[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
Mookie88 wrote:
Picked these up for 2c :D

Haha nice man.

"
mihalich wrote:
Sorry for noobish question (thats really me - noob)

Which wand do you recommend for leveling 32-45 lvl?
Cannot find right examples on poe.trade :(

http://i.imgur.com/MtnYpYk.png
http://poe.trade/search/iomoguhanyutar

That's the search I'd do, maybe increase the DPS.
It can be hard finding leveling wands if you want to level with KB, that's why I'd suggest just using spells because it's easier.
If you do want a KB wand then phys or ele dps doesn't matter, I leveled with a couple of ele wands, just make sure you swap to phys wand at 59+.
IGN: @Oos
Hello buddy i would appritiate if some one can help me a bit . I just started playing poe again after 6-7 mounts of rest :D . I started a shadow with wands and i was prety lucky to find some nice starting items but my tree is verry messy so i respect half of my points and now i am wondering wich build to follow - your life based build or the CI build ( i am playing torment) . I will post here some of my items and i would appritiate if some one can give me an addvice what to do :) Thank you in addvance :)

its not much but i have around 2 ex to spend for items . So what you guys would suggest me - follow your life build or the CI build ( again i am speaking for torment)

Thank you and hf guys ;)

tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EBwW1BiMHHgmgDkgPqxGWFLAWvxmKGo8fQSaVKgsqWy0fMHE2PTpCP3NDNkV8SVFLeEyzUDBS7FM1VUtVxlm8XfJfKmHiYqxjQ2qMbIxs521sb55wUnDVc3B3B3n2f8aCHoMJg9uHE4nTjAuMNpUglS6aYZu1nKSdqp-IoqOi2ac0sNi0xbVIuXzAnMHzwnPC7MM6xSjIFMpKznDUI92o44Tr5Oyw8NXz6vVv9lv22vbn-wk=
Last edited by XimisBg on Jan 6, 2015, 10:00:33 AM
"
XimisBg wrote:
Hello buddy i would appritiate if some one can help me a bit . I just started playing poe again after 6-7 mounts of rest :D . I started a shadow with wands and i was prety lucky to find some nice starting items but my tree is verry messy so i respect half of my points and now i am wondering wich build to follow - your life based build or the CI build ( i am playing torment) . I will post here some of my items and i would appritiate if some one can give me an addvice what to do :) Thank you in addvance :)

its not much but i have around 2 ex to spend for items . So what you guys would suggest me - follow your life build or the CI build ( again i am speaking for torment)

Thank you and hf guys ;)

tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EBwW1BiMHHgmgDkgPqxGWFLAWvxmKGo8fQSaVKgsqWy0fMHE2PTpCP3NDNkV8SVFLeEyzUDBS7FM1VUtVxlm8XfJfKmHiYqxjQ2qMbIxs521sb55wUnDVc3B3B3n2f8aCHoMJg9uHE4nTjAuMNpUglS6aYZu1nKSdqp-IoqOi2ac0sNi0xbVIuXzAnMHzwnPC7MM6xSjIFMpKznDUI92o44Tr5Oyw8NXz6vVv9lv22vbn-wk=

Hi there, we talked a little in game, but I'll expand here:

I cant see your gloves or amulet, so I'm not 100% sure of your aura setup.
CI wander needs a nice amount of currency to get started, so I'd suggest transitioning to my tree for now, then if you save up a lot of currency you can go CI, but either way you're going to need some tree changes and a whole new set of gear, and life/evasion gear will be cheaper now.

I'll start with the tree.
It may get worse for a little bit, but will be a lot better after.

http://i.imgur.com/uXU4Tvx.png
First respec these nodes, that will give us some points to work with.

http://i.imgur.com/LzVTf09.png
Then respec these nodes and you're set to be on the same tree as this build.

The only extra nodes you have now are Deep Thoughts, I'd suggest you keep them for now until you have good phys gear and can leech more.

So now, referring to the solo tree build guide:
http://i.imgur.com/GMiHnmM.png
For now I'd respec your tree to something like this:

As you get your next few levels, move down to the Herbalism and Ondar's Guille, then fill out the rest of the tree how you see fit. If you need more HP then get it, same with damage. I'd suggest grabbing Elder Power when you have a solid phys wand.

I mentioned this in game to you, but I'll say again, you'll probably want to drop HoAsh (keep leveling it though, you might want it later). and keep your HoThunder CoH setup.

As for your gear.
Some of it is nice, especially your chest and your ele wand.

Keep your chest for now, upgrade that last, but later you can sell that for profit.

I'd start with putting a master crafted movement speed roll on your boots, if you don't have a leveled Tora then ask in /global 5055 or ask a friend.

Now, your jewelry is very important for this build, read the first post about what I suggest, but for you I'd mostly look out for #-# phys damage, life, resistances and leech. Flat phys will help you with damage and leech.
On your amulet you want those stats and crit. This can get expensive but it's worth investing in a good amulet, it;s the second most important slot (after wand).

Then buy new gloves, you said you didn't list them because they were just 4L blue. Evasion based, with life, resistances, then you can get dps rolls like: #-# phys, attack speed, accuracy and even leech.

