[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Hey Oos, great build, I'm about to start a character on Warbands.

One question,
Why don't you use any Golem?
zzz
"
Jogar wrote:
Thanks for answering :)

"
Duelist area is decent, but a lot of travel nodes, I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'd rather spend those points in Witch.
Also, as you're getting Acrobatics, the block nodes are very inefficient, you can spend those points elsewhere.

It wasn't so much about the block, but more the added 190% evasion from shield I was after - that's a bunch if you can lay your hands on a nice shield like the one you are using. That was my thought anyway.

Also, you achieve a more balanced stat distribution from the tree, I haven't checked if that is necessary though, so it might be wasted in that sense.

Ah, yeah in that case it could be worth it, will provide a lot of evasion if you have a good shield.

"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Hey Oos, great build, I'm about to start a character on Warbands.

One question,
Why don't you use any Golem?

I used Chaos Golem in Tempest.
You can use Ice Golem but it dies so often you're better off putting it in CWDT.
IGN: @Oos
What do you think about replacing CWDT with CwS? Setup would be lvl 20 gems with CwS-Immortal Call- Immortal Call-Increased Duration. The double IC helps with the 50% chance for CwS to actually function.

With 3 endurance charges, lvl 20 combo lasts 3.75 seconds, while using lvl 10 IC with 11 ID would only last 3 seconds. Since we have very little damage reduction, the types of hits that could kill us if they unluckily landed back to back are also the types of hits that would stun.

The reason I'm leaning towards this is because it seems more likely to leave the endurance charges up except when IC is actually needed. However, there's also a variable I don't understand, which is the 30% stun avoidance we get from our tree.

Any thoughts? I can test it later, but I'll need to level up the gems first.
Last edited by jbmcarth on Jul 28, 2015, 1:40:49 PM
I found one of these, it was easier to balance resists etc than the Daresso's, anyone else tried this chest?

Toad
"
Toadsticker wrote:
I found one of these, it was easier to balance resists etc than the Daresso's, anyone else tried this chest?

Toad

You don't really need increased duration on charges if you're generating frenzy charges with frenzy, and power charges with PCoC. How are you generating endurance charges? Are you planning on using CoDT and IC? Daresso's allows EXTREMELY easy use of CoDT + IC. The evasion on the chest is also kind of low.
I tried enduring cry, but it didn't seem to do enough. I currently have Warlord's Mark on CWDT.
I will keep trying the Daresso's, I had two drop, and don't have the currency to 5L them or buy a 5L one.

Toad
5L daresso's sell for ~2 ex on warbands. That amount of money comes in shockingly fast from just clearing lowish maps. You can also get pretty lucky on jewelers and fuses. I got my 5L in 5 jewelers and 50ish fuses at a time when I didnt have nearly the 2 ex required to buy a 5L. After you've geared yourself to a sustainable degree so that you can farm maps without dying much, you can just roll your map profits into the daresso's.

Let's be clear: you don't need daresso's or even a good 5L at all to clear maps quickly. While I chrome my 5L, i'm using this thing I bought for 2 chaos (already master crafted):

"
jbmcarth wrote:
5L daresso's sell for ~2 ex on warbands. That amount of money comes in shockingly fast from just clearing lowish maps. You can also get pretty lucky on jewelers and fuses. I got my 5L in 5 jewelers and 50ish fuses at a time when I didnt have nearly the 2 ex required to buy a 5L. After you've geared yourself to a sustainable degree so that you can farm maps without dying much, you can just roll your map profits into the daresso's.

Let's be clear: you don't need daresso's or even a good 5L at all to clear maps quickly. While I chrome my 5L, i'm using this thing I bought for 2 chaos (already master crafted):

Thanks for that helpful post. I have done a few ranger builds, and a few casters where it was more obvious what armor I wanted. The wanders are more complex, so I am still getting used to the idea of the three charges. I have gotten the idea that pure EV is better when you take the
acrobatics nodes because of the %50 reduction in ES and AR.Could someone share their experience
with that aspect of this build?

Toad
RIP level 86. Fired a few rounds into thornflesh and did not log out fast enough! (Probably should have picked up VP by then)

This is an insanely awesome build regardless. I think my issue was I got lazy because I was steamrolling content. Thanks Oos for an awesome wander build (finally got to play one!)
I have one question about wand. I'm currently on level 57.

My current wand is 133 DPS wand.

It has only 18% crit chance but I bought for 3 chaos so not so bad but it was so many levels ago...
Now I'm looking for new wand but people want 2 ex for 170 pDPS wand with crit and I'm thinking how much difference it could make if I will take high phys wand without crit but with physical dmg and AS?

I know that crit chance is important but crit is calculated based on weapon crit chance and wands have 8,75% crit basic so 20-30% should be so big difference if I can get 30% from just one passive node(or get extra from ring). Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info