Pohx's Crit Glacial Cascade Build ( Just Gear and Youtube For Now )

"
DannyJunPark wrote:
Pohx, having a great time with this setup! It's currently my highest level in Torment. Mine is slightly different due to me playing in Torment, but I've been having zero trouble with leveling this far even successfully solo-ing merciless Dom. at level 65 with only two portal scrolls!

Anyways, I have a lot of power charges to fill out, but I feel like I have trouble keeping them up even with Assassin's Mark. Do you think I should add PCOC or keep Added Chaos Damage? Here is my layout so far.

Spoiler

Actually, it's just during boss fights do I run out of charges.

I would keep the added chaos and for a 5L go for Pcoc, it's standard for party play anyways
Don't know if anyone has asked yet, but why don't you use cold pen? It may be more beneficial than Inc AOE. Or is it a problem of reflect?
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Don't know if anyone has asked yet, but why don't you use cold pen? It may be more beneficial than Inc AOE. Or is it a problem of reflect?

Your damage dealt is hybrid between many sources, and reflect would destroy you
Looking for a clan/guild? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1889102

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/rh8FXgt
Pohx, could the build work with

?
I have a question. So the Cloak of Defiance will be the corestone of this build? Is anything can replace that. Like put a Life Leech with Glacial.
"
Wulfstan11 wrote:
Pohx, could the build work with

?

Taryns isn't that great, just stick with a +2
"
as921011 wrote:
I have a question. So the Cloak of Defiance will be the corestone of this build? Is anything can replace that. Like put a Life Leech with Glacial.

Yeah, CoD adds a ton of E-HP
Hey Pohx,

What do you think of using Voidbringer? Would the crit chance be worth?

Also, do you have any advice for this staff?

Regaled it after I rolled +1 gems and the fire res. Not sure how rare +1 gems is. Right now my options are A) master crafting spell damage and calling it a day or B) scour and try again

Or should I be looking for +2 cold instead?

I also modified your build a little: link for more potential life+crit (hired killer+true strike) and even more hp later on. Most ice builds I've seen go for those ice nodes at the top, but I'm guessing you skip those for a reason?

Thanks!

edit: I also just noticed, you don't run the standard cwdt setup (cwdt+endcry+i.c.+inc duration)?

Last edited by Linfei on Feb 3, 2015, 8:32:39 PM
"
Hey Pohx,

What do you think of using Voidbringer? Would the crit chance be worth?

Also, do you have any advice for this staff?

Regaled it after I rolled +1 gems and the fire res. Not sure how rare +1 gems is. Right now my options are A) master crafting spell damage and calling it a day or B) scour and try again

Or should I be looking for +2 cold instead?

I also modified your build a little: link for more potential life+crit (hired killer+true strike) and even more hp later on. Most ice builds I've seen go for those ice nodes at the top, but I'm guessing you skip those for a reason?

Thanks!

edit: I also just noticed, you don't run the standard cwdt setup (cwdt+endcry+i.c.+inc duration)?

I'd drop the staff and go with a +2 similar to mine.

Voidbringers are w/e you have a ton of crit chance already and you're just dropping life at that point.

As for taking ice nodes, GC is a hybrid spell, it's not a pure ice spell. Taking nodes ice nodes are like 70% ( Since it doesn't work for the phys ) effective where as crit/cast speed / AoE / spell dmg etc are all 100%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info