[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
zaboleqqq wrote:
Can some explain me how it is possible to use Twyzel at lvl 30 as Ranger? All my jewels have +int or + all attributes and even after that I don't have enought INT to use it. Without INT nodes it is impossible and I think that I will start using KB after lvl 40 and till that moment just play as normal ranger with bow.

Or maybe there is some hidden way ;)?

kinda had the same problem but less extreme, i went for these two int nodes ( which can be refunded later when got the crit branch) to get the additional stats and get into the int part and the Life nodes up there faster. I just skipped the Crit Branch which is ur normal way up there since i play HC and prefered getting some more life nodes first

Last edited by minqzoid on Jul 23, 2015, 5:02:01 AM
Nice build!

I respect an Ranger level 77 and it is already extremely strong. I dare not imagine once taken the significant points for DPS & improved my gear.

Gear atm:

thanks!
Last edited by vick666 on Jul 23, 2015, 9:48:12 AM
"
Kuram wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
shizakos wrote:
Hey awesome build i was just wondering around what level should I replace twyzels?

Replace the Twyzel as soon as you can afford a better wand in the 150+ pdps category.

That's 80 pdps up to 150, pretty huge jump. You'll be doing shit damage all the way in between, kind of like I am now. I don't do enough damage for mana leech to actually be useful, so 4L or 5L is just crap for me since I can't even afford the mana cost.

Well, you can run mana leech in a 4L or 5L, or you can use elreon's jewelry. A quick search through the AH suggests that you should wait until 59 to upgrade. I searched for max pdps wands for under 5c (since this is a temporary upgrade) and changed the max level. If you want decent crit chance or just an open suffix to master craft one, you're looking at ~120 pdps, which imo prob isn't worth it. At 59, you can get ~150 pdps with crit or open suffix for the same amount.

But then again I'm mowing down cruel at 51 with twyzels, so I'm not exactly in a rush. I'm running all 3 heralds, and I'm absolutely abusing walls. That's been enough to make me feel absolutely OP, except against act 4 bosses, which apparently just got nerfed.
"
jbmcarth wrote:
I'm curious about stacking % dmg reduction modifiers instead of going evade/acrobatics. What about a witch build using lightning coil + MoM/EB? 3 heralds + AA would be 100% mana conserved. Lightning coil reduces dmg by 22.5% with 75% light res, MoM reduces dmg by 30%, and AA reduces dmg by 13%. So that's 47% damage reduction, assuming they're multiplicative. I apologize if I'm not interpreting the new way EB works properly. Without acrobatics, we're also getting the full benefit of block and the slight damage reduction from armor from lightning coil actually adds up a little.

You could do that, but you're probably gimping your damage a little for around the same defense.
The phys damage crys are over blown in my opinion. I'm level 87 in Tempest with this build and plan to do a full write-up when I'm 90.
With 50% evade, 46% dodge, 18% block, Daresso's and CWDT+IC it's all manageable. Oh, and 4% reduction from Chaos Golem too.

"
kaeus wrote:
I'm having an amazing time so far with this in Tempest at level 80 (almost 81). I keep hearing that later maps will be terrifying, but I'm up for the challenge. I got REALLY lucky with the wand (bought it at 20c and recrafted phys from 50% to 77% and yolo exalted Attack Speed 11%!) and got a 6L WAY earlier (less than 25 fusings!). Even with just the 5L I was BLASTING through mobs. I did have to play a bit conservative for a reflect map (13% ele) and the physical reflect map (12%) was even more difficult, but that is to be expected on a crit build.

Here is my current tree:

And my current gear:
Spoiler

Thanks a ton Oos, I've taken a lot from this in figuring out how I wanted to play!

Awesome gear. On my Tempest character I'm grabbing the Melding cluster for more HP because my damage is great already, you may want to consider the same.

"
Kuram wrote:
"
Oos wrote:

Ice Golem dies so much but you can try putting it on CWDT or something.

So do you recommend chaos, or fire for the damage buff? I thought Ice would be best for the crit buff.

Fire sucks. Use Chaos golem in HC for some more defense, or Ice if you want.

"
shizakos wrote:
Hey awesome build i was just wondering around what level should I replace twyzels?

If damage is falling off then just look for decent phys wands whenever you want. At 59+ there's breakpoint of a lot of high damage wands, so maybe hold out until then and buy a starter wand, or get one before if needed.

"
Nubshat wrote:
If I can get my power charges through Assassins Mark what would you recommend I link instead of Power Charge on Crit?

KB + GMP + Faster Attacks is required. Then I like Pierce and PCOC as my 4/5th link.
If you're replacing PCOC then add Phys Proj Damage. Then as 6L you can pick between Crit Damage or WED. I'd use WED.

"
zaboleqqq wrote:
Can some explain me how it is possible to use Twyzel at lvl 30 as Ranger? All my jewels have +int or + all attributes and even after that I don't have enought INT to use it. Without INT nodes it is impossible and I think that I will start using KB after lvl 40 and till that moment just play as normal ranger with bow.

Or maybe there is some hidden way ;)?

