[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Updated my first post with my CI KB Build for those who are interested.
"
Hartree wrote:

Thanks man. Any reason why you didn't get the added cold/fire nodes in Elder Power cluster? You're using WED gem so they'll provide a lot more damage than the phys nodes.
and yeah those block/defense clusters are amazing for CI.
IGN: @Oos
"
Oosband wrote:
"
Hartree wrote:

Thanks man. Any reason why you didn't get the added cold/fire nodes in Elder Power cluster? You're using WED gem so they'll provide a lot more damage than the phys nodes.
and yeah those block/defense clusters are amazing for CI.

Yes those notes are better, will change it soon.
Last edited by Hartree on Jan 5, 2015, 7:02:53 PM

want to hit 10k dps rite now buff 8k
"
TheUglyDuck wrote:

want to hit 10k dps rite now buff 8k

You're not really utilising master crafting where you can. You should aim for a little more leech too.

Your wand lacks a local crit roll, this is extremely important. All your crit on tree/gear/charges is being scaled from the 8% crit, get a 10%+ crit wand and you'll hit your 10k goal. So although your wand has decent dps, it's lacking local crit. Upgrade your wand first. If you have enough currency buy one that's been Elreon master crafted.

Helmet is alright but accuracy is a little low, upgrade this last or just keep it.

Shield is ok but I'd swap it for a high evasion shield with better resistances, that will free up your resistance on other slots.

Rings are ok but you can get a lot of dps from this slot. After upgrading your shield for more res, look for rings with:
#-# phys damage roll, accuracy, attack speed, WED (maybe leech). + life and resistances of course.

Necklace is the same. Amulet is a very important slot for crit build, you can get so many crazy stats. I'd mostly aim for Life, crit multi, #-# phys damage roll, crit chance.

Gloves and boots are fine.

Belt is alright, can be blessed higher and you can roll WED roll on master crafting

Good luck.
Last edited by Oos on Jan 5, 2015, 7:06:41 PM
4 red sockets is death ><

^
"
Mookie88 wrote:
4 red sockets is death ><

Heya. I'm guessing you're relatively low level? Gear bases are mostly alright, evasion and ok life.
First you should get a 5L chest, then a new necklace and wand, make sure your wand has local crit.
Then the post above yours I replied to another guy, most of the same can be applied to you. But you're on the right track so good luck, hope you're enjoying it.

and yeah, getting 4R is hard, I'd suggest an evasion/armour hybrid piece (helm/boots/gloves), easier to roll the colours then. I got really lucky on my gloves.
Picked these up for 2c :D

^
Sorry for noobish question (thats really me - noob)

Which wand do you recommend for leveling 32-45 lvl?
Cannot find right examples on poe.trade :(
"
Hartree wrote:
EDIT: Some people asked, so here it is.

CI Kinetic Blast Build [HC]:
Spoiler

I specced my Shadow into a Wander and leveled quite some levels with worse ES Gear (for example Rainbowstrides, 350 ES Shield). After seeing how effective and fun this build is (It's the most fun build I've played so far), I sold my leg Kaoms and went crazy on buying the best gear I could find and craft it further. All I want to say is though that I am pretty sure that this build can be pulled of with lesser investment.

-KB Aoe DPS: Around 32k with 6 Power Charges and 3 Frenzy Charges
-10400 ES

With worse ES gear I had like 7500 ES which felt enough. I would not settle for way less though.

Spoiler

That's my current tree. This build is obviously the best as a Witch. You could skip those Phys Dmg Notes in the Shadow Area and put them into Piercing Shots or more ES notes.
Those Block Clusters I took are very strong. Look at the Command of Steel Cluster below Scion. It gives me 110% Increased Defences from equipped Shield = 597 additional Flat ES. Those Notes are the reason why I do not need Discipline which is pretty crazy for a CI build. Hatred and Herald of Ice are mandatory. Another 60% Aura would take quite some effort in the tree which is not worth it for me.

Some random notes:
-Getting a HIGH ES Shield with whatever suffixes is important
-For curse immune maps I swap in Power Siphon and Chain for Kinetic Blast and Faster Attacks, I would not get Power Charges otherwise (I could swap in pcoc for crit damage as well actually)
-Some boss fights are hard, for example Necro Merveil. Leeching is hard in there and you get constatly hit by random shit. That means your Energy Shield does not recharge. Same with Haku missions. Sometimes you just have to log out or portal out.
-I always have to make sure Blood Rage is on. Hitting a phys reflect pack without the 10% Leech from it can HURT. (0% chance to evade + 0 Armour)
-I do not have enough strength to level my Immortal Call further, optimal level would be lvl 17

Feel free to comment on all this.

Thank you, i was thinking about ci version and was curious about: 1. discipline, 2.freeze/stun, 3. str/dex, 4. non-blue sockets

So:

1) You have only hatred and herald of ice. Also you have 2%mana leech from ring and up to 6 from auxium. AND you've taken mana cluster near scion eva wheel.
I can see only 1 reason for that - MANA PROBLEMS
Is that true? For pure +%mana mana drinker is better - 20%mana and 2%leech for 2 points vs 16%mana and 20mana on kill for 3 points

2) Is auxium must have? Or rare +str+wed+es+resistances (plus ample/surgeon small flask of heat) can be better? However, rare belt has no manaleech, so it's actually part of first question

3) I was thinking about scion, came to this tree after reading about your build:
111points tree with conduit
it has a bit more es (160 vs 135) but less es from shield (80 vs 190) - less total es (in some cases it's better though, but those cases are unreal: if your shield gives less than 28% of es from other sources), but more damage nodes (eva wheel is useless for unwavering stance character, while ias% and proj dmg% nodes are usefull)
But! That's again a part of mana problems question (mana on kill cluster - is it must have?)
Last edited by alt0172 on Jan 6, 2015, 5:00:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info