[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

As requested, gear: Keep in mind this is very far from being any of my primary characters, so forgive the absolutely laughable gear and lack of anything over 4L. Also, I've been planning on switching from HoT to HoI and possibly adding Prolif to HoA (though the burn is already ridiculously strong). Not sure about Hatred over Wrath.. that's my next thing to try. At lower levels Wrath was definitely better, but the scaling on Hatred might have caught up by now.

And here's my current build plan. Still missing a lot of it on my actual character, so expect it to change over time. If I can make Power Siphon work for me (never been a big fan), I'll take Fusillade. Since I haven't been using it, my bandits were Oak - Oak - Kill All. If you get mana leech on gear, drop Mind Drinker and take the last two Eva + HP nodes. Not sure which is better, Blast Radius or Arcane Focus (haven't picked up either yet), it may end up being personal preference. Can't go wrong putting those points in Heartseeker, too. I make no claims to optimisation - definitely room for tons of tweaking and improvement.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNgYjH0EDHrVI8-pwUioLidNw1V3yDkjjhMCcpzQ2PWyMnapirLTFOq1vhP8cwuwFtSpbgl5S7I2_mybo1s96shkyAVFH7LC5fIwLMHwj9o19TZJMYKOKPeLXy3iuSO7Tfn11_rq748SiAF4Zju2DCC6bjX8r1op_xhGWSVHw1ZUuBx7BxYhC9HFDVB3Zgh4UsPbnn4hzcMJzmmHOcAmgbOfHyslEvu7B8_rv_GRKmqIEV4eVIGsXvOrAVGpDCPQtH0yzBAdVxoPbOlg9X1JTl5VZvPZbxShCSw==
Last edited by MaraWuti on Feb 17, 2015, 12:41:06 AM
Just did some testing with LMP and GMP and I can confirm that GMP is slightly better than LMP or single-shot, but not by enough to make single-shot entirely obsolete. GMP definitely does a little more damage in tight spaces thanks to shotgunning/rebounding off walls, but mostly it's a matter of ease-of-use thanks to needing much less precision/positioning.

In the end, I think it really comes down to personal playstyle preference - does the player prefer carpetbombing everything to oblivion, or playing a precise long-range sniper? Both seem to work and are undeniably fun as hell.
Last edited by MaraWuti on Feb 17, 2015, 2:00:47 AM
"
Axyridis_JB wrote:
Thoughts on the most effective six link for kb? Quality added lightning for the shock? Pierce? Weapon elemental?

i can chime in with my two cents since i had my doubts about pierce but i quickly changed my mind, i have tested 3 other gems in lieu of pierce and i ended up disliking all of them

WED probably gives you the biggest tooltip, but then you have to take 40% pierce nodes on tree and spend 5 points to do so, but WED has a huge drawback, since you already run Hatred and 2 elemental heralds, and on top off that you have those "added as damage of an element" nodes you will do roughly 70% elemental damage and elemental damage will become a huge issue for reflect, i almost killed myself on 2 occasions while testing and survived only due to instant flasks

Crit dmg also boosts tooltip but now phys reflect is a problem and even with CWDT setup and a jade flask on occasion you will shit your pants because your health will drop low, only do it if you have no other crit multi on gear and you took minimal crit multi nodes on tree, with crit multi gem my multiplier exceeds 500 and i just don't like it

Pierce is just the smoothest off them all, saves you 5 points on the tree, doesn't exacerbate your reflect problems, and still improves your clear speed by heaps, you will now be able to clear 2 screens of mobs and large packs are much easier to shotgun, it just feels so smooth i can never imagine doing KB without it
IGN JustifiedF
"
Justifi3d wrote:
"
Axyridis_JB wrote:
Thoughts on the most effective six link for kb? Quality added lightning for the shock? Pierce? Weapon elemental?

Pierce is just the smoothest off them all

Seconding this. A KB build imo requires a decent pierce chance. The explosions proc off of every monster hit, so pierce is a MASSIVE damage multiplier.

