WTF is wrong with srtonboxes

Im dying second tome coze of stupid strongbox....wtf is wrong with detonate death mod, it activate half sec after i open box i cant even turn around to try to run

Second time from same shit.....im sick of this broken mechanic death
IGN: Puskurcina
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There has been numerous threads and discussions on ways to minimise and avoid deaths to Strongboxes, ranging from the use of movement skills and flasks, lightning warps and smoke mines, equipping appropriate flasks for mods, use of Immortal Call, and even the ultimate method - Don't Open Them.

Definitely worth investigating options that would be suitable for your character.

As for "wtf is wrong with" them, they unfortunately load all of the assets required for the mob spawns when they are opened, there is no preloading - this can cause significant FPS drops, as well as short computer freezes.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
The detonate corpses mod definitely got me a couple of times too. It sometimes waits like 2-3 seconds before detonating. One time I tried running away to wait it out, then I went back in to kill the mobs. Then the mobs' corpses detonated on me. So I think it only detonates when you're actually near the box (kind of like the totem that detonates corpses).
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on Dec 17, 2014, 6:16:38 PM
"
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
Im dying second tome coze of stupid strongbox....wtf is wrong with detonate death mod, it activate half sec after i open box i cant even turn around to try to run

Second time from same shit.....im sick of this broken mechanic death

You died TWICE? Damn

Also try smoke mine or lightning warp or leap slam

And if the box has detonates corpses mod it's usually good not to slay a bunch of mobs around it before you open it :P

Free protip!

"
WTF is wrong with srtonboxes

Srtonboxes can be very deadly.

U usualy dont see what mod is on rare box coz u need to ind it first and i doubt u lure mobs fromm room 30 feet from stronbox to kill them there just in case box roll detonate death

Even if there is bunch of death mobs around box it should not detonate half sec after u open it,atleast i should have chance to run from it

In this case i doubt u could escape even with lightning warp

The strongbox ice novas destroy me, and I am capped at 89% cod res qq
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:

Yes, you can. Just hit warp before opening the box, and time it so you open just before you go shazzzzaaaaaampow.

Works like a charm.

Until it doesn't.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Dec 17, 2014, 6:21:50 PM
"

As for "wtf is wrong with" them, they unfortunately load all of the assets required for the mob spawns when they are opened, there is no preloading - this can cause significant FPS drops, as well as short computer freezes.

It should be removed then ,its broken, replace it with something else

"
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:

Yes, you can. Just hit warp before opening the box, and time it so you open just before you go shazzzzaaaaaampow.

Works like a charm.

Until it doesn't.

Yea,until they start to detonate before u open them
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
The detonate corpses mod definitely got me a couple of times too. It sometimes waits like 2-3 seconds before detonating. One time I tried running away to wait it out, then I went back in to kill the mobs. Then the mobs' corpses detonated on me. So I think it only detonates when you're actually near the box (kind of like the totem that detonates corpses).

Well i need to be near to open it....then atleast ggg should explain how that mod actualy works so we all know what to except not to run lootery when it will triger
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
U usualy dont see what mod is on rare box coz u need to ind it first and i doubt u lure mobs fromm room 30 feet from stronbox to kill them there just in case box roll detonate death

Even if there is bunch of death mobs around box it should not detonate half sec after u open it,atleast i should have chance to run from it

You have the same chance as you do with other ones (nova, firestorm, poison) and more than you do with the ones that freeze you.

Either open it intelligently (from the area with the least amount of corpses), use a currency to change the mods on the box, don't open it, use a skill that gets rid of the corpses (I use zombies as a corpse-be-gone on my lightning damage templar), or suck it up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info