[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Thank you so much for all the hints. :-) My next character is settled and you led me into it, haha.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
"
Oosband wrote:

Thanks mate.
Your variation looks really strong. The shield defense nodes are great too.
Do you think you could drop Mind Drinker if you divined your CoE to 2% mana?

Yeah I wondered too, would love to drop mind drinker. The other rolls on my CoE are quite good though. I first need to divine % ES on my rings.

The shield nodes are great, I mostly got that from Hartree's tree (RIP!). The additional ES those nodes give isn't then scaled with % ES on the tree, but I suppose it would be too OP that way.
Briefly the story:
I'm quite new to ranged characters, and mostly do hardcore. I tried to roll a witch to respec into wander, but died from vaal smash act2 merciless @64 lvl due to desync.
So, i rolled a shadow archer tornado shot. riped today due to a bit of lag while doing rime in a3 merciless, 65 lvl (i thought she was offscreen so i stood still throwing punctures, while she actually was spamming traps on me).
And i always wanted to roll a shadow wander, starting with the ele dmg nodes and respeccing later to pdps. I got a fair amount of currency to start(around 1ex with levelling gear from 0-55/60 as caster), so basically my questions are:
1)equipment wise: i got a phys doryanni's in stash and atziri flask. are they goood with this build?
2) should i spec into wander with kb sooner than what people used to in the past(like around 70) or should i continue as caster saving money?
3) flameblast or tendrils(never used it)??
4) last question, could you post some levelling guide, like lvl20/40/60 tree?

Im quite a newbie in that kind of builds, so help would be much appreciated! cheers and ofc i love your build (theorycrafted something like that myself, never thought of kinetic to be so amazing)!

PS: i really loved knockback on crit on my archer (king of the hill), there was one skill for wands (bullying i think?) is it still somewhere? im searching for it, cant find it..
Last edited by trimpourdelo on Feb 16, 2015, 6:07:08 PM
as an update, I'm now level 44 and have been using KB + Faster Attacks + WED + LMP for the past 12 levels, and am finding it to work amazingly well. Also have HoIce and HoLight, but will change it to Fire later on.

Even with not an amazing wand (one I master crafted to feature higher crit @ 9.60) it does a ton of damage and whole packs go down easily, especially with charges up.

I'm playing in Torment as I'm not interested to rip over and over due to desync, and have been having a "blast" (sorry I had to)

One thing I didn't factor in though is to wait until I level this build high enough to begin doing daily masters missions as I got killed easily doing a couple daily missions with Masters that I had previously leveled to almost level 6.

I actually got 2 shot doing one last night.. was like "whoops!"
Last edited by Denezen on Feb 16, 2015, 6:13:09 PM
"
trimpourdelo wrote:
Briefly the story:
I'm quite new to ranged characters, and mostly do hardcore. I tried to roll a witch to respec into wander, but died from vaal smash act2 merciless @64 lvl due to desync.
So, i rolled a shadow archer tornado shot. riped today due to a bit of lag while doing rime in a3 merciless, 65 lvl (i thought she was offscreen so i stood still throwing punctures, while she actually was spamming traps on me).
And i always wanted to roll a shadow wander, starting with the ele dmg nodes and respeccing later to pdps. I got a fair amount of currency to start(around 1ex with levelling gear from 0-55/60 as caster), so basically my questions are:
1)equipment wise: i got a phys doryanni's in stash and atziri flask. are they goood with this build?
2) should i spec into wander with kb sooner than what people used to in the past(like around 70) or should i continue as caster saving money?

Im quite a newbie in that kind of builds, so help would be much appreciated! cheers and ofc i love your build (theorycrafted something like that myself, never thought of kinetic to be so amazing)!

PS: i really loved knockback on crit on my archer (king of the hill), there was one skill for wands (bullying i think?) is it still somewhere? im searching for it, cant find it..

2+3 answered already in the OP, didnt notice.
I actually just found this wand today

Spoiler

Also tried an ele crit KB toon earlier in torment. Phys KB is something that I have wanted to try. So after I do another character I might just try it out. Very informative build guide. How do you think that wand will fair? I know the crit is not great, but for a free wand I am sure it will serve its purpose until I can buy another wand maybe.
"
trimpourdelo wrote:
Briefly the story:

Phys Doryanni's is fine but a good rare Rustic Belt with WED mod on it will probably server you better. You can get enough leech from elsewhere.
Atziri flask is personal preferance, it;s amazing with this build but personally I prefer a Topaz or Jade flask instead. But it's your choice.

You can try wanding in Cruel/Merciless. I had good sucess with this and so did the guy below you. You can buy cheap leveling wands (look for ele wands, more damage while leveling) and a 4L will be fine.

For normal use Flameblast/Lightning Tendrils/Fire Trap, may as well level them all and use what you prefer. Or if you have good leveling uniques laying around you can use another method.

As for a leveling guide, I covered it in the thread, check the image that shows the recommended nodes to get. Just head for all the life as you're leveling, you'll get some damage and other buffs along the way. Grab Acrobatics before maps and Fusillade cluster around then too, or maybe before. You'll want Fusillade circle first, then Elder Power, then the rest is up to you.

Bullying node has been removed unfortunately, the knockback gem is a waste but at higher levels your damage will be so crazy that you wont miss the knock back.

"
Denezen wrote:
as an update, I'm now level 44 and have been using KB + Faster Attacks + WED + LMP for the past 12 levels, and am finding it to work amazingly well. Also have HoIce and HoLight, but will change it to Fire later on.

Even with not an amazing wand (one I master crafted to feature higher crit @ 9.60) it does a ton of damage and whole packs go down easily, especially with charges up.

I'm playing in Torment as I'm not interested to rip over and over due to desync, and have been having a "blast" (sorry I had to)

One thing I didn't factor in though is to wait until I level this build high enough to begin doing daily masters missions as I got killed easily doing a couple daily missions with Masters that I had previously leveled to almost level 6.

I actually got 2 shot doing one last night.. was like "whoops!"

Good to hear that you're leveling fine with Kinetic. Enjoy!

"
runnin17 wrote:
I actually just found this wand today

Spoiler

Also tried an ele crit KB toon earlier in torment. Phys KB is something that I have wanted to try. So after I do another character I might just try it out. Very informative build guide. How do you think that wand will fair? I know the crit is not great, but for a free wand I am sure it will serve its purpose until I can buy another wand maybe.

That wand honestly wont need to be replaced. The crit is slightly lower than what's desired, but in Torment you could maybe use Rat's Nest to offset that loss. That wand will demolish every map.
If you reach 90+ you could potentially replace it but it will cost a lot.
IGN: @Oos
Thoughts on the most effective six link for kb? Quality added lightning for the shock? Pierce? Weapon elemental?
Last edited by Axyridis_JB on Feb 16, 2015, 10:49:33 PM
"
Thoughts on the most effective six link for kb? Quality added lightning for the shock? Pierce? Weapon elemental?

Try it yourself?
Last edited by posterier on Feb 16, 2015, 10:59:01 PM
"
posterier wrote:
"

Try it yourself?

Well I am was just curious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info