[1.3] CRIT ARC/STORMCALL WITCH - Torment League CHEAP Atziri Farmer - Atziri Kill Video Added!

I think you posted the wrong tree.
Indeed I did hehe.

Already edited my post
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
I can't agree with you that Heart of thunder and the witch starting mana regen nodes are a waste of points. I also think Celestial Judgement is too excellent of a node to pass up, like you did in your tree.

The templar starting regen nodes I could agree that they are not neccessary for some people, but I would lack mana regen without these nodes so I chose to take them over the shadow starting cast speed/ele dmg nodes. This is just personal preference.

My general understanding of your tree is that you focus more on crit for damage rather than stacking elemental/lightning damage, which I agree would work but would only be effective with legacy crit gear and dual wielding wands.

You have to remember that this is a torment league setup, where crit is not as easy to stack and high end gear is still scarce. If I was playing this on standard league my tree would look very different and I would be using a pair of acuities and dual wielding wands and using a 6link cloak with dual diamond rings and a legacy crit amulet with spell dmg life and mana regen. But since I don't have access to this kind of gear on Torment like I do in Standard, I chose to just stack lightning damage and build much tankier than I normally would.

I've done plenty of mapping with this build and I wouldn't say its unoptimized. You can't be making statements like "your tree is clearly unoptimized" without giving more solid evidence or playing a similar tree and speaking from your own experience. I agree from looking at your tree that vaal pact would be greatly improve mapping capability since the build would be safer against reflect (I've thought about vaal pact for a very long time while making this build) but I decided that it would be too much of a point-investment on the tree and safe gameplay with proper topaz flask usage and having a high life/mana pool was adequate defense vs. reflect. I could take aura nodes on the tree in the future and run purity of lightning too, for added safety.

Overall I understand that ur build could also work but for the purposes of this build being for a budget, start-of-the-league atziri killing setup (like the title of the build suggests) I think this tree suits the build well (over 200 atziri kills on Torment now). I think your tree is better suited for standard (possibly more than my tree is), and as a mostly standard player myself, I understand what you're trying to get at with tree with you've posted.

Also I'm a little confused on the minion node you took on the tree near the scion starting area, I'm guessing you didn't mean to take it.
So im following this build and i want this to be like my first atziri farming build, and i was wondering, around what level should i begin to think about trying to kill her? thanks in advance
"
YJShin wrote:
I can't agree with you that Heart of thunder and the witch starting mana regen nodes are a waste of points. I also think Celestial Judgement is too excellent of a node to pass up, like you did in your tree.

The templar starting regen nodes I could agree that they are not neccessary for some people, but I would lack mana regen without these nodes so I chose to take them over the shadow starting cast speed/ele dmg nodes. This is just personal preference.

My general understanding of your tree is that you focus more on crit for damage rather than stacking elemental/lightning damage, which I agree would work but would only be effective with legacy crit gear and dual wielding wands.

You have to remember that this is a torment league setup, where crit is not as easy to stack and high end gear is still scarce. If I was playing this on standard league my tree would look very different and I would be using a pair of acuities and dual wielding wands and using a 6link cloak with dual diamond rings and a legacy crit amulet with spell dmg life and mana regen. But since I don't have access to this kind of gear on Torment like I do in Standard, I chose to just stack lightning damage and build much tankier than I normally would.

I've done plenty of mapping with this build and I wouldn't say its unoptimized. You can't be making statements like "your tree is clearly unoptimized" without giving more solid evidence or playing a similar tree and speaking from your own experience. I agree from looking at your tree that vaal pact would be greatly improve mapping capability since the build would be safer against reflect (I've thought about vaal pact for a very long time while making this build) but I decided that it would be too much of a point-investment on the tree and safe gameplay with proper topaz flask usage and having a high life/mana pool was adequate defense vs. reflect. I could take aura nodes on the tree in the future and run purity of lightning too, for added safety.

Overall I understand that ur build could also work but for the purposes of this build being for a budget, start-of-the-league atziri killing setup (like the title of the build suggests) I think this tree suits the build well (over 200 atziri kills on Torment now). I think your tree is better suited for standard (possibly more than my tree is), and as a mostly standard player myself, I understand what you're trying to get at with tree with you've posted.

Also I'm a little confused on the minion node you took on the tree near the scion starting area, I'm guessing you didn't mean to take it.

Looking back now, I think you do have a point. My passive tree truly requires another type of gear, and it really shines on Standard.

I have a terrible headache and fever atm, I should keep the discussion up on some of the topics I raised but I will leave that for another time.

I'm afraid i misclicked that point when I opened up the passive tree to copy the link :)

OT: I'm still bitter about the whole block nerf, I really thought once i had the perfect build, great damage, reflect immune, and massive block made the game so trivial. oh well..
Natrak 94 Witch | Low Life Crit Arc'er - Standard
Jannee 92 Templar | Low Life Wander - Standard
Ntk 74 Ranger | Low Life TS - Standard (idling)
Jaaneee 72 Ranger | LS Tank (idling)
Joramm 73 Templar | Ele cleaver - Hardcore (idling)
Last edited by Ntk on Dec 28, 2014, 9:56:24 AM
I am just hitting cruel with this build, and I am really liking it so far.

I am unsure of where to go next in the tree - do you think it is more efficient to get the templar side of the tree filled out, and go for crit on the shadow side later, or should I try and reach the crit nodes a bit earlier?
Leveling guide? TAking crit early?
Lvling wise I went for EB early to solve any problems with casting/mana etc, then went for templar nodes first then finished off with the shadow side of the tree.

Crit early is not mandatory, spell/light dmg with life/mana/mana regen is the most important, crit comes after you get your basic gears/setup first.
Last edited by YJShin on Dec 30, 2014, 4:47:26 AM
Where do I get enough dex to use AA and herald of ice?
"
qazqazqaz wrote:
Where do I get enough dex to use AA and herald of ice?

Gloves, rings, ammy or at least thats what i did with this build and i'm currently 75

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info