[1.3] INFERNAL FIST - 5 Exalt Price, ATZIRI KILLER. Max Block, 110k AoE/130k Single DPS, 5.5k+ HP

QUICK NEW UPDATE AT LVL 91:

Insane DPS: 110k AoE and about 130k Single Target. With Max Block and 5.5k Life.
Total of currency spent: 5 Exalts, holy shit yes.

SCREENSHOTS of Dps+Defence

Defences is using Rumi's with lowest (20%) phys block.
Offences are AoE with Melee Splash, first screen is base, second with Promise and third is with Promise and Vaal Haste.

SINGLE TARGET DPS go around 130k, I'll add screenshot later, replace Melee Splash with Life Gain on Hit, improving both survivability and dps, sent Atziri to hell with that.

CURREN EQUIPS and GEMS

Notes: Basic equipment for the build, all stuff is cheap, nothing extraordinary except shield, took a bit to find such high rolls, thankfully it costs only 1 ex cause it isn't very popular.

They made Vengeance gem to not work with unarmed anymore. So I switched my gems for counters, now it's Reckoning + Riposte with Life gain on hit and Endurance Charge on Stun, it has improved survivability a lot, allowing me to play more recklessly, aw yeah.

I'm lvling domination blow for lulz, ignore it, but I find it hilarious to use and have a tiny army around me. Everything else is on point. Been thinking of swaping Tempest Shield for Elemental Prolif, might try it soon.

Notes: I switched to this armour from 5L Belly because I bougt the white version for only 2 ex (sold Belly for 3 ex), it's only iLvl 60ish so it can only get Tier2 rolls, but that's enough for me, the 6Link with life and resists allowed me to get higher rolls on jewelry, this chest improved my dps for about 20k more and survivability stayed the same because I could get better life rolls on jewelry as well, I only lost about 100hp compared to belly.
Ring costed me 10c each, necklace 2-5c, forgot.

Swap Melee Splash for Life Gain on Hit for Atziri, Dom, Piety, etc. You can then facetank anything, it's stupid I swear.

All gems were self-leveled, didn't buy any with % or high lvl'd. So their price is non-existant, they lvl'd pretty fast imo, this build just rolls everything to hell and the exp gain is quite fast.

Notes: Lowest possible roll for phys block on rumi, costed me 15c, perfect rolls on Promise costed me 2chaos, also bought the bleeding + insta heal flask for 10c.

ORIGINAL CONTENT:
INFERNAL COUNTERS! (1.3 Build) Max Block, 60k+ AoE DPS, 4.5k Life at lvl 80. (5Link, 0%Q Gems)

60% Block (Max with Rumi's if you choose to use).
50k+ DPS with just Atziri's Promise, all gems lvl 17-18, 5Link at 0% on a new league.
60k+ DPS if you use vaal haste.
85k+ DPS for single target bosses (swaping Melee Splash for Added Fire Damage)
4.5k Life.

Hello everyone, I've been doing Infernal Blow + Face Breaker builds every new build because I love it, I find it fun and powerful, but, they usually end up overly expensive, too difficult, or not as fun once you reach the higher levels/maps. Until 1.3 which made this build amazing with the new tree and items.

SCREENSHOTS for Defence and DPS

NOTE: Took these at lvl 80, with gems lvl 17-18 (some at lvl 10-14 even) and at 0% Quality

Infernal Blow DPS (5Link):

DPS with Atziri's Promise (uptime of about 80% of the time):

DPS with Promise and Vaal Haste(lvl 10):

Counter Gems DPS (Normal and with Flask):

Using Granife Flask with 90%+ Def:
Defence with Lioneye's Remorse:

Defence with Great Old One:

PROS:

.Cheap: you can do really well with 30kish dps with only a 4 link and good 4k hp and high def. Total cost is barely 1.5 exalt for everything.

.High dps with 0% quality and lvl 17 gems. Seriously, constant 40k+ DPS with lvl 17-18 gems all at 0% and 60k+ DPS buffed.

.INSTANTLY heal for 1.9k hp on each flask use (80% more hp from flasks).

.Can never get stunned + 3% phys dmg as life leech from tree.