It's important to remember that the explosions don't overlap the target. Hit one monster with one KB projectile, and you'll only do the initial impact damage to it. Pierce two monsters close together and suddenly their explosions are hitting eachother, meaning a lot less wasted damage.
"
Axyridis_JB wrote:

Depends on what league you're in and personal preference really.

I've done a lot of testing and for HC I prefer:
Kinteic Blast + GMP + Faster Attacks + PCoC + Phys Prog DMG + Pierce

But for the highest damage setup:
Kinteic Blast + GMP + Faster Attacks + PCoC + Weapon Ele DMG + Crit DMG
(you'll wand the Pierce nodes and maybe Vaal Pact with this setup though)
Justifi3d/MaraWuti's post on that is good.

You can also try quality Accuracy or Life Gained on Hit.

"
MaraWuti wrote:
As requested, gear: Keep in mind this is very far from being any of my primary characters, so forgive the absolutely laughable gear and lack of anything over 4L. Also, I've been planning on switching from HoT to HoI and possibly adding Prolif to HoA (though the burn is already ridiculously strong). Not sure about Hatred over Wrath.. that's my next thing to try. At lower levels Wrath was definitely better, but the scaling on Hatred might have caught up by now.

And here's my current build plan. Still missing a lot of it on my actual character, so expect it to change over time. If I can make Power Siphon work for me (never been a big fan), I'll take Fusillade. Since I haven't been using it, my bandits were Oak - Oak - Kill All. If you get mana leech on gear, drop Mind Drinker and take the last two Eva + HP nodes. Not sure which is better, Blast Radius or Arcane Focus (haven't picked up either yet), it may end up being personal preference. Can't go wrong putting those points in Heartseeker, too. I make no claims to optimisation - definitely room for tons of tweaking and improvement.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNgYjH0EDHrVI8-pwUioLidNw1V3yDkjjhMCcpzQ2PWyMnapirLTFOq1vhP8cwuwFtSpbgl5S7I2_mybo1s96shkyAVFH7LC5fIwLMHwj9o19TZJMYKOKPeLXy3iuSO7Tfn11_rq748SiAF4Zju2DCC6bjX8r1op_xhGWSVHw1ZUuBx7BxYhC9HFDVB3Zgh4UsPbnn4hzcMJzmmHOcAmgbOfHyslEvu7B8_rv_GRKmqIEV4eVIGsXvOrAVGpDCPQtH0yzBAdVxoPbOlg9X1JTl5VZvPZbxShCSw==

Hmm very interesting. You should definitely try getting a 5L and adding PCoC, the extra crit and Fusillade will help you clear a lot faster, you really need the big crits to melt packs.

As for gear, master craft phys damage on your Prismatic ring.
Your wand is nice but lacks a crit roll. I'd swap the attack speed master mod for crit and utilise power charges more.

Overall though pretty interesting take on the build.
IGN: @Oos
I've started my Wander who will use this

at least for a long while.

Since I like experimenting, I decided to start Shadow and go Templar with the following highlights:
- Life ~ +150%
- Eldritch Battery + Arctic Armour +

- Lots of Templar Elemental nodes
- +75% Burning Damage: since Attack Speed is lower, emphasis on big crits/dmg; maybe Elemental Prolif. gem?
- Hatred + Herald of Ash + Clarity

Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNhFfKLZUdmwkv-TFr8DHiaVH0Fh4gYjVUu1SIw2bWzz6jY9KgvjhJ2qcFIOSMCcYqxsjBGWY0OnNH_GBx5-WcHFoqOVLvrvwfPw1VeH_GSVIIIeSVGArkqaaxctHxSw2wuiBLzqxShMs5phwFT2W1AwBAfCc8fKakMI9Fm8g9sfAnNwyURVxjbFn4i-7tgk9uc_c6cIznBs552uCaAabBJpNunkIhccJKopT3F5Fm-Ffew442qCmycvnjztIJBVjHZX4uFzGjh35aIAwBrwHwSzcYVo8sBm8xE875_fsUIYXe982rlG15eX

Maybe I'll have to move some points around to get Mana Regen (for AA)...

