[1.3] Aegis Aurora BoR 30k dps Super-Tank with 2-3 Counter Attacks +Molten/Static/Lightning Strike

Sorry about no updates. I have been playing a facebreaker variant of this, which although is great and has high damage, doesn't have the same tankiness. I am probably going to level a new character into this build, and maybe get a soul taker if possible. I really like Ice crash though, and it would be great with Doryani's.

Overall, the build got a huge buff in 2.0: fortify, lockstep, more block, tempest shield, etc. Not sure about blood rage, could be a little annoying since it burns through es but I guess we'll see.

My planned passive tree is this (for soul taker):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCAaPu8OfuLyL3y4UEd5OSku5FHp1Zd5ns0oKqcwi08B55tqNugUTRv6hVIaVfxLJd_ZYWEhvJ-2LK2NhO-uUBiRpBnPfmLs2sF7dHasTUZ07WWn6hjBggUt9zL46y_Meu9yqXzZZFKE2UCgxPZOMsGjR34hYMC_r6cX4eJhvTZ08amVBIcczj0PJvgwd2VNKaUM94-ZK1B8uwY5E0xZ_r6nrK8yTg3NOth35fuq_lTsOCcv8waCm5BVUWCaOxo4n9_vfDwFwGYEs6IA8B9o8g==

It has 476% increased damage, 23% additional block, 172% increased life and 188% increased armour. With aegis, legacy BoR and tempest shield I have 73% block. I feel that it is unnecessary to travel to fill out those last 2%.
Hi, I am glad you decided to update this build. The patch was really good for us and I would say that this is currently my most favourite build.
Also I recently bought a nice 400 dps axe and my dps is finally looking good too :)
"
Mern wrote:
Hi, I am glad you decided to update this build. The patch was really good for us and I would say that this is currently my most favourite build.
Also I recently bought a nice 400 dps axe and my dps is finally looking good too :)

Hi, thanks for the interest. Still levelling my marauder, currently at level 84. Everything is going very nicely. I have taken a liking to cleave and currently thats my skill of choice. I only used hatred, no blood rage or fire golem, and have a solid 20k dps (not counting my counter attacks).

I'm feeling exceptionally tanky and safe. Tempest shield is great. I have 11k armour (with more nodes to come).

I finally have enough dexterity to use grace instead of determination. Grace gave me 2k more armour than determination.

I'm considering using a ming's heart to counter chaos damage and boost my damage further.

Anyway, the build is great at the moment.
I am using legacy Aegis, so i don´t care so much about armor (I have around 7,5k now). I am focusing only at high hp pool (I am currently at 5,5k) - in combination with max block and 60 spell block it´s the best defense in poe in my opinion.

I tried cleave too, but I like static strike better because it hits enemies all around me and has bigger area effect. Also with high dps weapon clear speed is really great for a non crit and almost immortal build.

"
Mern wrote:
I am using legacy Aegis, so i don´t care so much about armor (I have around 7,5k now). I am focusing only at high hp pool (I am currently at 5,5k) - in combination with max block and 60 spell block it´s the best defense in poe in my opinion.

I tried cleave too, but I like static strike better because it hits enemies all around me and has bigger area effect. Also with high dps weapon clear speed is really great for a non crit and almost immortal build.

I tried to use static strike, but the big problem I have with it is that I have to target monsters and not the area, which for me, is a huge QoL downside. But, hey, if it doesn't bother you, it's a great skill!

My second choice is ice crash, which is also brilliant. Matter of choice really, my dps is similar. I like how multistrike autotargets though and that leech is more effective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info