Until melee is fixed, a lot of people will not comeback.

"
but you're right we are digressing a bit :(

Have you theory crafted a melee build to play next? Is it different then your other one?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I tried playing my caster and bow some more but I just don't want to play them.

Rerolled misterknife as an evasion based character and if that fails I'll try iron reflexes. Probably ir will be better due to efficiency and lack of big defensive holes but I've already grabbed acro.

We'll see how long it takes me to desync rip this time on try #11
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 16, 2015, 7:17:24 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I already said why shavs is bullshit:no drawback with really op benefit.

Solaris enables the same builds but has a real drawback. Shavs does all kinds of really op shit and has NO drawback. You can easily be resist capped with other items and even if 900 es was somehow lower than the usual rare item (which it really isn't) you can run discipline on your life plus another aura still while getting extra damage from low life nodes.

I have a design problem with shavs. I don't feel that low life builds should be usable only through a couple of uniques, and really good only with one unique. I've had a guy tell me "oh well you don't have to use the chest, just do what that one guy did a long time ago and get a lot of chaos resists and you can still do a low life build. Uh, no. There is a reason people only go low life with shavs, and that's because it's much much better than not using it. I don't think its right to section off an entire build with one or two uniques. I don't think it's right to have a super powered build that only the richer portion of the population can ever play. But that's just my opinion. And no that isn't my opinion because I don't have a shavs, I'll have a 6L shavs very soon and my opinion won't change.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jan 16, 2015, 7:56:00 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

You must enjoy bashing your head against the wall.

"

Well did u bind that oos macro yet\stop trying to smoke mine boxes\upgrade your toaster or improve your build? ^_^

As for @iamstrker the idea of low life was to have the person be put in a dangerous situation and benefit from spell bonuses (like PA) or extra auras.

As for only possible from 2 unique chest, that is kind of the design of the items. I've seen builds that use both, but we typically see most endgame build use shavs considering it provides more stats overall.

I hope you seriously have the gear to support that shavs because it alone doesn't do anything more then what a solaris lorica can do (more stats I know) It is indeed the supporting gear that allows for these powerful builds you see.

I have a 6 link shavs too, once upon a time I thought low life was bullshit and only way to get one was RMT or find one. (i've done neither) I still think the item is powerful and low life as designed in PoE will always exploit something or another, it still adds something that is clearly at the top for players to strive to.

But simply just giving someone this without supporting gear would be pointless:

Not all really powerful unqiues have a significant drawback, hell some really don't have any. Atziri gloves, shavs (bit less es then typical es chest, no armor), volls ammy, ect. If you manage to combine these items into one build you typically achieve godlike status.

Also shavs seem like they are at an all time low in standard, just FYI....

FeelsBadMan

I've always played with an oos and an alt f4 macro bound to my mouse. I played swtor so I needed a gaming mouse. And my game loads most areas in 5s.

As for smoke mine and builds changes, you already know. The only thing I could do for more defense is take no damage nodes which even in hc is dumb. You need a minimum dps output just to clear necromancers
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 16, 2015, 12:15:49 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I've always played with an oos and an alt f4 macro bound to my mouse. I played swtor so I needed a gaming mouse. And my game loads most areas in 5s.

As for smoke mine and builds changes, you already know. The only thing I could do for more defense is take no damage nodes which even in hc is dumb. You need a minimum dps output just to clear necromancers

Yeah not saying you shouldn't take damage, but change something up, if even a little bit if you die 5+ times IMO.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

You must enjoy bashing your head against the wall.

"

Well did u bind that oos macro yet\stop trying to smoke mine boxes\upgrade your toaster or improve your build? ^_^

As for @iamstrker the idea of low life was to have the person be put in a dangerous situation and benefit from spell bonuses (like PA) or extra auras.

As for only possible from 2 unique chest, that is kind of the design of the items. I've seen builds that use both, but we typically see most endgame build use shavs considering it provides more stats overall.

I hope you seriously have the gear to support that shavs because it alone doesn't do anything more then what a solaris lorica can do (more stats I know) It is indeed the supporting gear that allows for these powerful builds you see.

I have a 6 link shavs too, once upon a time I thought low life was bullshit and only way to get one was RMT or find one. (i've done neither) I still think the item is powerful and low life as designed in PoE will always exploit something or another, it still adds something that is clearly at the top for players to strive to.

But simply just giving someone this without supporting gear would be pointless:

Not all really powerful unqiues have a significant drawback, hell some really don't have any. Atziri gloves, shavs (bit less es then typical es chest, no armor), volls ammy, ect. If you manage to combine these items into one build you typically achieve godlike status.

Also shavs seem like they are at an all time low in standard, just FYI....

Regarding low life builds, iamstryker is pretty much correct, the concept of "low life" in POE is broken, its not really the original design premise of low life.

Pre shav, and in most other RPG's/ARPG's, low life builds are ones where the character gets extreme bonuses for being almost dead, and thats relevant to you real life pool (which in PoE includes your ES)

PoE doesn't have real low life builds, every "low life" build in PoE uses a Shav/Solaris and stacks ES. This is hardly surprising, due to how punishing the mechanics are in PoE in regards to defense (there are so many ways to die in PoE, and there are very little mechanics/abilities which lets you deal with that, i.e. counter blocks/shields)
"

Regarding low life builds, iamstryker is pretty much correct, the concept of "low life" in POE is broken, its not really the original design premise of low life.

Pre shav, and in most other RPG's/ARPG's, low life builds are ones where the character gets extreme bonuses for being almost dead, and thats relevant to you real life pool (which in PoE includes your ES)

PoE doesn't have real low life builds, every "low life" build in PoE uses a Shav/Solaris and stacks ES. This is hardly surprising, due to how punishing the mechanics are in PoE in regards to defense (there are so many ways to die in PoE, and there are very little mechanics/abilities which lets you deal with that, i.e. counter blocks/shields)

The concept IMO isn't broken its the addition of the item with practically no drawbacks that is. Granted something will always be "on top" this chest just kinda of points most players in its direction.

I guess players are forgetting that es to life ratio is typically 2:1 in regards to surviability (in general) So a player with 5k ES (low life without great gear) has roughly 2.5k life equiv, minus the ability to use life flask to recover.

Saying PoE doesn't have real low life builds is incorrect. The build by nature in PoE (because of chaos damage) relies on 2 unique items (or some crazy tree i've yet to see) I understand certain other games simply give a temporary (or even perm) bonus when on low life, but they also don't have mechanics that bypass a layer of defenses that is critical for players to survive in wraeclast.

I still have:

But it has taken me 2 years to have the gear to support using it. I got it close to a year ago and haven't had the supporting gear to effectively make a useful (compared to life) build.

Granted most of this whole conversation has nothing to do with melee.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Yeah not saying you shouldn't take damage, but change something up, if even a little bit if you die 5+ times IMO.

I always change something after dying. But not always the build, sometimes like with lock boxes or desync the death isn't related to how the build functions.

Main thing is that ranged characters are outperforming my melee by leaps and bounds and with much less investment in defense and damage (just any non efficient build)
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 20, 2015, 12:08:50 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Main thing is that ranged characters are outperforming my melee by leaps and bounds and with much less investment in defense and damage (just any non efficient build)

And your point is?

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info