What do you guys say? :-)
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Feb 17, 2015, 3:29:13 PM
"
markus7 wrote:

Since I like experimenting, I decided to start Shadow and go Templar with the following highlights:
- Life ~ +150%

- +75% Burning Damage: since Attack Speed is lower, emphasis on big crits/dmg; maybe Elemental Prolif. gem?

Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNhFfKLZUdmwkv-TFr8DHiaVH0Fh4gYjVUu1SIw2bWzz6jY9KgvjhJ2qcFIOSMCcYqxsjBGWY0OnNH_GBx5-WcHFoqOVLvrvwfPw1VeH_GSVIIIeSVGArkqaaxctHxSw2wuiBLzqxShMs5phwFT2W1AwBAfCc8fKakMI9Fm8g9sfAnNwyURVxjbFn4i-7tgk9uc_c6cIznBs552uCaAabBJpNunkIhccJKopT3F5Fm-Ffew442qCmycvnjztIJBVjHZX4uFzGjh35aIAwBrwHwSzcYVo8sBm8xE875_fsUIYXe982rlG15eX

i really like the wand man, slow but hard hitting. since you plan to use AA i suggest you take as much regen as possible, with high ES chest(>600) and clarity. On my witch that i tried to make wander(and ripped) i picked charisma cluster(under shadow start, -reserved mana,+ aura effect), the regen from witch starting area is a must(too much to pass) and you will need around 100% regen on gear ,to keep AA on. AA+MoM could be a huge defensive boost, especially mixed with evasion(+ondars). While simply theorycrafting, you should pick the regen and ondars, regen for high level AA and ondars to avoid some reflect. Of course someone more experienced guy can comment, and if that happens, i think you should take his advice instead of mine.
Thank you! I'm still considering going the MoM (item) + AA and high Mana Regen with Evasion and Ondar's... May be worth spending the points and going south. So many possibilities...
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
"
Oosband wrote:

Hmm very interesting. You should definitely try getting a 5L and adding PCoC, the extra crit and Fusillade will help you clear a lot faster, you really need the big crits to melt packs.

Your wand is nice but lacks a crit roll. I'd swap the attack speed master mod for crit and utilise power charges more.

Like I said, I have invested very little time, effort, or currency in this character. The Vertex wasn't purchased for it, was just something I had laying around, and the wand was a grand total of 1.5ex. The fact that, despite all that, it still melts maps in seconds is a testament to the build's power. It's pretty much Tornado Shot for wands, lmao. PCoC will almost surely be my 5l, but using Phys Proj instead of FA makes up for it for now. It's definitely a "hit hard, hit once" build.

I honestly don't have much experience with Master crafting. My masters are mostly maxed, but for no particular reason I've always preferred loot hunting. With that in mind:

If I remove the aspd on the wand, will it let me immediately replace it with a crit craft without needing a whole new wand? I've only ever done crafting on blue items and then regal'd. Wasn't sure if it worked the same way on rares.
Last edited by MaraWuti on Feb 17, 2015, 11:19:03 PM
"
markus7 wrote:

- Life ~ +150%

Build:

Yeah all looks good, but you may have issues getting high enough AA to make up for the loss of Acrobatics and HP.
Should be good though. The Templar nodes are very strong with this build, the Celestial Cluster especially. Faith and Steel is inefficient, you're better off grabbing Deep Thoughts instead.

"
MaraWuti wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:

Like I said, I have invested very little time, effort, or currency in this character. The Vertex wasn't purchased for it, was just something I had laying around, and the wand was a grand total of 1.5ex. The fact that, despite all that, it still melts maps in seconds is a testament to the build's power. It's pretty much Tornado Shot for wands, lmao. PCoC will almost surely be my 5l, but using Phys Proj instead of FA makes up for it for now. It's definitely a "hit hard, hit once" build.

I honestly don't have much experience with Master crafting. My masters are mostly maxed, but for no particular reason I've always preferred loot hunting. With that in mind:

If I remove the aspd on the wand, will it let me immediately replace it with a crit craft without needing a whole new wand? I've only ever done crafting on blue items and then regal'd. Wasn't sure if it worked the same way on rares.

Ya fair enough.
and yeah you can remove the mod and instantly craft crot, no problem.
IGN: @Oos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info