WTF is wrong with srtonboxes

"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
"

As for "wtf is wrong with" them, they unfortunately load all of the assets required for the mob spawns when they are opened, there is no preloading - this can cause significant FPS drops, as well as short computer freezes.

It should be removed then ,its broken, replace it with something else

+10000 to this.

Regardless of the fact that this has been explored numerous times, with massive amounts of testing by the community dedicated to overcoming the challenge presented by the limitations of the game engine to still allow us a high probability of survival and the ability to collect sometimes amazing loot - we NEED to remove these completely from the game.

Hell, if I had died twice to something I would be advocating for it to be removed as well :)

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Mudpony wrote:
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
U usualy dont see what mod is on rare box coz u need to ind it first and i doubt u lure mobs fromm room 30 feet from stronbox to kill them there just in case box roll detonate death

Even if there is bunch of death mobs around box it should not detonate half sec after u open it,atleast i should have chance to run from it

You have the same chance as you do with other ones (nova, firestorm, poison) and more than you do with the ones that freeze you.

Either open it intelligently (from the area with the least amount of corpses), use a currency to change the mods on the box, don't open it, use a skill that gets rid of the corpses (I use zombies as a corpse-be-gone on my lightning damage templar), or suck it up.

Dude im not talking about how to open those boxes or what to do before u open, im talking about why they sometimes detonate right afther u open them and sometines it take 2-3 or more sec

I opened 4-5 with detonate dead mod and run away,i had like 2 sec to move from it, now i open it and boom, it detonate immediately....why?

Atleast someone should explain how they worh so some new ppl dont uninstal game when they die from stupid mechanic like that one
IGN: Puskurcina
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
"

As for "wtf is wrong with" them, they unfortunately load all of the assets required for the mob spawns when they are opened, there is no preloading - this can cause significant FPS drops, as well as short computer freezes.

It should be removed then ,its broken, replace it with something else

or they could simply add a delay between opening and actualy placing the mobs, that way the game has time to load them.

on a funny note, i once open one with "protected by rares" or something of the likes, when i open it an ursa gang fall over me, one of them had the "more damage" mod... instant death :/
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Dec 17, 2014, 6:44:22 PM
"
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:

Yea,until they start to detonate before u open them

That is LITERALLY impossible, lol :P

Well im not sure anymore,im just w8ing for that to happen
And yes i forgot to add, same shit happened with ice nova mod,it trigered immediately....it was on standard so i didnt rage this much :)

But there is obviously something fishy there

no more corpses, can be used in 2nd slot.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
i escape from death many times today P:
my english sux.
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
"
Mudpony wrote:
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
U usualy dont see what mod is on rare box coz u need to ind it first and i doubt u lure mobs fromm room 30 feet from stronbox to kill them there just in case box roll detonate death

Even if there is bunch of death mobs around box it should not detonate half sec after u open it,atleast i should have chance to run from it

You have the same chance as you do with other ones (nova, firestorm, poison) and more than you do with the ones that freeze you.

Either open it intelligently (from the area with the least amount of corpses), use a currency to change the mods on the box, don't open it, use a skill that gets rid of the corpses (I use zombies as a corpse-be-gone on my lightning damage templar), or suck it up.

Dude im not talking about how to open those boxes or what to do before u open, im talking about why they sometimes detonate right afther u open them and sometines it take 2-3 or more sec

I opened 4-5 with detonate dead mod and run away,i had like 2 sec to move from it, now i open it and boom, it detonate immediately....why?

Atleast someone should explain how they worh so some new ppl dont uninstal game when they die from stupid mechanic like that one

The detonate dead boxes only cast Vaal Detonate Dead when you're in range to take damage from a corpse detonation. That's why it takes time at some times but not at others.

It's probably coded exactly like one of the corpse detonating totems, except it uses Vaal Detonate Dead instead.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Dec 17, 2014, 8:38:39 PM
"
we NEED to remove these completely from the game.

So just because some people can't handle them, they NEED to be removed? Uh...no. Even with some of the issues with them, a lot of people enjoy having the strongboxes in the game. If you don't, simply don't open them. Problem solved. And if it's just certain mods that you can't handle, then reroll or skip those boxes.

Detonate dead in particular shouldn't be an issue though. There's plenty of ways to deal with it and you should probably have some way of dealing with annoying corpses on most characters anyway.
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:

The detonate dead boxes only cast Vaal Detonate Dead when you're in range to take damage from a corpse detonation. That's why it takes time at some times but not at others.

It's probably coded exactly like one of the corpse detonating totems, except it uses Vaal Detonate Dead instead.

That's probably how they work. One time I opened a box with detonate dead and lightning warped away ASAP. I thought I was safe, so I proceeded to get back in and kill the mobs. They exploded when my guard was down and killed me.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info