[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Loving HoA + (HoT+HoI CoH AM).

20k+ on a 5L with a 150 dps wand.

This build is solid. My low life wander kinda died with 2.0 so I just slapped some gear together and tried this spec out on a ranger. POWERFUL! Getting around 71k+ dps with gmp and I have around 3900 life with tabula (close to 4500 with belly). Here is my gear for reference (my wand is dope)

I'm crit capped at 5 power charges with 90% accuracy and I'm thinking about respeccing for a 6th frenzy charge instead... however I'm currently leveling a wander on warbands using a twyzel, so I'm not sure I'll be playing standard any time soon. Anyway, thanks for the tree. It's a good starting place for any phys/life based wanders out there!
Last edited by xNuj on Jul 20, 2015, 11:42:27 PM
I am about to roll this build so i have a couple questions if you don't mind asking.
1)How is the leech in this build after the leeching changes?
2)Is GMP that great vs LMP?
3)Is atziri boots a viable defence option?
Thank you for taking your time to read this.
my attempt at a CI version:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBbUJoA_EEHsRDxEvEVAUsBXXGYoajxslHU8i6iT9J6kqCyo4Klssvy0fNbk2PTqtO3w-zz9zQzZHBkqaS65MLVAwUUdS7FWFVmNZvFxrX2pjQ2znbRltbG-EcFJwu3NweM559n5Zf8aCHoRIhq6MC42_j_qVIJcGmZqaYZuhn4iiBKKjpcunK6yYtMW1SLjKuXy95r46wQDBxcHzwnPC7MM6w23EosUozerOcNDQ0xvZW9sC2xrbXtvn34rnVOd06NbpAutj7BjssPLh8-r1S_Zb9tr25_fX-cj67_sJ_GT_HP_e

Thoughts?

I just kinda slapped this together, planning on doing it in warbands, would like some feedback
I just hit 31 and am using Twyzel. It's incredibly powerful, but i have to chug mana pots atm. Just a warning: twyzel takes pretty high int. Even with int rolls on most of your gear you'll need to be getting some of the passive int nodes. Here's the leveling route I recommend:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4DHgX5BiMILha_GY4fQSaVKgsyAVVLXfJh4m1scFJw1X11idOMNpcGmyabjbIZtUi748Siz3rTfud06Nbtg_Pq_ro=

I'm skipping 28% hp nodes, but I honestly don't feel like I need them. I'm also postponing the bottom right mana leech nodes because I know I'll have HoI/HoT/CoH/AM up and running before long. Those tempted me until I saw the int requirements of twyzel. The route above leads into 13 consecutive 10 int nodes. You can invest into these for several levels if necessary to ease off the gear restrictions imposed by trying to int up to use twyzel. When you're not starving for int, there's tons of juicy hp and charge nodes to dump into.

I really thought this build would come into its own at lvl 30, and it sort of did, but there are huge quality of life issues I'm having from bad sockets. For example, increased duration makes blood rage much more manageable; it's annoying to have to recast so often. A CoH setup like I described above would completely fix my mana issues but I'm not to act 2 cruel yet and the CoH my other char could buy was lvl 3 and required a lvl 42 char.
"
jbmcarth wrote:
I just hit 31 and am using Twyzel. It's incredibly powerful, but i have to chug mana pots atm. Just a warning: twyzel takes pretty high int. Even with int rolls on most of your gear you'll need to be getting some of the passive int nodes. Here's the leveling route I recommend:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4DHgX5BiMILha_GY4fQSaVKgsyAVVLXfJh4m1scFJw1X11idOMNpcGmyabjbIZtUi748Siz3rTfud06Nbtg_Pq_ro=

I'm skipping 28% hp nodes, but I honestly don't feel like I need them. I'm also postponing the bottom right mana leech nodes because I know I'll have HoI/HoT/CoH/AM up and running before long. Those tempted me until I saw the int requirements of twyzel. The route above leads into 13 consecutive 10 int nodes. You can invest into these for several levels if necessary to ease off the gear restrictions imposed by trying to int up to use twyzel. When you're not starving for int, there's tons of juicy hp and charge nodes to dump into.

I really thought this build would come into its own at lvl 30, and it sort of did, but there are huge quality of life issues I'm having from bad sockets. For example, increased duration makes blood rage much more manageable; it's annoying to have to recast so often. A CoH setup like I described above would completely fix my mana issues but I'm not to act 2 cruel yet and the CoH my other char could buy was lvl 3 and required a lvl 42 char.

i remedied the mana issue early with a spell totem that casts poachers mark and an >>>INSTANT<<< recovery mana flask
the herald of ice and curse on hit wasn't enough for me
What are you thoughts on using ice golem and blood rage?
I decided to just use elreon jewelry to reduce the mana cost of my 3L KB in twyzel. I've got -6 and -7 rings, and I want to try and get a decent -8 amulet as soon as I can afford to lose the int on my current ammy. This drops my 3L KB cost from 24 to 11 so far, and eventually to 3. With more links I may eventually run into mana problems again, but by then I should have enough dps and mana leech to sustain. I'll need base resist versions of the elreons rings with master crafted res all if I want to continue using this strategy in cruel/merc.

