[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

Looks interesting, probably going to run this build after the update. Used to run Zivko's WoE BOR RBS and I'm not sure how good it still is so I''d rather not risk. Wanted to try out a new build anyway too.

Sucks that I'll have to farm for quite a while given how don't have a good 1hander mace - only have a 306dps Corsair Sword - and I'm too poor to afford a legacy Aegis ( don't feel like buying the non-legacy one ). More time for people who are trying the build to give their inputs, I guess.
"
beckyolt wrote:
Looks interesting, probably going to run this build after the update. Used to run Zivko's WoE BOR RBS and I'm not sure how good it still is so I''d rather not risk. Wanted to try out a new build anyway too.

Sucks that I'll have to farm for quite a while given how don't have a good 1hander mace - only have a 306dps Corsair Sword - and I'm too poor to afford a legacy Aegis ( don't feel like buying the non-legacy one ). More time for people who are trying the build to give their inputs, I guess.

Honestly, there is absolutely no need for a legacy Aegis. I got one simply because, if you have currency lying around, it is the biggest boost you can give this build. I was running with a non-legacy and I can barely feel the difference. The only real advantage to a legacy is that you can drop some armour nodes, in my opinion.
"
Assassin2000 wrote:

Is that you dps with Cyclone? If it is cyclone, it is quite good, but I would be a little surprised if it is Molten/Static strike because 18k is quite low.

About the clear speed, I fully agree. This build can never compete with those builds which speed-run gorge in under 3 minutes... It just won't happen. Advantage is that we die a lot less and can tank 'almost' anything in the game (I have never done Atziri due to my computer so I wouldn't know). The idea is that the clear speed loss is made up for by not losing exp from deaths. On a sidenote, being so tanky also allows me to plat quite recklessly (charge into literally anything and start swinging my Doryani's blindly) which is a lot of fun :-)

About the facebreakers, yep, my facebreaker's counterattack gems do deal quite a bit more damage. The sacrifice is rather large though (abyssus and more phys, 6l, no weapon which means less sockets, block and spell block aren't capped and of course there is none of the aegis-immortality stuff). I guess it really is a trade off...

No that is my dps with static strike. When I say my gems were unleveled I mean all of my gems, not just static strike. I have 8 toons over level 80 and with all of these changes I had to completely re build alot of them which diminished my leveled gems supply. I tweaked the spec a little more last night and got my dps a little higher last night. I believe I was a little over 20k when I logged. I am getting more and more dps as I change the build and level my gems. I also run Multistrike which lowers my tooltip dps as well. I can't remember at this point if your build ran that or not.

As far as the comments on facebreakers go I honestly do not feel that much of a sacrifice. I do not have capped block but still retain a respectable block chance and I have a 2200 AR 6L chest & 1800 AR shield that I crafted with a phys damage mod. his AR is ridiculously high (83% phys damage reduction without popping a flask) that combined with my block chance still being in the upper 50% range I have no problems. The lack of links do not bother me in this setup because it is a facebreaker build and does not need many links. I have Cyclone in my 6L, 4L Aura, 4L Reckoning, 4L Vengeance and 3L CoDT. My backup shield is legacy safell's frame that has the same 3L CoDT chain in it. I swap when needed for spell heavy bosses/packs. He is an absolute beast. Cyclone in the 60K dps range along with Reckoning & Vengeance procing at around 20K each. As I have said before I cleared an entire 77 map without ever attacking and I believe I only hit a flask 1 time. (the procs deal phys damage & I have a ton of life leech on that build). I honestly expect reckoning & riposte to get nerfed slightly to, similar to vengeance, have a % chance to proc instead of being 100% chance when blocked but we will see.
I had a lvl 74 duelist that i wasn't using so i decided to give your build a try and so far it is looking really good, already lvl 77 after one day. i decided to use a soul taker instead of the doryani's because i had one and ive always liked soul taker from my old blender duelist. right now ive got 24k molten strike dps and it feels pretty good but i think with the soul taker it can get a bit higher. i will be testing out double strike (dont think it will be that great but ill try :P) and ill try cyclone as well. again really enjoying the build, cant wait to get into some more endgame content.

My gear

My tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABIcFLQY5CTMM9w3NFCAVIBXsGbQaPhutHM4i4iSLKaUqTStQLOkvzDJONZI8LT0PPeI_J0CgR35H4kjuSshOKk4yUEdRYFuvXhNfP2BLYuxlTWXwZ5tuqnKpdO11TnfjeK55OXrvfNl-4oTZhO-PmZkrpDmmjamVrK-uPq-ntfK2irc-uR29Nr2BvqfAv8GCwaPE9sauypDK09CB0TbTfti93Q3iLORR6hjvDu968i_zBvaj9zL46_uq_gr-VA==
"
hoverworm wrote:
I had a lvl 74 duelist that i wasn't using so i decided to give your build a try and so far it is looking really good, already lvl 77 after one day. i decided to use a soul taker instead of the doryani's because i had one and ive always liked soul taker from my old blender duelist. right now ive got 24k molten strike dps and it feels pretty good but i think with the soul taker it can get a bit higher. i will be testing out double strike (dont think it will be that great but ill try :P) and ill try cyclone as well. again really enjoying the build, cant wait to get into some more endgame content.

My gear

My tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABIcFLQY5CTMM9w3NFCAVIBXsGbQaPhutHM4i4iSLKaUqTStQLOkvzDJONZI8LT0PPeI_J0CgR35H4kjuSshOKk4yUEdRYFuvXhNfP2BLYuxlTWXwZ5tuqnKpdO11TnfjeK55OXrvfNl-4oTZhO-PmZkrpDmmjamVrK-uPq-ntfK2irc-uR29Nr2BvqfAv8GCwaPE9sauypDK09CB0TbTfti93Q3iLORR6hjvDu968i_zBvaj9zL46_uq_gr-VA==

Nice gear you got there! As I mentioned previously, if I had a Soul taker I would definitely go with Cyclone or Dominating blow. But, if you enjoy molten/static strike, they are perfectly fine too!
I had a free respect at 90 lvl duelist, so i decided to try this build and i have to say that it´s really great. I am using soul taker + static stike (i can´t play cyclone because of desync). My dps is 27k and will go higher with max gems.
Btw tried atziri twice and killed her both times, so this build is definitelly atziri viable :).
Last edited by Mern on Dec 20, 2014, 4:23:35 AM
ur life is pretty damn low. but you still manage to be very tanky. Nice. can't wait to see if u can do 78 maps and atziri. can you afk in a 78 map?
"
sighlight wrote:
ur life is pretty damn low. but you still manage to be very tanky. Nice. can't wait to see if u can do 78 maps and atziri. can you afk in a 78 map?

If you're asking me (not entirely sure if you are) I totally agree with you about my life being low. At level 76 I have 3.7k, but the more I level up it should be well over 4k. I am only picking the life nodes up now.

I haven't tried 78s, to be honest. I don't have much time on my hands at the moment nor do I have 78 maps either. I'd prefer to save 78s until a higher level anyway.

But from the comments, including the one above yours, it seems the build is working fine and he was able to do Atziri twice.

By the way, guys, I am now able to afk-kill Carnage (Kole) from Collannade!

:-)
For the guys who did Atziri, is it easier to do it by switching to Saffels?
Last edited by Assassin2000 on Dec 20, 2014, 9:19:15 AM
"
Assassin2000 wrote:
For the guys who did Atziri, is it easier to do it by switching to Saffels?

Yes, i switched to saffels and purity of fire + herald of ash instead of grace for atziri

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info