[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

This is my wand for this build I exalted it and got the lightning so not so bad at least its still damage
I stole some inspiration from the elemental version of this spec to modify my talent tree.

Here's what I've got at 86:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjBx4ILgmgDkgRlhSwFSAWvxmOGbQfQSP2JJ0k_SaVKgstgzBxMHwyATY9OkI_c0MxR35JUUqaS3hNklFHVUtd8mHiYetiWmKsZU1sjGznbWxwUnDVc3B07XXLelN67311f8aCHoTZiEKJ04wLjDaNfY1-jb-VLpcGmmGbJpuNnaqfiKIEshm1SLl8u-O9Nr6nwUnBxcJzxKLI3M2YznDPetN-1CPawd2o51TndOjW6mLssO2D73rw1fPq9qP25_rv_GT-Hf66_94=?accountName=jbmcarth&characterName=MiirFhunter

Here's what it would look like at 95:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjBx4ILgmgCpsN0Q5IEZYUsBUgFr8Zjhm0H0Ej9iSdJP0mlSoLLYMwcTB8MgE2PTpCPs8_c0MxR35JUUqaS3hNklFHVUtaGl3yYeJh62JaYqxjQ2VNbIxs521scFJw1XNwdO11y3pTeu99dX_Ggh6E2YhCidOMC4w2jX2Nfo2_lS6XBpphmyabjZ2qn4iiBK_rshm1SLl8u-O9Nr3mvqfBScHFwnPDM8SiyNzNmM5wz3rTftQj2sHdqOcK51TndOjW6mLssO2D73rw1fPq9qP25_rv_GT-Hf66_94=?accountName=jbmcarth&characterName=MiirFhunter

The life regen is fantastic. I found myself not using blood rage for map bosses that require a lot of moving around, and now I can leave it up. I'm at 17k tooltip dps with ppad instead of pierce gem.
Is anyone managing to kill Atziri fairly comfortably with KB yet?
I'm level 63 on tempest so no atziri for me in a while.. if ever :)

Started last Sunday so for me I levelled rather quickly... to 63 in 4 days. Used bow skills for most of the levelling but switched to KB on lvl47 and I am starting to like it more and more.

Survivability is much better compared to a bow ranger as you can have more evasion and use a shield which gives obvious survivability. DPS was a bit lowish even with my 100DPS Twyzel but once you arrive at the crazy DPS clusters in the north east section of the witch area this improves dramatically. I'm now learning how to best use frost wall to kill elites faster as a lone mob really takes a while to kill especially if you compare to e.g. Tornado Shot.

When arriving in the 60's I started to notice my Twyzel had had it's best days and needed to be replaced. As I ripped twice as bow ranger my currency was low so couldn't afford a really high DPS wand but was able to find a nice 161DPS one for 10c. Also changed from a 3L set up (4 projectiles with twyzel + LMP) to a 4L setup with GMP and Power charge on Crit. Helped Alira in merciless for an extra power charge and holy moly.... hitting a group of mobs with 4 power charges up is just awesome :)

Mana control is still a bit tough. Large groups of mobs = full mana due to the mana leech but small groups or bosses means regular potting. I manage but sometimes it's annoying when my char keeps nagging that her mana is gone :P

I found that if you can tank an elite or strong mob you just walk to a wall, let him come close and start hitting the wall with your back to the mob. This will cause all the explosions to happen right behind you and kills the mob very quickly.

Now I will focus on maxing my resists and hp etc and hope I don't rip this char. It's fun to play and like to see how it does in maps when I have all the DPS nodes.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
giftednz wrote:
Is anyone managing to kill Atziri fairly comfortably with KB yet?

Yes i did in wardand, I killed her really fast so it's pretty easy, Iam elemental(I run my own build pretty different than other build I saw here )
This build seems really nice.

I didnt read whole 68 pages, so i want to ask a question.

Did anyone tried this build with Blood dance boots and using Blood rage?
With Blood dance boots 5 frenzy charges + 1% life regen from tree give you 6% life regen, which leaves you 2% life regen with active Blood Rage, gaining 1,2% life leech and X% attack speed. And 5 frenzy charges also gives 20% increased attack speed and 20% more damage.
Haven't tried but blood dance also gives 3% reduced attack speed per charge but still it will boost net DPS.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Haven't tried but blood dance also gives 3% reduced attack speed per charge but still it will boost net DPS.

Yeah, but every frenzy charge give 4% increased attack speed and Blood rage gives up to 15% increased attack, so with 5 frenzy charges you end up with 20% increased attak speed, 1,2% life leech and 20% more dmg, which is great.
"
Jajin wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Yeah, but every frenzy charge give 4% increased attack speed and Blood rage gives up to 15% increased attack, so with 5 frenzy charges you end up with 20% increased attak speed, 1,2% life leech and 20% more dmg, which is great.

Let's take an example with 4 frenzy charges up as well as blood rage and with the blood dance boots. Let's assume the character has 4k life.

4 frenzy charges = +16% attack speed and +16% damage (more damage, so not increased)

Blood rage lvl20 = +15% attack speed and 1,2% life leech and (4% of 4000) 160 life per second drained.

Blood Dance boots gives total 28% movement speed and -12% attack speed and 4% life regen. As bonus you get 4x6% increased damage on mobs that are below 35% life. Not huge but a nice little extra.

In total this combination gives:
+19% attack speed | +16% damage | +1,2% life leech | life drain pretty much negated by the regen from blood dance.

Because of the combination of blood rage and blood dance you will have about 50% chance to generate a frenzy charge on kill. This is nice as you won't have to generate frenzy charges anymore using a different skill. In general blood rage will be refreshed constantly while doing maps or farming.

Big downside of Blood Dance is that it has no life on it and no resists. I think that if you are high level and have really good gear with plenty of life and resists then this combination will be very nice.
Last edited by JohnnyV76 on Aug 13, 2015, 9:30:20 AM
Would it be better to get a 200pdps wand w/ ~15% cold damage. or a 230pdps wand (same speed/crit)? Seems like cold% would be pretty good, but i'm guessing the pdps scales better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info