mana changes aren't hitting me as bad as I thought, slightly miss running herald of thunder for catching stragglers and opening containers, but herald of ice is too good to drop.
Still by far my fastest clearing character, and hopefully once I set up frenzy properly it will help on single target.

My gear (which I have linked before)

After doing my biggest ever trade I do have about 50 ex sat in standard, burning a hole in my pocket, so might look at upgrading the wand. Even a 10-20 pdps upgrade is so expensive though! I also have a pretty decent dps ring sat in warbands for when that finishes if I don't sell it, but would need to get resistances from somewhere. Some more flat accuracy would be nice though (Actually, just realised I haven't got a golem yet, ice golem will help a little).

Will have another play tonight and go and do the act 4 quests for skill points - can grab frenzy charge and a bit more life then.

Is Quality KB worth using?
"
Morti666 wrote:
why phys proj attack is better than WED? just the physical leech? or am i missing sg?

I am interested in the answer to this question as well. I am thinking of swapping to WED. The red socket also allows for the flexibility of swapping to life leech gem for reflect maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info