[1.3] CRIT ARC/STORMCALL WITCH - Torment League CHEAP Atziri Farmer - Atziri Kill Video Added!

gratz on 90, glad to see that people are still enjoying this build !
hey yinjinshin I saw you on Korean Gamer's stream a lot so I'm gonna use your build for 1 month league (maybe just for softcore).

see you around :)
Hi,

this is a nice build you posted. I am curious as to whether it could apply to me as a pretty new player. I mostly play standard due to lack of time. I cannot go through an economy reset every few weeks/months and sustain the rest of my life.

I am level 28 on a new witch and I am confused by all the different variants of this build. Crit vs no-crit, ES, evasion, arctic armour, vaal pact, etc etc. Everything has fundamental changes required to the skill tree. All I am looking for is a simple wtich build that I can play without much currency, basically low gear requirements (can spend 2-3c per slot). I am happy to skip elemental reflect maps, but I dont like a pure glass cannon type of play where I need to study monster affixes all the time before I can kill the rares.

I am so confused by all those Arc-build-variants, so much that I have stopped putting in skills since like level 11 just to avoid doing anything I would regret later on.

Basically my question is: Is your build good for my scenario? Can I invest the time without regretting it given my description of my playstyle? If not, what would you suggest?

Can this skill tree also support other skills if arc gets nerfed?

Cheers,
grandfatha
Last edited by grandfatha on Mar 30, 2015, 8:04:28 AM
This build certainly does work effectively on a tight budget. If you want to see a different arc build, for comparison, I have a different version posted at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1215516/page/1. I understand that low gear requirements is a priority and that build doesn't exactly fit that category but I am just showing you the tree for comparison.

If arc gets nerfed, this tree can make lightning tendrils and ball lightning work instead, with only 3 or 6 skill point changes depending on preference (take out points for the witch/templar aoe nodes). I kind of doubt arc will see a nerf soon though but I guess we never know what will happen.

I think this build (the original post, not the low life one I linked above) would be the best if you just want to have an effective, tanky with nice dps arc build on a small budget.
I want to try out a crit arc and I have a reset templar at my disposal. Would this tree work - http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFQgceCPQMfQ5IEH8RDxGWE54WQBZvFr8aOB0UJpUnLyj6LJwtHzpYQZZDyEWdRtdJUUyzTwRQMFNSVUtVxlcpW6Bd8l8qYeJjQ2SdZp5o8mpDaxdwUnDVcYV0VXwOfjN-r3_Ggh6Cm4LHg9uFfYnTjDaNGY5kj0aP-pBVlSCVLpo7muCboaIAoqOkkacIp1WsmK6ztvq4k7zqwBrAVMBmwfPGntD11abZX9rd2wvbXt2M4BLhc-Nq6-7r9ew47TzwH_DV8h33pvfX-ej60g==
?

I would have a little more than 2.5k total mana and 329% increased mana regen. Is that enough for lvl 21 AA + a legacy Cloak or should I invest in more mana nodes?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on May 2, 2015, 6:48:06 PM
The tree looks ok as is, your next points should go into either the witch or shadow starting cast speed / ele dmg / spell dmg nodes I think. As for your mana regen it would definitely be high enough for 21 arctic armor but I'm not sure about sustaining a consistent mana buffer for mind over matter. If you have at least 350 mana regen (the mana regen value on your defense page, not mana regen %) then it should be ok though.
This IS a nice build, only problem being "Elemental Reflect" damage.
Arc reaches off screen sometimes then...bang...dead !

Any help to remit this problem would be great as most of the maps I run usually have at least one reflecting minor boss and vaal pact is too far off tree.

mm at the damage I had (27k arc) and 4.4k life + 2k mana buffer I never had a problem with reflect packs if I used my topaz flask. Usually even if I didn't topaz I usually still stayed alive until the reflect mob was dead. Maybe you can increase your life/mana pool, and if you need to you can run a purity of lightning (and maybe drop of herald of ice, eliminating cold dmg reflection and freeing up more mana).

Also, investing in a 20q life leech gem is also a good idea. The increased life leech rate greatly helps vs. reflect mobs and packs.
Thanks for the reply.

Im not likely to get to the dps you have, Im running about 13k at the moment, level 87. Sadly my gear isn,t too good.

Im curently trying the build with lightning trap to kill the rare monsters with reflect, and Im trying out a Sibly,s Lament ring.

Doubt if I could do atziri runs tho !
Those sound like good ideas to deal with reflect.

If you ever need help on atziri you can use my atziri service :) just pm me in game at IMOUTO_PARTY if you ever need.
Last edited by YJShin on May 19, 2015, 1:02:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info