[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
ZhenyaDM wrote:
you will die to reflect with this, unfortunately. Not to mention that some aids mapmods like equilibrium or +X light/fire res will slow you down big time + bosses will take longer to kill (due to their innate ele resistances). I might be very wrong but that is what I think is the case with being ele nowadays.

So I went ahead and put everything together. Just hit lvl 80 in Talisman Hardcore and going strong. Gear has recently really come together.

Gear:

Quick Numbers: 16K DPS GMP KB. 20K+ in a 6L, but havent gotten 6L coil yet. 2500 Accuracy, 80% crit chance once I get 6th power charge.
Running Elemental Weakness in CoH with HoI.
Survivability is perfect. at 5.1K HP lvl 80, so should peak around 5.5K. As long as I avoid volatiles, and some one shots I think I can reach 90+ just fine. T11 maps require support to be safe imo.

I modified the tree slightly since I chose to go elemental setup. Overall, it uses 8 less skillpoints since we dont grab the phys ele nodes, allowing us to grab more life/jewel sockets.

Link to my level 90 tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037ven117g7-uqOKI_ZNko19MHzI3FFHwUk31I2_51T-He0_BbXUIyT96NYwcf_eIuqbJud03ajDOjIBbWxLeJu1KjiyGTY97LA6QoTFz3qdqutjjAth62yMES-5fHpTYqwrCl3y44QOSCoLDdERlnBSY0N_xgceidOio5UujDbB8_DVVUuVIIIeSVFh4msXLR8UsCaVvOrFKEyzmmEWv8BU9lsgbtAfBAfHygj0akNZvFAw7-uD28lEVca-7jpYP3Ns5wmgznA=

So far I believe its stronger than physical atm, especially since the new mana leech nodes are around. I tried the build with a 208pDPS 10.2 crit imbued wand and appropraite jewelry, and could see no difference in clearspeed or single target.

Oh and reflect is less of an issue that even phys wand is. I can run reflect maps with Grace and a support char running purities with zero issue as well.

Good day!
Last edited by Alabugin on Jan 2, 2016, 10:00:44 PM
"
Hello, thanks for posting this very useful guide. I'm playing a phys/ele hybrid version and I was wondering which jewels to use.

Which stat combination on jewels is most recommended aside from 7% life?

I go for Life > Crit Multi > Attack speed > Projectile Damage > Rest
Hey guys, I don't check thread much anymore, but just gonna reply to a couple of posts, feel free to PM me in game @Oos

quote="YoungN"]Thanks for this build, I plan on trying it out after the holidays. One thing I don't understand though: why is ranger better than Shadow? It seems to me that the builds are almost identical. Do you mean the quest rewards are better for a ranger?

Thanks for the help![/quote]

Ranger was better in 2.0, but now they're about the same in 2.1. It's about the starting nodes.

"
Alabugin wrote:
"
ZhenyaDM wrote:
you will die to reflect with this, unfortunately. Not to mention that some aids mapmods like equilibrium or +X light/fire res will slow you down big time + bosses will take longer to kill (due to their innate ele resistances). I might be very wrong but that is what I think is the case with being ele nowadays.

So I went ahead and put everything together. Just hit lvl 80 in Talisman Hardcore and going strong. Gear has recently really come together.

Gear:

Quick Numbers: 16K DPS GMP KB. 20K+ in a 6L, but havent gotten 6L coil yet. 2500 Accuracy, 80% crit chance once I get 6th power charge.
Running Elemental Weakness in CoH with HoI.
Survivability is perfect. at 5.1K HP lvl 80, so should peak around 5.5K. As long as I avoid volatiles, and some one shots I think I can reach 90+ just fine. T11 maps require support to be safe imo.

I modified the tree slightly since I chose to go elemental setup. Overall, it uses 8 less skillpoints since we dont grab the phys ele nodes, allowing us to grab more life/jewel sockets.

Link to my level 90 tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037ven117g7-uqOKI_ZNko19MHzI3FFHwUk31I2_51T-He0_BbXUIyT96NYwcf_eIuqbJud03ajDOjIBbWxLeJu1KjiyGTY97LA6QoTFz3qdqutjjAth62yMES-5fHpTYqwrCl3y44QOSCoLDdERlnBSY0N_xgceidOio5UujDbB8_DVVUuVIIIeSVFh4msXLR8UsCaVvOrFKEyzmmEWv8BU9lsgbtAfBAfHygj0akNZvFAw7-uD28lEVca-7jpYP3Ns5wmgznA=

So far I believe its stronger than physical atm, especially since the new mana leech nodes are around. I tried the build with a 208pDPS 10.2 crit imbued wand and appropraite jewelry, and could see no difference in clearspeed or single target.

Oh and reflect is less of an issue that even phys wand is. I can run reflect maps with Grace and a support char running purities with zero issue as well.

Good day!

Heya, we talked a little in game.

You make valid points but I'd argue that phys is still superior as a base. All phys wander builds are 50/50 ele anyway, so you may as well start with the stronger phys nodes on the tree, with a phys wand, then scale ele with gear.

I'm playing wander this league, but I respecced a Scion and went ele based. So my tree is very different from what's listed here.

Gear and tree for reference:

My tree is more defense focused, and as a result all my damage comes from gear. That's a large benefit of elemental.
5.8k life, 6.1k if I swap Maligaros for rare gloves.

My tooltip DPs with charges is 47k (54k with Vinktar potion up). This looks quite impressive but actually clears the same as my phys based wander who has 30k DPS.
Elemental has the downside of having to beat monster resistances, whereas phys crushes armour so 50% of your damage is doing full penetration damage.
This means ele based is much weaker vs bosses.

Both phys and ele shock mobs so you can't use that in ele's favour.
Phys also procs HoIce more reliably which helps in AOE clear speed.

Both builds have up/downsides, ele is definitely more viable now with the leech nodes (although I still took BM gem because of attack speed and +1 aura).
You can't really say one is better than the other, you were also comparing with a worse phys wand (although still a good phys wand). Your ele wand is nuts :D

It's all down to personal preference really. Ty for post.
IGN: @Oos
I'm at 89 right now with what I feel is good gear but your guys tooltip is blowing mine away...I'm not sure where I can make improvements as I'm hanstringed by needing strength on gear for lc. And int for my wand.

Posting from phone sorry if links are jacked up.

Tooltip is at 12k with 5 power and 3 frenzy charges. I guess I don't really struggle to kill stuff most of the room explodes on one crit but bosses are hard if I can't get a shotgun effect...tanking bosses against a wall is not viable from my experience.

Also how are you doing physical reflect? With jade up I'm still just crushing myself on a kb crit..especially when the attack pierces and hits another pack. I was doing a map with this mod and crit myself to about 10 percent with 5.6k hp and then I zoned out and haven't done one since. I guess I could swap physical to lightning in but then I have no power charges.
Last edited by moonrakerx on Jan 4, 2016, 3:05:20 PM
Hello,

playing this build in hc talisman right now and having a lot of fun.

Bit disappointing is the single target damage in original setup so i added the poison gem to frenzy and grabbed some damage over time nodes.

Combined with a wither totem enemys just melting away.

Especially for fast moving exiles or map bosses its really useful.

Cheers :)

Last edited by ilozytv on Jan 12, 2016, 3:08:17 PM
Hi Oos, just wanted to say thanks for making this guide, been using your build for a while and I'm having a blast.

Recently I got my hands on a 6L Shav's, so i'm wondering is there a low life version of your build?haha

Thanks in advance! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info