[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Thanks everyone for the info and participation. This is a great thread. :-)
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
"
Rogueweapon wrote:

Really enjoying this build , This ranger, level 82 , I used the free respec from the patch and most of this gear was laying around unused in my stash

Only spent a few chromes and fuses to link and color slots as needed and some of the gems like kinetic blast I started from level 0 just today

Working pretty well have to say on 66 - 67 maps even with this low level gear

Cant wait till the gems level up and 5L the belly of the beast chest , this can only get better :):)

Damn dude, you're gonna have a lot of fun when you find a good wand. Cant believe you're using Moonsorrow lol.
You need new boots, jewelry, wand first. Then you can slowly upgrade the rest (Rat's Nest is fine though).
Glad you're enjoying yourself, keep me updated.

"
Kampfhuhn87 wrote:
Hello together :-)

Started new in Torment with this build 1 1/2 Weeks ago. Worked fine so far - even with cheap gear during leveling. Makes really fun. Right now i'm lvl82 and maps till 75 (haven't tested higher yet) work pretty well. I just feel lacking a bit on singletarget dps (in open fields).
But packs just go "boom" offscreen - freaky ;-)

2 Days ago i was able to multicraft myself a (for me) decent wand. Next step will be a 6L now.
Just don't know if i should go rare / belly / carcass yet.

I modified the passive tree a bit to fit my personal preference - i skilled some more accurarcy and pierce.
If i get a 6L i'll try out if WED or inc. critdmg works better for me.. will see.

Stats right now:
3.85k life / maxres
11.3k KB dps (with 6 charges, nothing else)
92% chance to hit.

my gear:
Spoiler

my tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EBwW1BiMI9AmgDkgRlhSwFr8fQSP2JP0mlSoLKlstHzBxMHwyATY9OkI_c0M2SppLeEyzTZJQMFFHUuxVS1XGWbxd8mHiYqxjQ2pDaoxrF2yMbOdtbHBSc3B59n11f8aCHoPbjAuMNo19jb-VIJphmyadqp-IogSio6LZo4qkeLDYshm0xbVIuXy86sBUwcXB1cHzwnPC7MUoyBTOcM96037UI92o3vjjhOdU6NbssO4O73rz6vVv9lv25_rv_GT-uv_e

Suggestione or critics for improvments are welcome.

best regards

edit: thinking of trying HoI + curse on hit out.. how good does it work? Thought of assasins mark as curse.

Really nice gear mate, good job. Gonna be hard for you to find upgrades, so next step is 6L chest and 20/20 gems. As you level the nodes on the tree will buff you up higher too. You can probably do 20k GMP dps with a 6L and level 90.

"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
Great Build.

Just a hint: I am levelling with Split Arrow and Barrage together with a Death Harp. Yeah, quite easy with same nodes as for a standard Archer Build.
I died only 2 times due to boxes and with really bad gear. But clearing and levelling ist still fast enough. Will switch to wand when I hit the mid 50s. So I spare spending chaoses on wands ...

My Gear:
Spoiler

BTW:

is this wand ok for this build or too slow?

Ah yeah, good idea. You can probably use more of the Kinetic Blast gems to buff your split arrow. PPD and PCoC will help.

The wand is a little slow but it's a great starter wand, will serve you fine in low maps. Faster wands are just more fun to use, and you can kite easier. But you can still do very well with slow wands.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Feb 18, 2015, 1:44:09 PM
Oos:
I have a tornado-Ranger at 89 who has most Gems I need at 20/20. Just have to level up. ;)

The wand I will test and see. Maybe it will work ...