You might not be able to swap at exactly 30 as Ranger, but get an INT neck and the INT node between Ranger/Shadow.

IGN: @Oos
I'm currently using this build and it got a lot more fun once I got a twyzel. I have a few questions about end game equips:

1) Why is physical damage preferred for rings and amulets over crit chance?
2) I can't afford a maligaro's, but I can afford a thunderfist; would a good rare glove be better than a thunderfist?
3) Is it more important to get a good wand or the links for your KB? I can afford a 5 link daresso's defiance and a 160-170 pDPS wand, or should I get a 200 pDPS wand a 4 link armor?
4) Is it worth it to get a 200 pDPS wand with no local crit chance/useless mods? I'm assuming crit chance for spell and % lightning dmg does nothing for this build.
5) What primary rolls should you look for in jewels?
Last edited by essencevox on Jul 23, 2015, 4:00:40 PM
"
essencevox wrote:
I'm currently using this build and it got a lot more fun once I got a twyzel. I have a few questions about end game equips:

1) Why is physical damage preferred for rings and amulets over crit chance?
2) I can't afford a maligaro's, but I can afford a thunderfist; would a good rare glove be better than a thunderfist?
3) Is it more important to get a good wand or the links for your KB? I can afford a 5 link daresso's defiance and a 160-170 pDPS wand, or should I get a 200 pDPS wand a 4 link armor?
4) Is it worth it to get a 200 pDPS wand with no local crit chance/useless mods? I'm assuming crit chance for spell and % lightning dmg does nothing for this build.
5) What primary rolls should you look for in jewels?

1. You can use Diamond rings if you like, it's just usually cheaper and easier to find resist rings.

The perfect ring would look like:
-Diamond Base-
x-x Physical Damage
Weapon Elemental Damage
Life
Resist
Resist
Master Crafted Crit Chance.

As for amulets, you definitely want a great crit amulet. You can master craft crit chance so I usually look for life+phys dmg+crit multi, then craft crit chance myself.

2. Thunderfist is good but you can get a lot of utility out of rare gloves. Phys damage, attack speed, leech, life, all great. Thunderfist would be less damage than a great rare glove, but it does have the benefit of a 5L single target. Up to you but for the price you'll get more out of rare gloves.

3. "I can afford a 5 link daresso's defiance and a 160-170 pDPS wand, or should I get a 200 pDPS wand a 4 link armor?"
For sure buy the 5L+wand combo. Or buy the expensive wand and get a cheap 5L evasion piece to craft yourself. For maps a 5L will provide so much utility.

4. No, I'll copy what I said in the main topic about crit:
Spoiler
My current tree has 270% crit, lets round that up and say we have 30% crit chance on gear, so 300% increased crit chance total.

On a 8% base wand:
300 x 0.8 = 240, we that means we have 24% crit from tree + the 8% on wand.
That's 32% crit chance.

On a 10% base wand:
300 x 1 = 300, we that means we have 30% crit from tree + the 10% on wand.
That's 40% crit.

Now, this isn't even factoring in Power Charges and more crit chance from gear/tree.
With 6 power charges you're looking at a 56% crit chance (8% wand) vs 70% crit chance (10% wand).

You wont be able to tell your sheet dps when buying a new crit wand, but this build ramps up in damage when you have power charges because of the high crit and Fusillade.

Base crit is VERY important. Invest in the highest pDPS wand you can that also has crit. Before I'd suggest looking for wands with an open suffix to craft crit yourself (to get a cheaper wand), you can still do this but most sellers now know about this and you'll be paying the proper price.

Crit is very important and I'd rather have a 180pDPS wand with 10% crit than a 250pDPS wand with no crit.

5. Depends what league. I'd mostly look for %Life jewels and see what other mods they have that are of benefit, but you could just look for pure DPS jewel too. I don't know too much about the mods yet but anything that buffs crit/phys/projectiles etc.
IGN: @Oos
What is the main difference for ele wander vs physical wander? I've seen a few builds for each but i'm not sure which one i would want to go.
Is it better to get a 5L Daresso's Defiance or a 6L evasion chest until I can afford a 6L Daresso's?
So I'm 55 and waiting to equip my early endgame gear upgrades at 59. My plan is to just get a junk 1-2c 5L to run my KB in while I attempt to 5/6L my daresso's. Just switching to 5L KB is going to cause me slight mana problems that I hope my gloves can solve. In twyzel's 3L, I only spend 3 mana per shot on KB with my elreon's jewelry. With adding phys project attack dmg, PCoC, and GMP instead of LMP I'll be spending 15 mana on each shot. I'll also be heading in to merc, where I'll be wanting to switch out the elreon's jewelry, increasing that 15 by 7 or 8.

I feel like I'd rather run something else in place of Frenzy. I hate using it, because it just feels so much weaker than KB and I plan on using a spell totem-FC-frost wall 3L.

Is there any possible way to run Hatred, HoT, and HoI? If I had to choose, should I got hatred-HoI for lots of popping, or HoA + HoT/HoI/CoH/AM? If I go HoA + HoT/HoI/CoH/AM will I be able to switch out pcoc?
Huge Mana Problems. Gear and skills that im using, any suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info