Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
Migdalin wrote:
Can somebody explain the Frenzy gem? It says "Attack, Melee, Bow," so it would never have occurred to me to use it with a wand as a ranged attack.

There's no wand keyword. You can also use barrage, which says "bow" too!
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
Alabugin wrote:

EDIT: Im considering yolo exalting the imbued wand in hope for a flat ele prefix =).

You might end up with spell flat damage too, I'm not sure if your wand is even worth yolo exalting. Why not just use your 5L until you 5L your Daresso?

=) 5L with a 20 scraps and 1 random fuse like 3 hours after my last post!!! So excited, first time to 5L anything.

Ill probably yolo exalt anyway for the fun of it. I only play temp leagues, so after a month or so I go all out.

It took me like 200 chromes to get those colors though even using vorici 1 blue recipe.
If you're leveling a Ranger, how can you have enough Int at level 30 to use the Twyzel? I'm level 33 with 25 Int and the Twyzel requires 119. The wand I want to use at level 59 requires 188 Int. Will I be able to get that much Int on a Ranger?
"
Radagastt wrote:
If you're leveling a Ranger, how can you have enough Int at level 30 to use the Twyzel? I'm level 33 with 25 Int and the Twyzel requires 119. The wand I want to use at level 59 requires 188 Int. Will I be able to get that much Int on a Ranger?

Just grab the 30 int node, Trickery (20 int near shadow with crit and ele damage) and primal spirit? (another 20). Then you should be able to get enough on gear for awhile. Eventually you run into a lot of INT nodes so a little on gear is possible (I used a 200 int wand until like lvl 70).

Once you get an Imbued wand (lower INT requirement) you can drop some of the INT to maximize other things.
"
zaboleqqq wrote:
Hello Oos,

First of all, this build is really great and I'm having great fun with it! You are the best, seriously.
I have to ask for your guidance because I see that my dps is not so great and I'm not sure why...

Here is my gear for lvl 51:
Spoiler

Maybe it is not the best but it is not the worse I think :0. I will change gloves today if I find someone who sell something interesting and head will also be better. Problem is that my KB dps with HoI and HoF is like 1,5k . I can't run HoI and Hatred because I have serious mana issues then:/.

My wand is like 123dps and I can buy 1.3 AS wand wtih 160dps for like 15-20c but I'm not sure if maybe I should wait and buy something better near lvl 60? I can try to get another ring with physical dmg so it will boost my dmg and maybe shield with more evasion(my has great stats but low eva).

I'm following your skill tree and I'm on the way to big wand nodes.
Any tips for begginer?

I replied to your PM. Mostly just 20% your wand and keep at it, 50-70 is hard in 2.0, but you'll be fine later. The build really ramps up 70+

"
Alabugin wrote:
Hello!

First wander ive ever made and playing on tempest. I used Twyzel until 53 and grabbed myself an omen wand. My current gear is below:

Ive also got:
that I will switch over to when I get into maps (Need to 5L the Daresso's....so far im like 100 fuse in x_X)

The wand I found on my flame totem. I could use it now, but I dont see the need currently since I 1 shot everything.

I was a little apprehensive until about 55 when I started getting into the wand damage nodes : WOW I just wreck shit. I like it even better than tornado shot.

Im using frost wall for rares and it works great once you get the hang of it. I need to add in an enfeeble gem to my CWDT setup.

Questions:

Would you reccomend switching to daressos even as a 4L? I think if I use projectile weakness I can maybe overcome the loss of the 5th link until I can get enough fuses to link it up (aiming for that 6L baby!)

Overall, love the build to death. So glad my flame totemer died so I could roll this. It feels very similar to tornado shot, but far more crittastic =)

EDIT: Im considering yolo exalting the imbued wand in hope for a flat ele prefix =).

Nice gear so far.
Keep your 5L rare until you 5L the Daresso's, and test Pierce instead of PPAD.

Exalt the wand if you like, only prefixes open and it's already really expensive to replace that wand, so I'd do it if you have exalts spare.

"
jbmcarth wrote:
Oos, I'm so sorry to hear about your death! You seem to be taking it well. I can't play hardcore leagues, because I don't think I have the type of mental stability to keep my shit together after a loss like that =/

The Frenzy-CoC-AM-GMP link works ok to curse stuff and generate frenzy charges, but I find myself forgetting to use it. I assumed AM would be basically necessary for a crit build due to the huge more multiplier, but the truth is that if I just position an opponent properly I can just shotgun them in no time at all. I'll give blood rage a try, but if I don't like it I'll probably just ignore frenzy charges altogether.

Now that you've greatly increased your appreciation for pierce, what do you say about the 5 points required to get 40% from tree (along with 20% increased projectile damage)? I'm thinking about taking those 5 points so that I can run PPAD as the 5th link and IIR as a 6th link. I also think I'm going to run IIR in HoI link.

