2.0 Mathil's Life Crit Ele Kinetic Blaster - Cheap, easy, effective

Anyone found a way for make this build viable for end game ? this build is cool lvl70-80 with shitty gear but when you start to go 90+ with good gear its become horrible vs reflect....
I tried vaal pact but VS boss the leech is really bad with KB/gmp
Last edited by Dazoul on Jul 27, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
In my opinion it's very viable for endgame. I'm running it at lvl 88 right now, and today was the first time I was able to oneshot myself by a thornflesh pack with 44k dps (usually I end up with 1/4 of my 4.4k hp) - it's just with LL gem without VP or acuity. Getting one of those will completely solve the problem on packs, and for bosses the most viable option I see frost wall without pierce - 75 bosses melt in a second. Also I use frost wall+poachers mark on CWDT, so i get another wall&LGOH on reflect or boss hit.

As about ele reflect mod on maps - I tested it with my windripper TS ranger - and with VP and dps below 30k you'll surely survive reflect. Just change dps gems to IIR or IIQ, and benefit from reflect quantity)
YOu will see when you dmg will go higer iam at like 60K and i can OS me just on a rare monster(even with max res pot)... i dont even speak in party when the dmg go up 100k+ or negativ res map

I play with vaal pact atm its solve the reflect problem but its add new problem like fight a boss with no add the leech is horrible like 1/10 of your hp and you have no regen...
Single target frenzy wich remove ur life because BM and no leech.

KB ele wander was pretty cool befor 90, but at 90+ its look its not really solid for never die.
Last edited by Dazoul on Jul 28, 2015, 1:23:04 AM
I'm playing my selfmade ES version of this build:
Can run reflect maps just run topaz + ruby flask to sustain your life.

Link to build
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcNfBFQFLAV1xcvGYoajxslHRQdTx2qJJ0ksCo4KlMspiy_LR8vbzQKNbk3Zj9zRnFHBkuuTLNV1lZjVytZvFv0XGtfKl9qX7BiWmKVZOdtGW-ecLtzcHRVeM5_xoCkgh6DCYRIhMWFMoauiFuPRo_6kNaTJ5UglwaaYZuhm7WfiKEvoqOnCKcrpzSsmLALsnC0DL2Cvoq-7sHFwfPCc8M6w23EosUox8rJRMpKytPQ0NMb037ZE9lb2wLfit-Y4YjpAuq66-Tr7uwY9lv22vb899f5yPrS-wn-Sf6z?accountName=Xtermination&characterName=BristleBird

Currently got 7,3k ES also got MOM and not using an ES helmet, this build is relying fully on auras for damage.
When I get a better shield and chest my ES will go over 9k.

Right now I am lvl 91

When I get lvl 4 enlighten I can also add arctic armour for more defense

Last edited by Xtermination on Jul 28, 2015, 1:16:23 AM
what is ur dmg on kb with this build. ? how many mana regen u neeed ?

chain with kb weird
Last edited by Dazoul on Jul 28, 2015, 1:27:12 AM
"
Kharantir wrote:
In my opinion it's very viable for endgame. I'm running it at lvl 88 right now, and today was the first time I was able to oneshot myself by a thornflesh pack with 44k dps (usually I end up with 1/4 of my 4.4k hp) - it's just with LL gem without VP or acuity. Getting one of those will completely solve the problem on packs, and for bosses the most viable option I see frost wall without pierce - 75 bosses melt in a second. Also I use frost wall+poachers mark on CWDT, so i get another wall&LGOH on reflect or boss hit.

As about ele reflect mod on maps - I tested it with my windripper TS ranger - and with VP and dps below 30k you'll surely survive reflect. Just change dps gems to IIR or IIQ, and benefit from reflect quantity)

can u post ur gear set up and tree
Strive For The Win
"
ricotsared wrote:
can u post ur gear set up and tree

not optimal gear, but 44k dps with 6 frenzy/4 power charges. Also to get maximum of the build have to replace maligaro's with Acuity (no regen of VP is bad for Blood Rage, so I don't use it and suffer from thornflesh)
Gear

I played this build in Warband till Lv87. I think I am done since upgrades to the build will be quite expensive. I have spent around 5 Exa on my gears with 2 exa on 5-L chest and 2 exa on shield.