With a matching ammy, I'll no longer need to worry about KB mana cost in the 3L, so I can run all 3 heralds (currently only using HoI/HoT).

Btw, when I get my HoI/HoT/CoH/AM set up, could I ditch pcoc on KB, and maybe run it instead of crit multi in frenzy 4L? Or would that make it too much of a hassle to keep power charges up against bosses?

Edit: Some quick math suggests final cost of KB at 40 mana and 52 mana for 5L or 6L, respectively. Considering you're likely running ~200 or less unreserved mana, -8 or -16 or -24 off the cost is a significant dent. I may screw around with aug/regal on some -8 mana cost rings/amulets and see if I can make something awesome.
Last edited by jbmcarth on Jul 21, 2015, 4:40:09 PM
im going to make my KB Wanderer based on MoM/EB/ZO wish me luck
full eva is like a nono in POE:A
"
mali92 wrote:
hey, oos, and possibly any knowledgeable wand users

i'm going to use this build as my first build in tempest, was wondering why piercing shots wasn't taken to possibly free up a gem slot and maybe use slower proj instead, since it was changed?
i messed around with the tree a little and took out the 2 points behind revenge of the hunted and removed depth perception to take piercing shots
just wanna know if there is validity in this change

You can do that if you want. Chain gem is also an option. I just feel like the pierce nodes aren't that good on their own, and they cost 4 points in an already point heavy build.

"
Eternalwing wrote:
Thank you very much for the build and the guide.
I would like to ask something that came in my mind. Do you think Frost Wall would help this build vs Boss fights ? I mean if u could set the wall near the boss to proc the KB ?

Thank you for your time.

Ye Frost Wall is great when you can't kite them to a map wall.

"
jbmcarth wrote:
Quick question: is there any value to using geofri's crest for hatred/HoI? I imagine HoI/Hatred/Empower/Enlighten would be nice. Hatred doesn't really scale well with level, but HoI does.

You can try it, but you're better off with a high evasion/accuracy/hp helm. If you really wanted to scale +1 auras then you're better off using a wand with +2 cold gems. It can be hard to find them with good phys dps too, but it's worth looking out for.

"
diret56 wrote:
Hello Oos and thanks for the guide. I'm currently 78 in tempest as a shadow and doing well with the build. I had a few question concerning gear/gems.

1. Right now I'm using The blood dance. What are your thoughs on these?
2. I was getting a higher tooltip w/ power siphon instead of frenzy. Maybe I did something wrong? right now I'm using power siphon/crit dmg/faster attacks/phys proj - if I find out that frenzy is more damage then I guess the blood dance aren't worth it.
3. Can you rank these 3 for your ideal end game armor: lightning coil, belly of the beast, daressos
4. I was also getting a better tooltip when using wrath... This was without my WED. would wrath dps be higher if I had a phys proj slotted?
5. Do you use curse on hit HoI? I feel like that with assassins mark would be amazing.
6. Right now I'm using WED instead of pierce. How important is pierce in a 5 link?
7. Your thoughts on the rats nest?
Thanks in advance!

1. Blood Dance is good, I'd rather just keep up charges with Frenzy itself, but those boots offer great regen, use them if you like.

2. It might be because you're using Blood Dance and it makes Frenzy weaker. If you use Blood Dance then using Power Siphon for single is fine, Frenzy as an attack is mostly for the OP charges.

3. Daresso's > Light Coil > Belly.
Light Coil is great but very hard to gear for on this build. So I guess it;s more like Daresso's > Belly > Light Coil.
The latter two are very expensive/rare in temp leagues too.

4. Wrath is good, shocks too. Hatred will be better when you have better phys damage. Hatred also helps with HoIce shatters. Use whichever you prefer.

5. CoH HoIce is good for SC yeah. I prefer CWDT Enfeeble for HC. Use CoH if you like. I added mana leech to my HoIce this Tempest league.

6. In Tempest I'm using: KB + GMP + Faster Attacks + PCOC + Pierce. Use WED if you like though, it's a flexible build. I just really like pierce as a 5th link, helps a lot with aoe.

7. Rat's Nest is great, but rare/expensive now.

"
zenniboi wrote:
I am about to roll this build so i have a couple questions if you don't mind asking.
1)How is the leech in this build after the leeching changes?
2)Is GMP that great vs LMP?
3)Is atziri boots a viable defence option?
Thank you for taking your time to read this.

1. Leech is fine, people over reacted. In Tempest with bad gear I'm using just the Spirit Void cluster and doing fine. I added mana leech to HoIce but it's not needed.

2. Try both but GMP is better.

3. Yeah, they're great if you can get the resistance elsewhere.

"
Nubshat wrote:
What are you thoughts on using ice golem and blood rage?

Both good options. You don't have much regen for Blood Rage though, so watch out.
Ice Golem dies so much but you can try putting it on CWDT or something.

"
Sammael wrote:
im going to make my KB Wanderer based on MoM/EB/ZO wish me luck
full eva is like a nono in POE:A

Evasion is still strong.
IGN: @Oos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info