Pohx's Crit Glacial Cascade Build ( Just Gear and Youtube For Now )

"
Aegineer wrote:
Yeah, the pyre ring didn't seem to work out too well.

General question...does the increased AOE gem work with the shatters from HOI? I really can't tell if it has any change.

This continues to be the most fun I have had in PoE yet....!

if the Gem is attached to HOI it'll probably work
"
Dreel wrote:

it fine for the build dude?

If you want to use a carcass that's up to you. CoD is leaps and bounds better for defensive reasons, as for the helm I would say you're much better off getting a 90+ life helm with 200 + es
"
blehhh wrote:
Does the vaal grace work with CWDT? Mine never seems to cast.

No. it's just in there for an extra link to manually cast. It's not needed at all
"
termite64 wrote:
At some point you talked about using Cold to Fire along with AA to mitigate cold reflect. Have you tried it yet and/or is it still in your plans?

I'm not far enough along to add AA, but I'll give it a try later.

Also, I tried to simulate the conversion with a pyre ring, but it screws up the freeze and I can't really tell what's going on.

possibly as a 5/6 Link I would use it. since i'm @ 100K dps with conc if i'm in a party it's rather scary. As for solo I kill things waaay too fast to even take reflect damage.

The problem is you would ideally want to use PCOC in group play so it's really up to the player
"
Markyhennon wrote:
Hey Pohx, long time glacial cascade user here :)

I was very happy when I heard that you are using glacial cascade, but the same time a little bit disappointed cuz I realized its a crit build.

The last ladder (rampage) I tried in and out almost everything related to glacial cascade(I loved the skill, but couldn't find any build here that I liked, so I kinda built it from zero), from support gems to crit-no crit, and in my opininon, no-crit is the way to go.

I cleared lvl78 maps, and killed Atziri with my build
sadly I can't link how my tree looked like, but with the new tree I'd probably go with this:

Items:

Spoiler

please don't mind some of the gems and craft mods, I'm trying out some other things ^^

okay, talk about some of the items

pledge of hands - first of all, im using this, cuz its basically a 7 link (well, not mine) and the 100% mana is just superawesome, since I'm using carcass jack instead of CoD, without it I probably can't run lvl20+ AA

carcass jack - aoe, aoe dmg, life, res
since I'm using this, I don't need increased aoe gem for getting max hit/target (3-4)

now the gems:

cold to fire is just the most AWESOME MOT****************** gem in the whole game, I just love it, it gives you like 50% damred (with AA), PLUS a ton of damage from glacial cascade, PLUS a ton of damage from added cold damage -> thats why I'm using added cold instead of added chaos
fcr - conc effect for, you know, more damage etc.
for 6link I'd probably go like this: glacial cascade - added cold dmg - cold to fire - conc effect - fcr - life leech - (spell echo from staff)

with 5l I'm often switching my gem setup, depending on the enemy I face
VS. Atziri, I'm using glacial cascade - cold pen - fcr - conc effect - life leech - (spell echo)

VS. reflect maps: glacial cascade- added cold - cold to fire - conc effect - fcr (spell echo)

life would be easy with 6link but w/e : )

as for auras, I'm running clarity, herald of ice, herald of thunder, purity of fire + cold
+ AA

with this setup right now (although I'm using a little bit different skill tree) I have 20k dmg, 4.6k life and 80/80/75 resist

I hope you'll get some ideas from this post, I'm really excited to see more about your char
GL with it :)

I personally do not agree with going non crit. there is nothing wrong with it but if you're saying you're using a 5L pledge and only hitting 20k damage then it's simply not enough for me. I'm very happy with how my current character has turned out and I don't really see any down sides with it at all

The skill has a 6% Base crit and is easy to mitigate reflect with, I really can't see a reason to not go crit

5L pledge is like 8+ Ex my staff costed me 6 chisels / similar 5L's were 5-10 chaos
Last edited by Pohx on Dec 30, 2014, 8:02:41 PM
Thanks for the build. I'm having a lot of fun with this new character!

Last edited by Wozmon on Dec 31, 2014, 3:03:14 AM

Pretty much the setup I've been using. It's not 100% ideal, but its working by far. Dropped herald of ice for Discipline for mana regen purposes. May re-visit herald later on when gear gets better

With power charges, sitting around 20k DPS at level 83. Leaning more towards tanky then I am damage ATM. Defiantly loving it :)
IGN: Death__By__Desync (bloodlines)
Last edited by Pilboshab on Dec 31, 2014, 6:14:03 PM
"
Pilboshab wrote:

Pretty much the setup I've been using. It's not 100% ideal, but its working by far. Dropped herald of ice for Discipline for mana regen purposes. May re-visit herald later on when gear gets better

With power charges, sitting around 20k DPS at level 83. Leaning more towards tanky then I am damage ATM. Defiantly loving it :)

pledge works really well since you get the extra link for conc, it'll easily carry your damage without HoI
"
Pohx wrote:
"
Pilboshab wrote:

pledge works really well since you get the extra link for conc, it'll easily carry your damage without HoI

Thats pretty much how I felt. Only problem I am fearing is reflect with this much damage, don't think it should be a problem, but you never know
IGN: Death__By__Desync (bloodlines)
Last edited by Pilboshab on Dec 31, 2014, 6:35:24 PM
Hi, i have noob question, im not getting power charges, i have curse on hit linked with assasin's mark, but it looks like it never triggers it. Do i have to manually cast that cruse?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info