Hp 4.6K
Evasion 6K (around 37% chance to evade attacks, no frenzy charge)
KB 16k Dps with all charges up. (a bit low since crappy Jewelry and no quality on gems, still clear speed is quite good)

Some changes to Mathil's Build
The build is very prone to Physical spell. I solve the problem by using Daresso's Defiance with endurance charge generation on kill to allow cwdt immortal call. This setup saves me lots of time from getting one-shot by physical damage. The extra dodge is really nice too since I am using Acrobatics + phase Acrobatics and not using Arrow-Dancing.

I have not tried Belly of the Beast because it is ridiculously expensive in Warband. When using this chest I think you really need to link KB with Lifeleech and combo with Vaal Pact.

I have drop Blood Rage since I think it is merely used to maintain frenzy charge. Leech only applies to Physical attack really sucks. Without Blood Rage, my life pool is always full even when I am spamming EB. I maintain frenzy charges with this setup:
Frenzy - Power charge on Crit - GMP(so that i don't need to aim) - Blood Magic.

Flame Dash is almost mandatory as people are using Cwdt frost wall, you might get trapped without this movement spell. It also allows you to escape when getting creep block.

Decoy totem is very useful by taunting mobs to a wall and allow you to safely dps mobs that will chase you to the end of the world.

Gears

Passive

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4DHgUtBbUGIwceCC4JoAzyDdEOSBGWFLAVIBa_GY4ZtB9BI_Yk_SaVKgsqWy2DMHEwfDY9OkI-zz9zQzFDNkV8R35JUUt4TZJRR1LsVUtaGl3yYeJirGNDZU1sjGznbWxwUnDVc3B07XXLefZ67311f8aCHoTZidOMC4w2jX2Nfo2_lS6Xl5phnaqfiKKjo4qly7Q4tMW1SLe2uXy74702vea-p8HzwnPC7MMzxKLOcNN-1CPawd2o5RnnVOpi7LDtg-4O73rw1fPq9qP25_v1_rr_3g==

Upgrades to my build is
Rat's Nest -> Good dps boost, with decent evasion, I rate this higher than Maligaro's Virtuosity.
Atziri's Step -> Very nice defensive boost, make the build less vulnerable to Phy spell.
Taste of Hate
Else is better rares.

Some experience leveling the build.
I swap to this build around lv50 with a 150 edps 9% crit wand. The AOE clearing is very decent. However the single dps is just painful even with frost wall. A rare mob with life regen took like 2 mins to kill 0 . 0. Not to mention, maintaining charges is quite difficult due to low gem level. However, the build just become better and better when you and gems level.

Reflect
Reflect is not a huge problem since I do not have huge dps. When running ele reflect map, I swap out Weapon elemental damage for life leech. I attack once and kite back and repeat. As long as you do not repeatedly hit a huge pack of mobs you will not die to reflect.

Single Target DPS
In the case when you have limited window to attack or need to kite for example Piety annoying Storm Heard or corrupted merry-go-round Piety. I swap Frenzy and power charge on crit with KB and GMP in my 5L.

My Ideal Gem Setup:
KB - WED - GMP - BM - FA - LL

HoT - HoI - CoH - AssMark

Cwdt - Immortal Call - Enfeeble - Frostwall

End. Cry - Ice Golem - Flame Dash - BM

Frenzy - PCoC - BM

Vaal Grace - Inc. Dur - Wrath

PS Frost Wall is a bit buggy, sometimes mobs just run through the wall. It also requires some effort to cast it in front and behind the mob. I still have not master how :( .
Last edited by MinaGing on Jul 28, 2015, 10:21:57 AM
For wander you want a wand with good atk speed =>imbued wand, omen wand have an atk speed to low...

For lvling there is a unique wand with 10%crit, but lvling is better with Flame totem unless you have a tabula maybe dunno
Sorry for the confusion. What I trying to say is Omen wand is a good base for leveling, because it has high critical strike chance base. You only need decent Elemental attack roll to make it good. Hence you probably can craft it or buy it fairly cheap. I'll remove it for clarity sake.

Of course Imbued wand is the best base for the end-game build.

Twyzel Sage Wand is a leveling unqiue with 10% crit, but I don't think it is suit this build.

Yes Flame totem is the best way to level in 2.0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info