.MAX BLOCK! - We have a base of 60-63% and hit 75% with Rumi's if you choose to use it.

.Can be done on new leagues. If you go and do it on standard with legacy items, it will be OP as fuck I predict (I will do this later).

.Relies mostly on common found uniques.

.Amazing for soloing, fantastic for parties, now that everyone is ranged/spell user, you absorb all the damage and let your party members stay in safety, and you get to get final kill on a lot (you'll notice how everything blows up into blood).

.Can run every damn mod! I've been testing mods in magic or rare maps, everything's been done up to maps lvl 75: Vulnerability+Elemental Weakness, 2x Buffed Bosses at Necropolis/Jungle Valley, 2x Reflect! (YEP POSSIBLE), NO Life+Mana Regen. Seriously, it can roll over anything.

.Counters hit for a LOT of damage.

.HIGH DPS WITH HIGH SURVAVILITY <3

CONS

.Probably can't do Atziri on a new league, to be tested, I haven't tried but I will eventually. Can prob do it on standard with legacy items tho.
.You only have 4 slots open for non-uniques: Jewelry and boots, maxing resists, damage and life requires careful plannig and luck with your equips but it can be done, just takes a lot of searching.
.Dominus 78 can be troublesome depending on the mods of the map, same for Necropolis Merveil and Courtyard Trio.
.You have to keep an eye on your flasks if you're going for full DPS.

So before I go into the whole build details, this build plays in two roles:
FULL DPS and FULL ARMOUR:

FULL DPS

DPS uses Great Old One's Ward shield, so your Armour rate goes to hell, but you gain a LOT of DPS, I use this set up for easy maps or maps with spell casting bosses such as Piety or Shock and Horror. I've literally just face tank them on Zana missions like it was nobody's business.

FULL ARMOUR

*Ignore the gems, I'm leveling them for future testing porpuses but this is my current off-hand shield. Yeah I found the 15% cyclone, that's why I'm lvling it.
ARMOUR uses Lioneye's Remorse shield, with the defence from shields gotten from tree you get a ridiculous 9k Armour from equiping the shield (and goes flying past 20k armour with flask), plus 3% more base block and 40 more life (compared to Great Old One). We choose this for devourer maps, Brutus' variant bosses like Dungeon, or maps with 30% more damage, and so on.

You should know when to use which shield. Again both are like 5c each so it's all good. If you want to use only one, use Lioneye's.

BUILD TREE AT LVL 80:
Spoiler
PoE Link:
http://poeurl.com/zam1Qs8

PoE Builder:
http://poeurl.com/zam1SNo

Tree info.

Defensive:
29% Block Chance
400% Defences from Shield
154% Increased Life
80% Life Recovery from Flasks
3% Physical Dmg Leeches as Life
8 Mana Gained when you Block
27% Resistances
19% Reduced Mana Cost of Skills

Offensive:
30% Attack Speed
234% Melee Physical Dmg

Keystones:
Resolute Technique: Your attacks always hit but never crit
Unwavering Stance: Cannot evade attackd but cannot be stunned

In case you need help because you're new or want some reasoning as to how/why to move through the tree as you level up
LEVELING TREE

I'm putting them in order of points spent instead of certain level.
Notes:
* We focus on block chance before anything.
* Life leech and mana related nodes are left for the near-final nodes because you should have no problem with either of those subjects until late 60s when you upgrade to a 5Link, use abbysus and so on.
* On that sense, extra flask hp is more important than leech, trust me.
* Life nodes are the final ones we get because only at lvl 75+ rare maps is when you need the big hp pool, before that you basically kill everything in 1 or 2 attacks, sometimes none, you just walk near the mobs and your counters will kill them.
* We never pick physical damage nodes except the first 5 because... we don't need them, on our way to get block nodes, the new 1.3 tree gives melee damage while using shields, giving us both block, defense, survivability and damage, best tree ever. I might add them later, will update.

