Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.0] The Original Chaos/Physical 2H-Axe BM Cyclone | All mapmods | MF-able | AoE Focus |

Thanks for sharing this. :)
Censored.
Thanks for taking the time to post your build ... lots of fun, kills the screen like discharge but without all the negatives :D
Im curious what your 6 link dps would be using Cyclone+BM+Lgoh+conc+faster attacks+melee physical and HoA+Haste+Hatred auras (my current 2h cycloner setup, but with a rare axe, but no 6 linked)

I think you'd get more dps/clearspeed from running that instead of bm keystone honestly.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
There's many ways to optimize dps and killspeed Edzilla, probably the best is going dagger and flicker strike.

This build was about making a cyclone that was focused on the area of the cyclone, and it turned out to work very very well. I think as a whole this build is complete to a very high degree for what i wanted it to be. It is quite a different experience from just an effective dps cycloner, and from comments it seems i am not the only that like it.

Also aoe on cyclone is grossly underestimated. It gets more apparent the more you stack. When you stack increases that give base radius, and other increases that "increase" the radius, suddenly your cyclone grows enormous.

That said, probably you can optimize various aspects. Auras come to mind, but BM keystone gives a certain freedom and you might say it indirectly gives you life regen since it doesn't have a multiplier. It just feels free and good, i really like it.

The calculations i did on auras actually weren't a big gain and it made me far more vulnerable, both due higher attack cost, but also because of elemental reflect. You also have to consider that if you want more than 2 mediocre auras you need to invest many points which will lead to much less weapon dps nodes and life nodes.

The build i have now i actually had to reduce dps to get some more life points, it was dangerous in some maps, sometimes i could almost die from phys reflect before immortal call procced, because the area is large and hits so many at a time.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Also aoe on cyclone is grossly underestimated.

I should say! I always wanted a cyclone build that actually did damage (don't have patience for slow take down, I don't care how fun the build is to play; that crap wears off after cruel) and this fits the bill. I thought about auras but like you not sure you aren't paying more than you get, if you see what I mean.

I am experimenting now with vaal gems. Lord knows with all the unused sockets with no auras and therefore RM's there is plenty of room.

Having a blast, thanks again!
Censored.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
There's many ways to optimize dps and killspeed Edzilla, probably the best is going dagger and flicker strike.

This build was about making a cyclone that was focused on the area of the cyclone, and it turned out to work very very well. I think as a whole this build is complete to a very high degree for what i wanted it to be. It is quite a different experience from just an effective dps cycloner, and from comments it seems i am not the only that like it.

Also aoe on cyclone is grossly underestimated. It gets more apparent the more you stack. When you stack increases that give base radius, and other increases that "increase" the radius, suddenly your cyclone grows enormous.

That said, probably you can optimize various aspects. Auras come to mind, but BM keystone gives a certain freedom and you might say it indirectly gives you life regen since it doesn't have a multiplier. It just feels free and good, i really like it.

The calculations i did on auras actually weren't a big gain and it made me far more vulnerable, both due higher attack cost, but also because of elemental reflect. You also have to consider that if you want more than 2 mediocre auras you need to invest many points which will lead to much less weapon dps nodes and life nodes.

The build i have now i actually had to reduce dps to get some more life points, it was dangerous in some maps, sometimes i could almost die from phys reflect before immortal call procced, because the area is large and hits so many at a time.

With 20/20 LGoH and Blood Rage, there is zero reason you should be dying to reflect, even with auras. I saw your map video though - doesn't really make too much sense - was the guy you were grouping with running all the aura buffs? You shouldn't of got that close to dying - I've ran phys reflect mod maps while running into an ele reflect pack (even double phys reflect) and I run Hatred + HoA, and was doing 20k tooltip dps at the time using conc effect... i had zero issues.

Optimizing to get more damage, and losing nothing should never be a downside, if you're running as tanky as a build as you are.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on May 16, 2015, 1:30:13 AM
Having a lot of fun I must say thank you for bringing me back to when I just used to play mararudar melee builds.

Last edited by Reloads on May 18, 2015, 11:41:09 PM
Edzilla it was actually just hatred and i think not even with many aura nodes. The reason that is was so hard was that it was a double reflect map and it had elemental weakness. It also had no regen on top of that.

Elemental weakness hits me hard in a ele reflect map because my resists are not overcapped, so it almost tripples the threat of ele reflect, all in all it is almost a quad resist map with those 3 mods. The no regen on top of that was just beastly, because then i was unable to slow dps to regen, and the regen is quite significant in this build.. All in all, the reflect causes me to lose hp while attacking while i got hatred on, so the only way to heal was with flasks. Before the party gets in range i am clearing it fine alone, but then they come with hatred.

You may believe it or not, but as i said, on huge groups i sometimes almost insta killed myself before immortal call procced on double phys reflect. I tested the build quite rigorously on the hardest maps i could get my hands on, and i wanted to make a faceroll build where you had to fail hard to die, having played too much overpowered glass cannon where you couldn't really relax while playing. That means i wanted protection against all those dumb things that could get me killed, to make the ultimate faceroll build. Earlier on i was running a build with more dps and more life i believe, been a while so i can't fully remember, but i had to reduce the dps a bit and adjust the build because i was experiencing too many close calls with physical reflect, even with cwdt immortal call.

Another situation that could get you killed was partying with someone with hatred while the rest of the group have lousy dps = mobs take time to die and you do all the work = you can't sustain against ele reflect hatred with just life on hit, and regen/leech over time. I wanted to make a build that had as few weaknesses as possible, one i could play like a total nub in, while not paying attention at all and still not die.

And guys you are welcome, just glad someone else can have some fun with this build too. I will revisit this when act 4 is released to update it, hopefully the cwdt enduring cry nerf didn't hit it too hard.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jun 1, 2015, 2:36:24 PM
Wanted to report here that I successfully did Apex last night w/lvl 83 scion. She has 5.6k hp. I purchased a 5 link disfavour over the weekend (prior to my purchase I was using Kaom's) and waited until she went up a level to attempt it. Got killed more than once by Atziri, once by the 3 idiots, and zero by trash mobs and the twins.

Excellent build, really. This is the lowest level character to date for me I have successfully done Atziri with. If anyone is interested I will link my gear. I am using carcass and running no auras. I relied completely on flasks to withstand fire and just ran away from storm calls (which I am used to doing anyway with my other character).

I am experienced with Atziri but not with a melee build and this is my first cycloner so keeping Atziri from healing with my lack of experience showed, but it's not hard.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Wanted to report here that I successfully did Apex last night w/lvl 83 scion. She has 5.6k hp. I purchased a 5 link disfavour over the weekend (prior to my purchase I was using Kaom's) and waited until she went up a level to attempt it. Got killed more than once by Atziri, once by the 3 idiots, and zero by trash mobs and the twins.

Excellent build, really. This is the lowest level character to date for me I have successfully done Atziri with. If anyone is interested I will link my gear. I am using carcass and running no auras. I relied completely on flasks to withstand fire and just ran away from storm calls (which I am used to doing anyway with my other character).

I am experienced with Atziri but not with a melee build and this is my first cycloner so keeping Atziri from healing with my lack of experience showed, but it's not hard.

I m interested in seeing your gear / passive

Is no aura really more effective?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info