Thx for replying. Nice you take the time to read all the posts here. :D
since you guys post your kinetic wanders progress, i thought of sharing mine as well. just today i switched to wanding,at 49 lvl. i dont know how to link my equipment and tree. Basically i levelled with lightning tendrils which is overpowered, and i got lucky buying a wand from catarina with 115 pdps, 9.5% crit,1.3 atk speed, for 49 lvl, so thats why i switched. I regret with the free regret points all the elemental nodes, and picked more hp and evasion. definitely im losing a lot of damage, but i didnt think rushing for fusillade or elder power was worth more than survivability. With tendrils i was at 2,300 dps, now with the phys wander i got 650 lmp kinetic blast and 1,3k single target(powe siphon, 3 linked gonna switch to 4l @51 lvl),i picked the +2 power charges asap thoough. So now its all about levelling,getting hp and eventually the wand dps skills mentioned before. I got no big mana problems(i currently use lmp and have gmp on offslot levelling,i doubt i will be able to sustain gmp properly) , i got a wurms molt and run hatred + herald of ice, while leveling herald of ash and grace at off slots. I have to say that right now the build isn't all that strong, but i was expecting that, since i need lvls, passives and other stuff to scale, but the feel is nice, a lot nicer than tendrils. I have to mention i get some problems with desync since i use belly of the beast, the extra gore causes them i suspect. I will post my equipment and passives when i find out how to do so, and if anything worth mentioning happens while im leveling i will inform you as well.

Tips so far:
-the lvl1 weapon you get in the begining is amazing for off hand to level gems like kinetic blast asap, buy another one from targleich with 3 sockets for 1 id scroll and there you go!
-use quicksilver flasks!
-pray to rng god, i did so and dropped a cwdt on cruel act3 sewers!
-be nice to other people, come on!

thank ooz for this awesome guide, i would never try kinetic blast without it i would stick to old school ps!

I love the build, most fun I have had in a while. Everything melts and it is so satisfying to see everything shatter with HoIce. I died in bloodlines the other day and I had a lvl 70 shadow with a free respec sitting around on permHC so I decided to try it out. Been running 72 maps with ease, a bit yolo though with only 3.8k life but going to try and get a 5l belly. Still need to get a better wand but the damage is good enough for 72 maps atm.

Last edited by SOKShadow on Feb 19, 2015, 9:30:51 PM
I think I will be starting a new shadow KB toon today or this weekend. Mainly due to the fact that I hit my ultimate goal for this league and ran uber. Got amazingly lucky, finished my fourth ever uber run and there were waiting for me at the end :)

I might just use them with this build. First ever pair so they will be well taken care of :D
Last edited by runnin17 on Feb 20, 2015, 7:51:37 AM
"
runnin17 wrote:
I think I will be starting a new shadow KB toon today or this weekend. Mainly due to the fact that I hit my ultimate goal for this league and ran uber. Got amazingly lucky, finished my fourth ever uber run and there were waiting for me at the end :)

I might just use them with this build. First ever pair so they will be well taken care of :D

god how much i wish i had a pair of these.... well done mate!
Alright I've been doing this build for the last month and finally getting around to posting my gear. I had a LS ranger before that had trouble with many maps/mods, but the wander has better survivability and more enjoyable. I'm still leveling my gems, but I believe my tooltip is around ~5.2 KB with all charges and 4.5k hp. =]

I'm still looking for better rings with stats so I can reinvest three of my skill points into other areas. I took EB because I needed the larger mana pool, but I know that one point is worth it. I got the 6L early at lvl ~54. I had a ~200 jewelers and ~150 fuses and got lucky. =D. It only took 4 chroms for 4G2B. I just need to upgrade my wand and jewelry mainly.
"
runnin17 wrote:

Grats man! Gonna be fun with Acuity.

"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:
Alright I've been doing this build for the last month and finally getting around to posting my gear. I had a LS ranger before that had trouble with many maps/mods, but the wander has better survivability and more enjoyable. I'm still leveling my gems, but I believe my tooltip is around ~5.2 KB with all charges and 4.5k hp. =]

I'm still looking for better rings with stats so I can reinvest three of my skill points into other areas. I took EB because I needed the larger mana pool, but I know that one point is worth it. I got the 6L early at lvl ~54. I had a ~200 jewelers and ~150 fuses and got lucky. =D. It only took 4 chroms for 4G2B. I just need to upgrade my wand and jewelry mainly.

Good shit. I'd upgrade wand first. I guess get new rings if you need stat points, but your rings are decent already so might be hard to beat them + stats. You can get a lot more out of your glove slots too. But nice gear, good luck.
IGN: @Oos

My gear so far, really enjoying this build. Only thing that I've had trouble with so far is finding a better wand on bloodlines. Grats on BOTW!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info