14 points: Get resolute technique, nothing else.
http://poeurl.com/zavFcWZ

23 points: Block chance and elemental resists.
http://poeurl.com/zavFfj1

40 points: RUSH to get the 3 mana nodes, this is very important because you will have mana problems until you do high damage AND find the right mana leech jewlery piece. I kept these 3 nodes until mid 60s.
http://poeurl.com/zavFhnI

53 points: Block chance, life and damage nodes.
http://poeurl.com/zavFjCs

64 points: Block chance upgrade, life AND FLASK NODES, survivability will stop becoming an issue at this point.
http://poeurl.com/zavFlDs

72 points: Edge of tree for block chance and damage nodes.
http://poeurl.com/zavFnkY

81 points: Get mana leech to remove the 3 mana nodes. Now get the final block nodes on the templar tree, get the life leech nodes, Unwavering Stance (I didn't get this until lvl 78 tbh, when getting stunned became a problem, but never before) and Retaliation (the damage node while using a shield on the big wheel of Duelist). At this point I'm asuming you're using a 4Link only.
http://poeurl.com/zavFpff

93 points: Unrelenting so you can use your 5Link without mana issues and get more life. Juggernaut for 20% more life from flask, armour bonus and life. Bloodless for more life.
http://poeurl.com/zavFq4v

103 points: Herbalism and Constitution wheel. I haven't reached this point but I'm only 2-3 levels away, 20% flask recovery speed and 20% more life from flasks giving us a final 100% extra life from flasks, amazing. And of course more and more life.
http://poeurl.com/zavFsJl

Bandits: Oak, Oak, Kill All. 40 Life and 18% Phys Dmg are amazing for this build. On the tree we can get an Endurance Charge that is right on our path so it's better to just get the skillpoint, you can switch it around with 1 regret, unlike choosing 1 endurance charge, then you're stuck with it unless you spend like 20 regrets on the reset.

Current EQUIPS:
Spoiler
All the uniques you need: *All cost 5-10C, 4L Belly is only about 15-20c.

Jewelry: I paid 3C for each ring, 2C for amulet.
*You NEED 1% mana in any of them (easier to find on rings) for you to be free of mana worries.

Flask: I don't have rumi's, not yet, but if you want it change it for Atziri's or Granite, depending on what you're going to fight.

GEM LINKS:
Spoiler
*All gems should be maxed except CWDT, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call and Tempest Shield.
* Before your reduced mana hits lvl 18, you won't be able to run all 3 gems and have enough mana for Infernal Blow. Just run Hatred + Herald of Ash until you can run Tempest Shield and have enough mana left, Tempest Shield truly is just an extra thing simply because we can't run a better damage/defence aura. What I mean to say is, it's not vital to the build, but only a bonus that gives the cherry on top.

CWDT (Lvl 9) + Enduring Cry (Lvl 10) + Immortal Call (Lvl 9) + Increased Duration (Helmet)
Reduced Mana + Tempest Shield (Lvl 1) + Hatred + Herald of Ash (Gloves)
Vengeance + Reckoning + Melee Physical Dmg + Added Fire Dmg (Boots)
Riposte + Melee Physical Dmg + Added Fire Dmg (Shield)
Infernal Blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Attack Speed + 5Link: Melee Physical Damage + 6Link: Added Fire Damage.
Vaal Haste (Put this on on your 6th unlinked sloth from your armour)

Why Infernal Blow?
Less desynchy than Cyclone, more control over your character, and a LOT less mana hungry, and DPS are a bit higher I believe because we don't need to link blood magic and life gain on hit, and we're always sitting on the enemies punching them to hell.

Why are the Counter Gems secondary gems?
Because you're not going to wait until you get attacked to do damage, because it would be boring (if albeit funny) after a while. And because it's faster to use IB as a main attack.

IDEAS TO TEST

1. Try Tabula + Lioneye's Remorse Survavility/Damage combo, see if it's viable end game.
2. Try one of the counter gems + Curse on hit + Curse
3. Try equip swaping for complicated spell caster fights such as Dom, Merveil and Piety on maps with hard mods.
4. Go for max spellblock as well, without dropping defences, and keeping DPS high.

Last edited by RXXQ on Jan 30, 2015, 11:16:17 PM
I just love the idea of your build and your tankness ! Awesome build !

But still i got a question : what's your single target skill ?

From what I know, infernal blow is not a good single target killer..so can u just change a gem when ur against a boss ? Like molten strike ?
"
justice__ wrote:
I just love the idea of your build and your tankness ! Awesome build !