Your helmet is nice, upgrade this last. But get evasion based, life, resistances and accuracy.

You didn't list your belt, get life + resistance belt, then later aim for a Rustic with WED too.

Your wands are alright. You can sell the ele one for a decent amount. But invest in a good phys wand with local crit roll. This is very important. Then with the Elder Power cluster you'll do high damage. Duel wield them for now until the rest of your gear is sorted, mostly fix your jewelry first and get new gloves/belt so you can shuffle your resistances around on other gear easier.

Then you can get a great evasion, life, resistances shield.

I think that's everything.

You PMed me saying you're interested in CI version too. If you want to aim for that then see the post that Hartree wrote on the first page, it has his tree and example gear.
Most of what I suggested above can be applied to the CI version, just use high ES versions of gear instead of evasion.
However, this is more expensive and harder for you on limited funds.
But follow his tree if you want, and use Eye of Chayula until you have Unwavering Stance.
I'll let Oosband answer the top post, but just wanted to say I've been trying out this build on a spare Shadow that I originally had as an elemental bow type league and since he had a free respec, I figured I'd try this out. I have to say that Kinetic Blast has been a lot of fun to play around with and I am really glad that GGG gave physical wand users something else other than Power Siphon to mess around with. In fact, this is my first wand build and so far it's been a blast (no pun intended). I've been toying around with some ideas and the like and while I haven't settled on anything concrete as of yet, here's my tree and gear. Do pardon some of the gems in the gear...leveling them up for later use on other characters and this one:

Current Gear
Spoiler

Current Passive Tree

While I know the gear is probably a bit more on the higher side, I nevertheless am still debating some pieces and looking some slightly better ones like a helm and the like. That said, I decided to try out a few different things on this build over the past two days and those are:

1. Using Blood Rage and getting a little more Chaos Resist to help counter it.
2. Dropping Herald of Ash for Vitality to help with #1.
3. Changing my gem setup for Kinetic Blast to include Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark.

The main reason for Blood Rage is the fact that even with the Chaos damage degen, I am still getting 8%+ Life Leech from physical damage along with the 2% from the tree. Couple that with the high damage I do and the Atziri gloves and that's a pretty solid amount of leeching coming back to heal me. Even without the crit leech healing 10%+ LL is not bad at all and leaves me free to not need it on other gear like my rings and amulet. Couple that with the 3 Frenzy Charges I have up for a bit of an attack speed boost and it's well worth the degen it has...just have to be a bit more on top with using life flasks as needed in a Vulnerability map. I did consider the Blood Dance boots since that would give me more life regen per Frenzy Charge and I could keep that up fairly easily instead of the Vitality aura. However, they are too much of a defensive drop in terms of resists that I need as well as life, but perhaps in the future I could consider those.

The other big change is in my gem setup for Kinetic Blast, which for me is: KB > GMP > FA > PPAD > CoH > Assassin's Mark

At first I was running PCoC and Added Fire Damage (red socket also allowed me to switch in a LL gem on physical reflect maps), but then I considered Assassin's Mark + CoH and managed to get the colors on the chest piece to try it out. It might seem like a tooltip DPS loss (and it is), but I've learned long ago to not give the tooltip much sway over my decisions, and I am glad for that. By using the CoH setup, I am more than able to maintain 6 Power Charges, get the benefit of additional CHC, and more importantly the 'More Extra Damage from Critical Strikes', which a very nice multiplier in an of itself. I've found that it was well worth the initial loss of DPS, and it had one extra benefit...less mana required to use Kinetic Blast. Since the CoH + Curse combo doesn't add any multipliers to the attack, I save about 20+ mana per attack and still get something that packs a huge punch.

You might be wondering what I do on 'Immune to Curses' maps and the like...pretty simple. I just switch back to PCoC and either 'Added Chaos Damage' on a physical reflect map, or ICD for everything else. IMHO, I think GGGBBB is the most flexible setup for this skill, at least in this type of build, although GGGBBR is also quite nice since again you can use a LL gem for physical reflect maps and then with PCoC and Added Chaos you're maintaining Power Charges and using some non-reflectable damage to allow some additional leeching even if you're not scaling it.

As far as my single target skill, it's good ol' Power Siphon and I might recolor my boots to get GGBR so I can have either Added Fire/Life Leech, especially the latter in physical reflect maps. Power Siphon is quite strong, but it's also incredibly dangerous to use in PR maps since it can nearly one-shot me, and I already have enough CHD multiplier to feel more than comfortable with taking out packs and single target...don't need anymore to reflect back to me. :p Since my wand offers the colors, I may try and level up a Lightning Warp gem with Faster Casting and Reduced Duration for some additional movement skill and because I can't think of anything else to shove in there. :p

So yeah, that's the overall gist of my variant on this build, which again, I am finding to be extremely fun to play.
So, is filtering by "dps or pdps" simply not enough.. that's what I was doing. The crit chance isn't factored into that eh? how are we to know how much of a dps increase it'll give us w/o dropping like.. an exalt+ : (

I bought
for 8c knowing it was a bit slower but according to poe.trade gave me a massive dps increase. So, ya.. anyway to factor in crit or do we just assume the leap from 8% to 10+ is gg dps wise
^
"
Tanakeah wrote:
cut to save space, read above

Damn dude, nice gear.
At first I was a little puzzled by the CoH choice, but it really makes sense actually, especially when you have a crazy wand. The Assassin's Mark multiplier is pretty crazy. I may test it out myself. Make sure you quality both gems later if you stick with that setup, will add a lot more damage.
Alternatively you could use HoThunder and CoH in that. It's not quite as reliable and more gem slots, but it allows you to buff your 6L KB higher.

