[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

how much unreserved mana do you have?
and what is your physical damage? xxx-xxx
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
am I missing something or would your increased duration not work with your CWDT?
^
"
Mookie88 wrote:
am I missing something or would your increased duration not work with your CWDT?

CWDT only has the level requirements applying to active skill gems, which is why you need to keep Immortal Call and Enduring Cry at or below the current level you have it at. Support gems like Increased Duration, Empower, Enhance, etc, etc, are not bound by the level restriction and their bonuses apply to the active gems without penalty.
I added some updated dps screenshots to the main post, also going to upload another video later.
edit: uploaded the new shipyard video. I updated my gear and tree a little, so I clear faster and it's a better demo of the build.
The other Shipyard video is good too though, shows exiles and 2 phylateral links.

I'd consider the guide complete at this point. Thanks to those who have helped.

"
Madcow1120 wrote:
how much unreserved mana do you have?
and what is your physical damage? xxx-xxx

Unreserved mana is 148, and 43 mana cost on 6L.
I dropped Mind Drinker though (because of 2% mana leech on gloves), so I have no mana nodes. If you have Mind Drinker you should have a larger mana pool.

As for phys damage.
In my hideout with no charges up it says 497-1020 physical on Kinetic Blast.
1029-2113 on Power Siphon.

Updated dps screenshots with 6 charges showing tooltip too:
http://i.imgur.com/XiyyOtn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zEvHN4b.jpg

"
Mookie88 wrote:

Tanakeah nailed it.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Jan 6, 2015, 7:38:49 PM
"
alt0172 wrote:
"
Hartree wrote:
EDIT: Some people asked, so here it is.

CI Kinetic Blast Build [HC]:
Spoiler

I specced my Shadow into a Wander and leveled quite some levels with worse ES Gear (for example Rainbowstrides, 350 ES Shield). After seeing how effective and fun this build is (It's the most fun build I've played so far), I sold my leg Kaoms and went crazy on buying the best gear I could find and craft it further. All I want to say is though that I am pretty sure that this build can be pulled of with lesser investment.

-KB Aoe DPS: Around 32k with 6 Power Charges and 3 Frenzy Charges
-10400 ES

With worse ES gear I had like 7500 ES which felt enough. I would not settle for way less though.

Spoiler

That's my current tree. This build is obviously the best as a Witch. You could skip those Phys Dmg Notes in the Shadow Area and put them into Piercing Shots or more ES notes.
Those Block Clusters I took are very strong. Look at the Command of Steel Cluster below Scion. It gives me 110% Increased Defences from equipped Shield = 597 additional Flat ES. Those Notes are the reason why I do not need Discipline which is pretty crazy for a CI build. Hatred and Herald of Ice are mandatory. Another 60% Aura would take quite some effort in the tree which is not worth it for me.

Some random notes:
-Getting a HIGH ES Shield with whatever suffixes is important
-For curse immune maps I swap in Power Siphon and Chain for Kinetic Blast and Faster Attacks, I would not get Power Charges otherwise (I could swap in pcoc for crit damage as well actually)
-Some boss fights are hard, for example Necro Merveil. Leeching is hard in there and you get constatly hit by random shit. That means your Energy Shield does not recharge. Same with Haku missions. Sometimes you just have to log out or portal out.
-I always have to make sure Blood Rage is on. Hitting a phys reflect pack without the 10% Leech from it can HURT. (0% chance to evade + 0 Armour)
-I do not have enough strength to level my Immortal Call further, optimal level would be lvl 17

Feel free to comment on all this.

Thank you, i was thinking about ci version and was curious about: 1. discipline, 2.freeze/stun, 3. str/dex, 4. non-blue sockets

So:

1) You have only hatred and herald of ice. Also you have 2%mana leech from ring and up to 6 from auxium. AND you've taken mana cluster near scion eva wheel.
I can see only 1 reason for that - MANA PROBLEMS
Is that true? For pure +%mana mana drinker is better - 20%mana and 2%leech for 2 points vs 16%mana and 20mana on kill for 3 points

2) Is auxium must have? Or rare +str+wed+es+resistances (plus ample/surgeon small flask of heat) can be better? However, rare belt has no manaleech, so it's actually part of first question

3) I was thinking about scion, came to this tree after reading about your build:
111points tree with conduit
it has a bit more es (160 vs 135) but less es from shield (80 vs 190) - less total es (in some cases it's better though, but those cases are unreal: if your shield gives less than 28% of es from other sources), but more damage nodes (eva wheel is useless for unwavering stance character, while ias% and proj dmg% nodes are usefull)
But! That's again a part of mana problems question (mana on kill cluster - is it must have?)

