Pohx's Crit Glacial Cascade Build ( Just Gear and Youtube For Now )

"
daleroy wrote:
Ripped at 80 with this build last night in a 77 Shrine (hasted Aboaxath spawn will do that).

It's definitly fun and has good clearing speed. Tooltip was around 12k before charges when I ripped, with 3.6k HP and MoM.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4EBwSzBUIHHgj0DkgRlhNxFm8Wvxo4HRQkqiaVJy8snC0fNj06WDwFPV9BlkLDRKtJUUyzUDBSU1VLVa5VxliuXfJepV8qYeJirGNDZJ1mnmpDbIxtGXBScNVzs35Zf8aCEIIegpuD24nTjDaOZI9Gj6aP-pBVlSCVLpeVl_SaO5uhnaqf36IAoqOsmK6ztvq86sAawFTAZsHz0PXVptsL217fhN-K37DjauOE6-Tr9ew47TzvfPAf8NXyHfem99f60g==

I tried Atziri for a laugh in a standard afterwoods. The trash was easy, but Vaal wrecked me. Just didn't have enough DPS to burst it down.

3600 life ? LOL'd high.
I have that much life at merc shrine farming.
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
Something really werid, been farming dock sinc elvl 62 to lvl 68 and had no problem with docs at all. Than I decide to move on and get to piety and holy crap getting killed a lot around those maps, is it just the maps are bad for gc coz of all the stuff in the way or does dmg just spike up a lot more?

Currently running +3 staff, cloak of defience, and unique crit glove.
Last edited by RexZShadow on Jan 20, 2015, 7:20:08 PM
You think picking up Fingers of Frost and Breath of Rime would be worth? Also running Tasalio's Sign? Also a good 4L might be Curse on Hit + Herald of Thunder + Elemental Weakness + Frostbite if you're going to go dual curse. I was just looking at this build on Reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57dha9-7XoU&feature=youtu.be (Non-crit Perma-freeze ice shot) and it seems some of these ideas could translate well into this build as well. I'd like your insight Pohx. :)
IGN: Constantly Changing
Well without assassin's mark you have no way of getting power charges to boost your crit and dmg overall so I don't think you should drop that. The second curse is up to you, pohx use temp chain to increase freeze time but you can use w/e you think is better for you.
Right. That'd be the initial cast done manually. Then proccing with HoT/CoH for the other two to do more damage. Just an idea. And temporal chains is good too. I'm going to mess around with it.

I hit 41. It's a solid build. Transitioned to GC at 31 with Spell Echo/FC/ACD and I havent had trouble with anything. I think I'll follow the core until 71. I may spec into Rime/Frost of Breath to increase my chance to freeze more if I'm not doing it enough already. Saving up for CoF right now.
IGN: Constantly Changing
Last edited by GeistDawg on Jan 22, 2015, 3:22:26 AM
I've been running this build for a week. It's been going smoothly.
I usually run Poachers Mark as the second curse to gain 15% cast speed. I carry a temp chains to swap depending on mobs or boss.
Atziri's promise helps with a moderate dps boost and some life regen.
IGN:LootingLemur,SlipperyBogel
GMT -4:00
"
GeistDawg wrote:
Right. That'd be the initial cast done manually. Then proccing with HoT/CoH for the other two to do more damage. Just an idea. And temporal chains is good too. I'm going to mess around with it.

I hit 41. It's a solid build. Transitioned to GC at 31 with Spell Echo/FC/ACD and I havent had trouble with anything. I think I'll follow the core until 71. I may spec into Rime/Frost of Breath to increase my chance to freeze more if I'm not doing it enough already. Saving up for CoF right now.

Well then you have 3 curse and only 2 of them be on at once XD, I running it for a week now and lvl 75 started doing like some maps only 66-68 but I kill stuff so fast it doesn't really matter too much and I find the auto casting for mark and temp chain to be much more useful as not having to manually cast mark allow for more dps and temp chain will save you ass if you get shit close to you. Only issue I ran in to so far are bulky heavy phy bosses that wreck me coz I can't freeze them yet.

Currently running +3 staff 4L and 9k ish tool tip dmg.
Pohx why do you use link: Glacial Cascade - Spell Echo - Faster Cast - Increased Area of Effect - ! Added Chaos Damage
Why Chaos damage? Would not it be better if use Concetrated Effect instead Chaos Damage? He is have +50% More Area damage on 1 lvl and 30% reduced area of effect radius, but gem Increased Area of Effect balances this minus + you did not take talent to increase the damage chaos, then Concetrated Effect has more priority than the Chaos Damage, or no?

Explain please. And say to the perfect 6 link for Glacial Cascade.
(sory for my english, i bad understand him)
Pohx, having a great time with this setup! It's currently my highest level in Torment. Mine is slightly different due to me playing in Torment, but I've been having zero trouble with leveling this far even successfully solo-ing merciless Dom. at level 65 with only two portal scrolls!

Anyways, I have a lot of power charges to fill out, but I feel like I have trouble keeping them up even with Assassin's Mark. Do you think I should add PCOC or keep Added Chaos Damage? Here is my layout so far.

Spoiler

Actually, it's just during boss fights do I run out of charges.
Last edited by DannyJunPark on Jan 26, 2015, 8:00:16 PM
"
gizmo032 wrote:
Pohx why do you use link: Glacial Cascade - Spell Echo - Faster Cast - Increased Area of Effect - ! Added Chaos Damage
Why Chaos damage? Would not it be better if use Concetrated Effect instead Chaos Damage? He is have +50% More Area damage on 1 lvl and 30% reduced area of effect radius, but gem Increased Area of Effect balances this minus + you did not take talent to increase the damage chaos, then Concetrated Effect has more priority than the Chaos Damage, or no?

Explain please. And say to the perfect 6 link for Glacial Cascade.
(sory for my english, i bad understand him)

Added Chaos gem scales off everything GC Scales off of.

Crit
Spell Damage
Cast Speed
AoE Damage

It's free damage that is ( Non Reflect-able )
Last edited by Pohx on Jan 27, 2015, 2:28:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info