As for Blood Rage, will be great if you can fit it in, I'd say using The Blood Dance is a much better option than using Vitality aura though. You may lose some defense but if you can shuffle your resistances around then then instant life leech will more than make up for it. It is quite hard to drop though boots though.

Let me know what you settle on, I like your variation.

"
Mookie88 wrote:
So, is filtering by "dps or pdps" simply not enough.. that's what I was doing. The crit chance isn't factored into that eh? how are we to know how much of a dps increase it'll give us w/o dropping like.. an exalt+ : (

I bought
for 8c knowing it was a bit slower but according to poe.trade gave me a massive dps increase. So, ya.. anyway to factor in crit or do we just assume the leap from 8% to 10+ is gg dps wise

Yeah this is a good post, and it's hard for me to accurately explain.
When searching for wand upgrades, there's two methods.
I'd search for something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/Ft8EbeM.png
And find a good crit wand that way.

OR

I'd search for a non crit wand:
http://i.imgur.com/Ranf2uf.png
Then look so see what's listed and make sure it has an open suffix. You can snipe cheaper wands this way, just make sure they have an open suffix that you can master craft crit onto (22-27% crit is 4 alch). If you're on Bloodlines I have level 7 Tora and can reroll this mod for you if needed.

In both searches change the pDPS to suit your budget.

Now, as for attack speed and crit rolls:

Attack speed is important because later on, we will have enough damage to one shot packs of monsters when we crit, so we want to be able to attack and move as fast as possible, increasing your clear speed.
The wand you bought is fine, and a decent price for 8c, but it's more suited to a burn prolif wander (where they require one massive hit). For this build it's important to attack and move fast to clear maps faster.
Don't feel down on your purchase though, that's a decent wand for now.

As for the crit roll.
My current tree has 270% crit, lets round that up and say we have 30% crit chance on gear, so 300% increased crit chance total.

On a 8% base wand:
300 x 0.8 = 240, we that means we have 24% crit from tree + the 8% on wand.
That's 32% crit chance.

On a 10% base wand:
300 x 1 = 300, we that means we have 30% crit from tree + the 10% on wand.
That's 40% crit.

Now, this isn't even factoring in Power Charges and more crit chance from gear/tree.
With power charges you're looking at a 56% crit chance (8% wand) vs 70% crit chance (10% wand).

It really adds up. You wont be able to tell your sheet dps when buying a new crit wand, but this build ramps up in damage when you have power charges because of the high crit and Fusillade.
I hope that was clear, I'll add this to the main post, thanks for the good question.
Now that I think about it, I COULD run the Purity of Elements aura instead of Vitality...same mana cost and the extra elemental resists would be helpful. There is also the idea of using ye olde Leather Belt with life and tri-resist rolls instead of Headhunter, but Headhunter is sooooooo hard to drop in a physical life build because of how nice its special property is. Though if I did use the boots I could pick up an extra Frenzy Charge in the tree route I'm currently going with so that would be 4 total for 4.00% life regen. Will definitely have to try that out and see if it is worth it and make up the life elsewhere.

I do also agree that my CoH idea is better suited for a higher damaging wand and for others PCoC and something else like Added Fire, Pierce, or ICD would yield better returns.
So if local crit is factored into tooltip.. these 2 wands have nearly identical dps on the tooltip; is there any reason to use one over the other? one was 8 chaos another, my friend, is asking for 2 exalts.

Is there something I'm missing, I know you explained.. I'll be critting more with the 10%+ therefore higher dps or.. no?

^
"
Mookie88 wrote:
So if local crit is factored into tooltip.. these 2 wands have nearly identical dps on the tooltip; is there any reason to use one over the other? one was 8 chaos another, my friend, is asking for 2 exalts.

Is there something I'm missing, I know you explained.. I'll be critting more with the 10%+ therefore higher dps or.. no?

I think with faster wand gameplay will be more "smooth" - more constant crits agains occasional with slower 8%crit wand

10% is 1/4 more than 8. So doesn't matter how you build your tree power charges etc., you'll have 1/4 more crits with 10% (unless you hit cap, which is likely not possible with 8%)

More crits = more special things like status ailment, flask recharge, PCoC triggering
Last edited by alt0172 on Jan 6, 2015, 4:53:40 PM
"
Mookie88 wrote:

Yeah like alt0172 said, those two wands have similar calculated dps, but the higher attack speed and crit chance makes the Imbued better for this build.

Ask your friend if you can borrow his Imbued for a map and see for yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info