Hey

1) Yes, Hatred and Herald of Ice are mandatory for a Phys Wander. Using Discipline would take quite a big effort in skill points, it is not easy to pull off. In the end it doesn't give me that much Energy Shield. Instead of Discipline I rely on "Increased Defences from equipped Shield" notes, because they give me way more flat ES than Discipline with smaller effort. (That's why high ES Shield is important).
With 6 Power Charges I have 8% Mana Leech already. Mind Drinker does not help me then, because my Mana leech rate is already capped. Before I took this "Mana on Kill" cluster, I had to carry a Mana Pot. These notes make game play way smoother, it is instant Mana on Kill and not like Mana Leech Mana over time. Try it out yourself is my suggestion.

2)Auxium is no must have, but it is best in slot for this build. You could use a rare belt with strength/es/wed/res and Dream Fragments or Wanderlust to not get frozen that often. Depending on your damage output, I would try to get 2% or 4% Mana leech if you can't get your hands on an Auxium. (2% on jewellery and/or Mind Drinker for example)

3)Your tree looks very good, go for it. Only thing I see is you do not have the Command of Steel Block cluster below Scion. You dont have reduced Mana reserved notes either, so you can not run Discipline. The Command of Steel Cluster gives me 597 Flat Energy Shield and 4% Block which is crazy good. So if you struggle to get like 7k ES you will need this cluster.

And yes, non-blue sockets are a real problem. Vorici and a "chromatic probability calculator" help to make the best decisions. (just google chromatic calculator)
Last edited by Hartree on Jan 6, 2015, 10:12:49 PM
"
Hartree wrote:
Hey

1) Yes, Hatred and Herald of Ice are mandatory for a Phys Wander. Using Discipline would take quite a big effort in skill points, it is not easy to pull off. In the end it doesn't give me that much Energy Shield. Instead of Discipline I rely on "Increased Defences from equipped Shield" notes, because they give me way more flat ES than Discipline with smaller effort. (That's why high ES Shield is important).
With 6 Power Charges I have 8% Mana Leech already. Mind Drinker does not help me then, because my Mana leech rate is already capped. Before I took this "Mana on Kill" cluster, I had to carry a Mana Pot. These notes make game play way smoother, it is instant Mana on Kill and not like Mana Leech Mana over time. Try it out yourself is my suggestion.

2)Auxium is no must have, but it is best in slot for this build. You could use a rare belt with strength/es/wed/res and Dream Fragments or Wanderlust to not get frozen that often. Depending on your damage output, I would try to get 2% or 4% Mana leech if you can't get your hands on an Auxium. (2% on jewellery and/or Mind Drinker for example)

3)Your tree looks very good, go for it. Only thing I see is you do not have the Command of Steel Block cluster below Scion. You dont have reduced Mana reserved notes either, so you can not run Discipline. The Command of Steel Cluster gives me 597 Flat Energy Shield and 4% Block which is crazy good. So if you struggle to get like 7k ES you will need this cluster.

And yes, non-blue sockets are a real problem. Vorici and a "chromatic probability calculator" help to make the best decisions. (just google chromatic calculator)

Thanks again. Well, if mana on kill and es from shield clusters are so good, then witch is the best start (only 3 points to link "vaal pact" part of tree with "crit-es" one)

Have you tried knockback (fending) cluster near unwavering stance? life based wanders are too far from it (i'm too far too, because at this moment my witch is 1 lvl).
Or knockback will cause desync?

Have you considered using a meginord's girdle for the dps boost and life?
"
Bflo121 wrote:
Have you considered using a meginord's girdle for the dps boost and life?

Ah yeah, that's a solid option to begin with. On old crit characters Meginord's Girdle is good at the start but when you have good gear a solid rustic belt with WED roll will out perform it. But it's a great for the first 75 levels.
IGN: @Oos
Had to pop in and thank you for your guide.
Currently lvl 60 in bloodlines, the damage is quite frankly the biggest joke ive ever seen in poe, I oneshot just about any pack.

I picked this wand up at 59 for 20 chaos, do you think its worth exalting? I'm leaning towards no.

My one issue as of now is my low hp (2.3k), I guess I'll have to prioritize getting a 5L belly asap.

"
Haggisahh wrote:
Had to pop in and thank you for your guide.
Currently lvl 60 in bloodlines, the damage is quite frankly the biggest joke ive ever seen in poe, I oneshot just about any pack.

I picked this wand up at 59 for 20 chaos, do you think its worth exalting? I'm leaning towards no.

My one issue as of now is my low hp (2.3k), I guess I'll have to prioritize getting a 5L belly asap.

I wouldn't exalt the wand personally as you cannot have another prefix to up the damage potential. At best you could get either attack speed or critical striker multiplier, but odds are not in your favor of getting those and instead something else less appealing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info