WTF is wrong with srtonboxes

"
Hodari wrote:
"
we NEED to remove these completely from the game.

So just because some people can't handle them, they NEED to be removed? Uh...no. Even with some of the issues with them, a lot of people enjoy having the strongboxes in the game. If you don't, simply don't open them. Problem solved. And if it's just certain mods that you can't handle, then reroll or skip those boxes.

Detonate dead in particular shouldn't be an issue though. There's plenty of ways to deal with it and you should probably have some way of dealing with annoying corpses on most characters anyway.

Sorry, forgot to use my [sarcasm] tags, re-read post.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
This is why you don't open Strongbox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0APF3SO9tqE

Inside... agony... despair... death...
if you come across a detonate dead box, you need to open it, don't want to reroll it, and are not sure you can survive all the detonations, just pop on a detonate dead gem and destroy all the corpses before you open the box.
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
if you come across a detonate dead box, you need to open it, don't want to reroll it, and are not sure you can survive all the detonations, just pop on a detonate dead gem and destroy all the corpses before you open the box.

Flesh/Bone Offering is much better. :)
They will get rid of 9 corpses per cast.
I opened one before just in front of a doorway with narrow passageways. the strongbox spawned detonate while i got trapped from moving when the spawns burst out. Take care!
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
This is why you don't open Strongbox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0APF3SO9tqE

Inside... agony... despair... death...

lol,i like this.
close eye, open strongbox safe ur character!!!
Pant of Exile,Path of Gamer.
This game is an illusion, player.
Last edited by ___GAMER___ on Dec 18, 2014, 2:10:47 AM
Detonate mod is stupid mod. It never detonates nearby corpses untill you near them to blow you up. I opened a box with smokemine, killed all monsters and waited for 10 secs - it still locked, I cleared the map and went back to the box - its still locked.

Now I have 5-10 secs delay before the any box opened after killing all the monsters, that started to happen after the patch, dunno whats this, I think *explode* mod cause this
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Dec 18, 2014, 4:15:35 AM
My method for dealing with dangerous looking boxes is to re-roll or walk past. Works pretty good.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Dec 18, 2014, 8:25:55 AM
Play with a friend.

have him open the box with that shiny new blink or mirror arrow thingy

Sit back with flameblast, searing bond totem out and firetraps everywhere

charge lameblast to 10 close to the box

open it

proc it

profitt

We don't even ID the boxes anymore, everything dies instantly regardless. monster stream is now the scariest mod with our tactic

10 stage flameblast? Reflect elemental says BOO!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info