[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Leveling with this build is EXTREMELY painful. There's simply no market for phys. wands that do even a remotely decent amount of damage
"
ProbablyHigh wrote:
Leveling with this build is EXTREMELY painful. There's simply no market for phys. wands that do even a remotely decent amount of damage

Look for ele dps wands for leveling, you don't really need phys wands until later because you're not really buffing them with nodes on tree. Meginord's and high flat damage jewelry will help a lot too.
IGN: @Oos
"
ProbablyHigh wrote:

I highly recommend levelling as Bow-Wielder then. You can use one of the many good Unique Bows (which are really cheap even as 4Link) and even level the needed Gems for this build with it.
You can do so till 68/69/70 when you want to use Red Mana Lvl 20 for running Hatred and 2 Heralds.
Been having great fun with this build. Levelled till 40 as spectral throw - basically same kind of idea with hybrid phy/elemental. Then I bought a pretty nice wand for levelling - I hate not using my 'main' skill until lvl 60+

Absolutely blazed through, cruel and merciless. Started tailing off in act 3, but that's when I switched to using

Bought for 15c without the master craft or the mana regen. Absolute bargain. But then I ruined it by for some reason throwing an ex at it! Crit mult would have been great, or a resist to help gearing. But I got mana regen... Anyway, still a good wand.

Got a couple of issues now though, I am using Daresso's Defiance rather than a Belly, as I love the concept of the item. But means I need to find life and resistances from somewhere (Especially if I try and use Atziri's Step - great synergy with Daresso's) Will need to give up on either Rat's nest or Maligaro's. Maligaro's probably the one to go. Might have to go for resistances on gloves rather than all DPS rolls too. Will need some GG jewellery too to round things off unless I can get a really good shield.
Current gear

Jewellery just stuff I had and shield was from an alc.
Got a nice ammy from Dialla though - got to be a first!

I need the strength on the current one though.

Other concern is on links - I hate having to run PCOC, so was going to go with KB - PPAD - GMP - FA - Pierce and use assassins mark on curse on hit with HoT.
But I just can't sustain charges, and bosses are a pain. I know it will get better as I up my crit chance, but still clunky. I might run PCOC on my power siphon, which just seems wrong (power siphon generating charges on it's own after all). Also running another manual cast curse would be good, but don't think I have the socket to spare.

I'm sure I'll work out all these niggles though, great build!

How big of an increase in dps am I going to see if I get a wand like this:

Onslaught Weaver Imbued Wand
Level: 69 Intelligence: 188
16% increased Spell Damage
[T5][prefix] 74% increased Physical Damage
[T1][suffix] 13% increased Attack Speed
[T6][suffix] +97 to Accuracy Rating
Can have multiple Crafted Mods@
[T5][prefix] 78% increased Physical Damage
[T5][prefix] Adds 13-20 Physical Damage
[T3][suffix] 25% increased Critical Strike Chance

200dps 10% crit chance.
"
Carlovski wrote:
Been having great fun with this build. Levelled till 40 as spectral throw - basically same kind of idea with hybrid phy/elemental. Then I bought a pretty nice wand for levelling - I hate not using my 'main' skill until lvl 60+

Absolutely blazed through, cruel and merciless. Started tailing off in act 3, but that's when I switched to using

Bought for 15c without the master craft or the mana regen. Absolute bargain. But then I ruined it by for some reason throwing an ex at it! Crit mult would have been great, or a resist to help gearing. But I got mana regen... Anyway, still a good wand.

Got a couple of issues now though, I am using Daresso's Defiance rather than a Belly, as I love the concept of the item. But means I need to find life and resistances from somewhere (Especially if I try and use Atziri's Step - great synergy with Daresso's) Will need to give up on either Rat's nest or Maligaro's. Maligaro's probably the one to go. Might have to go for resistances on gloves rather than all DPS rolls too. Will need some GG jewellery too to round things off unless I can get a really good shield.
Current gear

Jewellery just stuff I had and shield was from an alc.
Got a nice ammy from Dialla though - got to be a first!

I need the strength on the current one though.