Your 1700 evade shield was ridiculous! Do you happen to remember your evade % in that gear?

I just 5L'd my daresso's last night but I ran out of chromes trying to GGGBB it! Hopefully it'll be equipped soon!

As for my death, it's fine, that's why I play HC. I messed up so I can't be mad. Making mistakes is part of the game :D

Your Frenzy/CoC/AM setup is nice, but like you, I would be too lazy to keep it up all the time. I even skipped the 5th Frenzy charge in my tree because I wasn't keeping up my Frenzy 100% of the time.
Test out some other options and see what you think.

For pierce, I still don't think the nodes are that worth it. It;s 4-5 points that can be spent better elsewhere. Test them for yourself though, but I feel like the gem is enough.

Yeah my shield was nuts. I had 9800 evasion in town, 46% chance to evade (+46% dodge, 19% block). With my Jade flask I had 24000 evasion, 63% chance to evade. Shields are a great source of evasion.

Yeah colouring Daresso's is painful, the most efficient way is to use Vorici 1 Blue for 4 Chromes. Good luck.

"
Migdalin wrote:
Can somebody explain the Frenzy gem? It says "Attack, Melee, Bow," so it would never have occurred to me to use it with a wand as a ranged attack.

You can use it with any weapon as an attack. With melee weapons it's a normal melee attack, with bows/wands it creates a projectile.

"
Alabugin wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
Alabugin wrote:

You might end up with spell flat damage too, I'm not sure if your wand is even worth yolo exalting. Why not just use your 5L until you 5L your Daresso?

=) 5L with a 20 scraps and 1 random fuse like 3 hours after my last post!!! So excited, first time to 5L anything.

Ill probably yolo exalt anyway for the fun of it. I only play temp leagues, so after a month or so I go all out.

It took me like 200 chromes to get those colors though even using vorici 1 blue recipe.

Grats!

"
Radagastt wrote:

Alabugin's post is right, pick up some INT on the tree and gear. You might not be able to use it as exactly level 30, but later when you're more in to the Shadow tree you can respec some INT.
IGN: @Oos
Hey Oos,

Thanks for updating this build to 2.0 and posting about your experiences in Tempest league!

I'm trying something similar at the moment, doing a solo self-found Warbands play though using a Kinetic Blast Evasion based ranger.

I was wondering if you had any opinion of a variant of your skill tree that reached for Duelist nodes instead of investing so heavily in Witch areas?

Something like this perhaps?

Last edited by Jogar on Jul 28, 2015, 5:09:17 AM
"
Jogar wrote:
Hey Oos,

Thanks for updating this build to 2.0 and posting about your experiences in Tempest league!

I'm trying something similar at the moment, doing a solo self-found Warbands play though using a Kinetic Blast Evasion based ranger.

I was wondering if you had any opinion of a variant of your skill tree that reached for Duelist nodes instead of investing so heavily in Witch areas?

Something like this perhaps?

Duelist area is decent, but a lot of travel nodes, I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'd rather spend those points in Witch.
Also, as you're getting Acrobatics, the block nodes are very inefficient, you can spend those points elsewhere.
IGN: @Oos
Thanks for answering :)

"
Duelist area is decent, but a lot of travel nodes, I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'd rather spend those points in Witch.
Also, as you're getting Acrobatics, the block nodes are very inefficient, you can spend those points elsewhere.

It wasn't so much about the block, but more the added 190% evasion from shield I was after - that's a bunch if you can lay your hands on a nice shield like the one you are using. That was my thought anyway.

Also, you achieve a more balanced stat distribution from the tree, I haven't checked if that is necessary though, so it might be wasted in that sense.
I just switched over to KB (from split arrow). Luckily I had a Twyzel lying around. It was startling to see it wiping out stuff: level 1 gem, linked only with a level 1 LMP, and I was slaughtering stuff in the Docks.

I had the same issue as Radagast, but I took the +30 Int node, did some crafting, and managed to squeeze into the wand.

I'm seriously looking at picking up Primal Spirit. +23% mana, +20% mana regen, and +20 to Str and Int, plus some improved flask regen, for two passive skill points. Seems like that could take a lot of pressure off of gear requirements, especially in the mid levels.
IGN: Feihthaven
IGN: Vizthrin
"
Migdalin wrote:
I just switched over to KB (from split arrow). Luckily I had a Twyzel lying around. It was startling to see it wiping out stuff: level 1 gem, linked only with a level 1 LMP, and I was slaughtering stuff in the Docks.

I had the same issue as Radagast, but I took the +30 Int node, did some crafting, and managed to squeeze into the wand.

I'm seriously looking at picking up Primal Spirit. +23% mana, +20% mana regen, and +20 to Str and Int, plus some improved flask regen, for two passive skill points. Seems like that could take a lot of pressure off of gear requirements, especially in the mid levels.

I didn't want to give up Primal Spirit, the flask charges bonus is way too nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info