[1.3] INFERNAL FIST - 5 Exalt Price, ATZIRI KILLER. Max Block, 110k AoE/130k Single DPS, 5.5k+ HP

"
justice__ wrote:
Thanks for the first answer, i'll think about an original facebreaker gear.

I also thank you for the IB link answer : i though that Added fire damage + Fire penetration would be great with Infernal Blow because of the conversion on fire damage.. (like IB + Add fire + fire pen + melee splash + multistrike + faster attack).

For the third answer, I thank you for your "gratitude" ! But I got an other question (aha sorry) : how can I know if this build could work or not ? I know that you'll answer me "by testing it" but i'm a casual player so i can't level up a char at level 70 "just to know if it's working".

Is there possibilities to calculate Discharge DPS ? Or Frenzy DPS ?

Well, Added Fire adds a lot of damage but not enough for penetrate to work, mostly because our hits are already so high that they bypass armour since we're physical. So it's not that big of a deal, we get more damage bonus with other gems.

Don't worry about asking questions :P

But yeah I don't know how to calculate any of those DPS other than "testing" them. And if you can't have a character higher than lvl 70 then you should be fine with any build because at lvl 70 and the initinal maping of lvl 64-73 maps, enemies aren't that strong and you can beat them with almost any well planned build, so you should be ok.
"
Ayonix wrote:
What about dropping unwavering stance and use cast when stunned instead of cast when damage taken? you wouldn't have low level immortal call then.

Or is the block stun getting in the way?

Thought about it but I like to not get stunned. It allows me to keep causing damage and leeching life and I feel more control over the fight, but I think it might work, I might test this later on, it could be useful for hard fights, but I've yet to have any problems other than Dominus with extra damage, extra projectiles and extra speed :P

"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
MacMoertel wrote:

Don't forget to do this in your mainhand also. Another 3 slots to level gems.

Damn that really works? First thing i'll try at home today... and will also protect me from autoequiping some white tricolor weapon from time to time! :-)

Yep it's a good trick, just keep an Atziri's Foible plus some rings with attribute increases to equip the weapon and lvl the gems, then take them off and the weapon will stay on your hand but without being able to use it, and gems keep on leveling even if they're unequipable by you.
"
RXXQ wrote:

But yeah I don't know how to calculate any of those DPS other than "testing" them. And if you can't have a character higher than lvl 70 then you should be fine with any build because at lvl 70 and the initinal maping of lvl 64-73 maps, enemies aren't that strong and you can beat them with almost any well planned build, so you should be ok.

I would like to level up really hard (more than 85) a character but i can't level up him with an experimental build cause i would loose a lot of "casual player" time... So i can't just try a build to know to know if it's working
What i'm really missing now, is a movement skill (and a skill for breaking barrels and stuff). This build feels so good in the middle of a crowd, and feels so limited when chasing single targets or split up crowds.

Will try to drop added fire dmg, put counter skills in a single 4l and free up the shield for a lightning warp, faster casting, reduced duration. Have to push int though, maybe by grabbing an int node also. Will see how it going. Movement options are rare for facebreakers, and weapon switch is too clumsy.
"
MacMoertel wrote:
What i'm really missing now, is a movement skill (and a skill for breaking barrels and stuff). This build feels so good in the middle of a crowd, and feels so limited when chasing single targets or split up crowds.

Will try to drop added fire dmg, put counter skills in a single 4l and free up the shield for a lightning warp, faster casting, reduced duration. Have to push int though, maybe by grabbing an int node also. Will see how it going. Movement options are rare for facebreakers, and weapon switch is too clumsy.

I'm using a weapon with leap slam in the weapon swap, works for my purposes although it might take some time to switch back to the dps-no weapon.
"
justice__ wrote:
"
RXXQ wrote:

I would like to level up really hard (more than 85) a character but i can't level up him with an experimental build cause i would loose a lot of "casual player" time... So i can't just try a build to know to know if it's working

Well, I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of experience with the idea you're trying to do. I would look into other builds and see people who use frenzy charges with melee characters and see how they work.

I'm pretty sure your build would be fine for low levels. Most builds suffer only in the 80's, so you should be fine :P

"
MacMoertel wrote:

I just use this:

With Herbalism I'm very rarely out of charges, and I like it more than teleporting or jumping around switching weapons. I've always liked Quicksilver more than any movement skill tho.

Just finished leveling my counter-attack facebreaker to 85 for the challenge, using this build as a guideline. So figured I'd post my gear and tree in case anyone was curious.

Overall, it's a solid build. It's incredibly cheap for how effective it is. I used a 4L Belly almost the entire time, the 5L is really unncessary. The Taste Of Hate I just used because I happened to have it, but it's definitely not necessary, either. You can buy a cheap Abyssus because you don't care about the crit mult, only the phys dmg taken roll matters. I think for a total of two exalts you could very comfortably buy all the gear you need for this build, and could get by with only spending one exalt or less if you really needed to.

I was able to clear up to 77 maps (I'm sure it could do 78s, I just didn't run any) with hardly any problems. Even did a double-boss 77 Shrine Piety with -22 max res at level 79.

On the other hand, it is mind-numbingly boring since all you do is push one button. It clears big groups fast but you are constantly having to chase down ranged mobs and stragglers. So for that reason, I probably won't be playing it much anymore now that I've hit 85 for the challenge. But it'll be nice to have around for some combos of map mods that I can't do on my main (crit tendrils).

Stats (with no flasks up) are 4950 life, 10370 armor, 63% block, 76/71/75 resists, 34.8k infernal blow dps.

Could get the dps higher by using Great One, but I preferred Lioneye's for the defense. I also couldn't stand using Multistrike, it makes your tooltip dps higher but slows your clear speed.
Gems are only lvl 18 and mostly not quality, so maxing those out would definitely help too.

Gear

Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEhwUtBjkJMwqbDPcNzRQgFE0VIBiRGbQaPhpVG5cbrRzOIuIkiytQLOkvzDJONug8LT0PPeJAoEd-R-JI7kp9UEdRYF4TXz9gS2EhYuxko2VNZ5tnoHKpdO12f3asd-N4rnjreTl673uMfNl-4H7iggeExITZhO-Hdo-ZnleezZ_LpDmnMKmVrK-uPq-ntoq8n702vqfAv8GCxPbK089-0IHRNtIh037iLOOf5FHnCunV6hjvDu968i_yQfKc8wb2o_cy-6r8S_zF_lQ=
Since my last post here I've reached lvl 89, gems still only 19 but dps are 100k now lmao.
ok RXXQ, let me ask u, are you a lecturer or something? Very nice build but whats more, very well explained. I printed for my rest, new to the game, friends haha

Now i u had about 20-25 exalted to spend, where you would spent them?
And one last question, wich gems, must we apply prisms,by priority?
Hallo,

i have also one questions.

And why abyssus? What is the special about this helm?

Thanks.

Last edited by the_Arkain on Jan 31, 2015, 5:56:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info