WTF is wrong with srtonboxes

STRONKBOXES MATE.

Okay, really, stop with this. Every day some new QQ posts, the idea is survive, not just walk and kill everything. Boxes gives you things... and the risk of die, choose what you want, but if you want to open the box... accept your destiny =D
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Hi.

Invest in a better logout macro.

Thanks.
why, all of sudden, players literally can't even strongboxes?
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
detonate / revive the death
try Flesh Offering < '_' * removes all corpses in seconds
DONT get detonate death ( this remove,s only 1 corps per cast ) flesh remove,s multiple

frozen nova / lightning storm / freezes u
try smoke trap / teleport < so easy

@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
Last edited by dragnar on Dec 18, 2014, 1:32:46 PM
The QQ on strongbox today is ...strong :)

If only there was a way to avoid being killed by strongboxes; like being able to change the modifications on it or just simply not interacting with them. That would be genius and basically cover all aspects of players and builds to include people playing on toasters and builds that die from a slight breeze.
/Sarcasm

Jokes aside, I have never frozen or even seen a slight twitch when opening a strongbox. Seriously think this is an area where an SSD helps a ton.

Couple of serious alternatives (although I think current system is fine for some of us):

1. Give every box an implicit that modifies monster/box effects start time. Something like:

"Strongbox opens after N seconds."

Lower the number (instant being lowest), bigger the IIQ (nothing insane...maybe 0 to 10%).

This would give blessed orbs a new home and enable people who play on a computer made out of stone a way to compensate.

2. Optimize Code

This is an obvious one, all code everywhere in every game could benefit from this -- it's just coder time.

3. Preload Assets

Preload all assets in each instance. The type of QQ would be different. "It takes 50-60 seconds to load an area -- GG QA terribad!"

4. Static Box Mods

All strong box mods are determined at time of instance creation and assets loaded then. Ultimately meaning you can't roll strongboxes any more. You get what you get.

Again, if it were only about me...I would say do nothing. I have no problems whatsoever with strongboxes even in the slightest. Any death that I've encountered from them were completely on me (Overconfident, under-prepared, etc.).
Last edited by Nubatron on Dec 18, 2014, 3:37:50 PM

That one gem is my best friend.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info