Other concern is on links - I hate having to run PCOC, so was going to go with KB - PPAD - GMP - FA - Pierce and use assassins mark on curse on hit with HoT.
But I just can't sustain charges, and bosses are a pain. I know it will get better as I up my crit chance, but still clunky. I might run PCOC on my power siphon, which just seems wrong (power siphon generating charges on it's own after all). Also running another manual cast curse would be good, but don't think I have the socket to spare.

I'm sure I'll work out all these niggles though, great build!

You could use Frenzy single target with PCoC, it wont be the best for damage but it's good for charges, then just make sure you're shotgunning bosses against walls.
PCoC is fine in Kinetic Blast though, it may seem like a waste but power charges give you so much damage that it's a great gem to have.

Gear is decent, reroll the WED on belt though.

"
darkst4r575 wrote:

How big of an increase in dps am I going to see if I get a wand like this:

Onslaught Weaver Imbued Wand
Level: 69 Intelligence: 188
16% increased Spell Damage
[T5][prefix] 74% increased Physical Damage
[T1][suffix] 13% increased Attack Speed
[T6][suffix] +97 to Accuracy Rating
Can have multiple Crafted Mods@
[T5][prefix] 78% increased Physical Damage
[T5][prefix] Adds 13-20 Physical Damage
[T3][suffix] 25% increased Critical Strike Chance

200dps 10% crit chance.

Well your current wand is 185pDPS, so with that new wand the dps increase will only be in attack speed. You wont be hitting any harder really, so it depends how much the other wand costs.
You'll be better off looking for a harder hitting 1.5 speed wand. 1.5 speed is fast enough (with attack speed buffs on tree, gear, gems), so you want to be able to one shot huge packs on crit with higher base damage.
IGN: @Oos
That second wand post wasn't mine! I'm quite happy with my wand for now, if I get a new one it will have to be an expensive GG one (though I am doing a bit of half hearted rolling with any spare alts on a wand to craft one myself)
I've actually re-rolled that WED on the belt at least 8 times - then ran out of alcs. Never got higher than 17%. Could have bought a better belt by now!
I've been playing with my KB links - linked another 5l Daresso's so been able to play with colours. I like pierce, but not sure how much it is really helping - maybe needed more on higher level maps?
I've also discovered that I don't think I really need Faster Attacks, especially with a 1.67 aps wand (If I use frenzy for charge creation then even more so). One volley kills most things, and for tougher enemies you want to reposition after each shot most of the time.
So was thinking I might go with KB - PPAD - GMP - WED - Inc Crit Damage although the mana cost gets quite crazy with that. So maybe drop WED for more utility - additional accuracy maybe if I can get a quality one. I'm struggling with hit chance atm - need to look for some on gear. Another build guide recommends not using any to help with reflect, the idea being that at least some of the projectiles will always hit anyway, but I'm not convinced.
Of course this could all be rubbish - not done maps higher than a 73 yet!

The spell totem frost wall combo is great - not only helps with shotgunning, it really helps survivability, especially against charging enemies.
So but CI version don't/Can't use Discipline?
Replying again just to give another thanks for this build.

I am now lvl 61 and with the purchase of a new wand, it absolutely is crushing Act 2 Merciless.

I have sort of neglected my defense thus far (more because I wanted to see what this build is / isn't capable of), and now that I have a better idea of how to play it and what it requires defensively and offensively, I feel more confident in building this type of character in the future.

With that, this is officially my favorite build that I've done in POE. I've played as pretty much every type of character, minus summoner, and by and large I haven't ever enjoyed a build as much as this one.

I love the fact that it can play very fast and hits hard. Great build for quick clears and also for partying.

I am no doubt rebuilding this next league as my go to character to take farthest that I've gone in POE (currently level 80 is my farthest)

My gear is still pretty unoptimized because I don't get to play as often as I'd like, but I love my new Wand (cost me 1ex) but a lot of wands in Torment as expensive as all get out and really, are not a whole lot better than the one I got.

Anyway, very deserved build of the week.. made this game more fun for me than I have had in a long time!

Last edited by Denezen on Feb 24, 2015, 1:52:01 PM
Hey Oos!

Thought id link all my gear any update the community to my success with this build. So far been clearing 75+ maps with my wand, 8/9 k dps with power charges!

This is bloodlines of course so please be gentle on my gear. Wondering what besides my wand could be upgrade!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info