But still i got a question : what's your single target skill ?

From what I know, infernal blow is not a good single target killer..so can u just change a gem when ur against a boss ? Like molten strike ?

molten strike do not work with facebreaker
IB is fine at single target you can switch out melee splash for add fire
best single target skill for facebreaker is probably frenzy
Write random stuff here
Thanks for the reply !

An other question : is this build newbie friendly ? Can it be even more tanky (i love immortality) ?
"
justice__ wrote:
Thanks for the reply !

An other question : is this build newbie friendly ? Can it be even more tanky (i love immortality) ?

Infernal Blow, Cyclone, Dominating Blow, Shield Charge, Elemental Hit and Frenzy are our only choices.

Once you swap Melee Splash for Added Fire (both lvl 18, no %quality) my DPS buffed with Flask and Vaal Haste goes up to 85k at lvl 80.

As for more tankyness, the entire tree is nothing but life nods and block nodes, the only change could be something like changing the 5 starter nodes, instead of getting the 5 physica dmg, get the 5 armour+life ones.

And yeah, very newbie friendly, only needs a 4L armour for good damage and everything costs 3 to 10c, and the 10c price is for near perfect rolls, if you go for mid rolls you can buy all the uniques for like 4-5c each, that's what I did, then when I got more chaos I just bought better versions and sold the ones I used at first.

These are some of the items I used leveling, didn't swap them until like 65-70:

Spoiler
Mh, the build seems really strong, I'm going to try it as soon as I get some currency on Bloodlines :)
Just a thing : did you consider going for some spellblock in your gear or would it turn out to be actually bad ?
I've read nothing new that I didn't already read @http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
"
Vadler wrote:
Mh, the build seems really strong, I'm going to try it as soon as I get some currency on Bloodlines :)
Just a thing : did you consider going for some spellblock in your gear or would it turn out to be actually bad ?

I've been trying to hit lvl 85-86 before going for spellblock build that doesn't make your dps go to shit.

I actually leveled using these:

It was really fun, but the low resists make the search for jewelry much much harder.

I have a few ideas but I'm thinking I can do this:
Great Old One Shield 10%
Lazhwar 50%
Rainbows 25%
Rumi's 15%

Thus, using Rumi's it gives you max block and spellblock. Giving up the amulet slot proves to get full resistances quite difficult and drops your dps a little bit, thankfully Great Old One keeps them up.

I'll post later once I work a way around higher spellblock, I've been playing with all these options lately.

Thing is, I've never ever been close to dying from spells, at all, physical damage on the other hand is a non-stop threat since we're using Abyssus. But yeah I do want to try it.

At this point, using Rainbows + a High Armour/Resistance/Life Shield or Resistance/Life Boots with Great Old One Shield gives you about 10-15% spellblock which has proven to be very effective alone.

*EDIT: My current set up allows me to switch my Amulet:
for a Lazhwar when fighting Piety or Dom because the real issue with them is Lightning spells, everything else is fine.
Last edited by RXXQ on Jan 2, 2015, 11:51:46 PM
"
sklipnoty wrote:
I've read nothing new that I didn't already read @http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421

Yeah and:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/498748
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394/
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822139
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2pcoq1/crit_reckoningvengeanceriposte_tank_aka_the/

I never said I invented this build. It's a combination of many builds I've read about and played myself.

I've been playing Facebreaker variants since I joined the game, but they always felt too expensive, gimmicky or lacking nearing lvl 80 and beyond.

Except this time it feels very very tanky AND strong, people have commented on it in game and all, so I decided to post this because I got a lot of questions in game.

Also, unlike the build you posted, mine has much more dps, twice the block chance, doesn't rely on blood magic or mana nodes, it uses counter gems are secondary bonuses not main, etc. It's a very different take.
I got a question regarding Tempest Shield you say that you should keep it at level1, however yours are level14 in the gloves?. And if its not to much to ask for, is there a chance you could make level range points? and not just show us the 98/120 points build.

Edit: You also didn't say which Bandits you took.
Last edited by Jungla_ on Jan 3, 2015, 10:12:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info