[1.3] CRIT ARC/STORMCALL WITCH - Torment League CHEAP Atziri Farmer - Atziri Kill Video Added!

Thanks for the work on this nice guide mate.

I made a few Arcs already, nice to see how others build them.
I'm lvl 90 and decided to switch to this build, from a non-crit arc witch.
is it worth buying a 20/20 curse on hit and herald of ice?
idk about 20q on herald of ice, if you have $$ to spare then sure, but it won't add much dps

lvl 20 on HOI definitely helps more tho.

curse on hit? the better your defensive pieces are, the less strenghth u need on ur enfeeble coh for atziri. power charges sustained easily regardless of CoH lvl/quality as long as assassin's mark is 20/20.
Any defensive mechanic besides Artic armour? I ran out of mana everytime , having a hard time
I am missing something with this. I currently cannot survive reflect in maps. the only way to clear the mobs I find is by taking out just a couple of monsters at a time. My AA gets turned off so quickly that if I sustain the casting of arc I die within 3-5 secs every time. I even bumped up My lightning resist to 75/170, and still cannot maintain mana on reflect maps. Are you skipping these maps or changing out your gems or links. My witch is lv 82 and even doing a Dry Peninsula map with reflect drained my xp from 40% to nothing in a matter of minutes....

My skill tree is identical to the tee, but I honestly probably did not select the same bandit rewards that you list, but don't see why that would matter that much.
My mana regen is 321/sec which I thought was pretty high. I am playing on Standard on a witch that was previously a different build no longer viable. I wanted to get the idea before spending time starting a new witch in Torment, but don't dare try now due to this one issue.
"
Viperface wrote:
I am missing something with this. I currently cannot survive reflect in maps. the only way to clear the mobs I find is by taking out just a couple of monsters at a time. My AA gets turned off so quickly that if I sustain the casting of arc I die within 3-5 secs every time. I even bumped up My lightning resist to 75/170, and still cannot maintain mana on reflect maps. Are you skipping these maps or changing out your gems or links. My witch is lv 82 and even doing a Dry Peninsula map with reflect drained my xp from 40% to nothing in a matter of minutes....

My skill tree is identical to the tee, but I honestly probably did not select the same bandit rewards that you list, but don't see why that would matter that much.
My mana regen is 321/sec which I thought was pretty high. I am playing on Standard on a witch that was previously a different build no longer viable. I wanted to get the idea before spending time starting a new witch in Torment, but don't dare try now due to this one issue.

Reflect maps are not gonna be your friend with this build. You could equip a Saffell's Frame and run Purity of Lightning for 81% lightning resist, but your still gonna get wrecked by elemental reflect.

Reroll elemental reflect maps, do not run them! For that matter, in all maps you need to mouse over all rares before spamming Arc to see if the mob is has elemental reflect. You can instagib yourself damn near instantly if you go full HAM, especially with a crit build.

The only real way to safely mitigate elemental reflect with a high damage Arc build is to spec into Vaal Pact and run a high level life leech gem, which isn't really possible with this build without drastically changing the tree.

You can also setup a CWDT with Immortal Call and Increased Duration for when you get lazy and dont spot a reflect pack. In most cases this will save you, but it still wont allow you to run elemental reflect maps reliably.
EDIT: Just discovered that IC does not help against reflect, it will trigger IC, but wont prevent damage coming through.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Last edited by Taiberius on Jan 5, 2015, 3:42:59 PM
"
Taiberius wrote:
"
Viperface wrote:

Reflect maps are not gonna be your friend with this build. You could equip a Saffell's Frame and run Purity of Lightning for 81% lightning resist, but your still gonna get wrecked by elemental reflect.

Reroll elemental reflect maps, do not run them! For that matter, in all maps you need to mouse over all rares before spamming Arc to see if the mob is has elemental reflect. You can instagib yourself damn near instantly if you go full HAM, especially with a crit build.

The only real way to safely mitigate elemental reflect with a high damage Arc build is to spec into Vaal Pact and run a high level life leech gem, which isn't really possible with this build without drastically changing the tree.

You can also setup a CWDT with Immortal Call and Increased Duration for when you get lazy and dont spot a reflect pack. In most cases this will save you, but it still wont allow you to run elemental reflect maps reliably.

I guess that was kind of an obvious answer. Thanx tho for clarifying the reflect problem and solution.

I will definitely be skipping the reflect maps from here on out. Unless I change out my wand which has 10.48 crit chance, or drastically modify the tree points.
"
I will definitely be skipping the reflect maps from here on out. Unless I change out my wand which has 10.48 crit chance, or drastically modify the tree points.

the local crit chance on your wand has nothing to do with the critical strike chance of the spell, local crit only applies to attacks made with the weapon (barrage, power siphon, kinetic blast for wands)
"

Immortal call will only block physical damage, so it wont help you survive through reflect at all. For me, I have ~24 k arc now and I still do fine vs. reflect mobs if I use my topaz flask, even though I only have 2% life leech. A life leech gem with quality would help you out greatly vs. reflect.
"
YJShin wrote:
Immortal call will only block physical damage, so it wont help you survive through reflect at all. For me, I have ~24 k arc now and I still do fine vs. reflect mobs if I use my topaz flask, even though I only have 2% life leech. A life leech gem with quality would help you out greatly vs. reflect.

Wow, I can't believe I've been playing this game for over a year and never new this. The reflected damage triggers immortal call but your right, the damage still goes through.

The wiki spells it out here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Immortal_Call

I'll edit my response to the above poster so as not to perpetuate incorrect info. Thanks YJShin.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info